No announcement yet.

New Resident Evil 6 Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Jill and Chris aren't still active partners after RE5 it tells me the events that happened to Jill have taken a toll on her in some way.

The President in 2013 for sure wouldn't be Graham at this point so we can rule out Ashley. Regardless, until we learn more I suspect Blondie is now officially back on track for grown up Sherry as far as the fans are concerned.

Comment

Does the "incident in Europe six months before" is related to the up coming Resident Evil: Damnation CGI film?

It says it takes place in Europe, it envolves Leon and an unidentified man. It could be a tie-in or something.

Comment

Damnation will probably be a prologue to RE6. No doubt about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
          So...instead of Zombies we have Ganados with a different skin (supposedly intelligent swarming monsters that use weapons and mutate and change when damaged? Yeah) and an even more action orientated controller set up.

Oh well. The dream was nice while it lasted that Capcom could actually cope with installing some horror back into the main series AND try and get the Gears of Modern Battlefield players to try it...
          Im Soo pissed too > !
          This is fucking not fair , Wow CRAPCOM !

I feel this game would be another Gears of war , Battle Field , Call of duty Clone ... This Must Stop !
          Im soo pissed from games being all the same ....
          If Crapcom cant bring us horror games , the ill pay for other people to make them ....
          I Hope A tsunami Takes down the Whole Crapcom Buildings in Japan , and Hope Shinji and his friends revive the series : ( "I Can Dream" ....
          Last edited by Mrox2; 02-15-2012, 07:43 AM.
          Darkness : Tactical reload wasn't even in deadly silence LMAO
          ^ Lol ...

Comment

Originally posted by RE-Hiro View Post
            Does the "incident in Europe six months before" is related to the up coming Resident Evil: Damnation CGI film?

It says it takes place in Europe, it envolves Leon and an unidentified man. It could be a tie-in or something.
            Sounds about right. I understand that these games will never be what they used to and I have come to terms with this that is fine. However putting these two lines next to each other makes me laugh.

- While they're aiming to bring back the feeling of horror with the game, this isn't an attempt to return the series back to it's origins.

- They're aiming for the greatest volume in series history.

Lol um no. As bad as that line is I understand they have to big the game up but this next one makes me sick to the stomach.

- The game's third main character is meant to be someone young people can relate to.

What young people? You mean the kids who shouldnt even be playing the game? Takes the piss I got nothing against kids but everything is molding their company for kids. They have their own shit why do they have to steal our entertainment. The game is rated 18 yet we have to appeal to them. Whats next? Putting cartoon characters on condoms to 'appeal to the younger audience'. I already hate this mercs character because of that line, he is the John Cena of RE.

Comment

They're always trying to bring in a new audience. And fresh faces of younger characters is one way a new generation can jump in.

Rebecca and Billy were in their 20s in RE0.
              Chris and Jill were in their 20s in RE1.
              Leon and Claire were in their late teens/early 20s in RE2.
              Jill and Carlos were in their early 20s in RE3.
              Chris, Claire and Steve were in their late teens/early 20s in RE:CV.
              Leon and Ashley were in their late and early 20s in RE4.

At this point the characters are getting older. RE5 gave us Sheva Alomar, a 23 year-old new character.

Revelations seems to be an exception to this rule, but Jill looks to be in her late 20s from that game. She's more experienced, but can still relate to a younger crowd.

Which brings us to RE6. Leon and Chris are more grizzled and older, but are favorites among the fans of the previous games. Who knows what Jill and Claire are up to at this rate or even if they're in the game at all. But regardless we have some fresh young faces in the mix including Helena Harper, Blondie and the Mystery Man. All look young and modern enough to meet the criteria of appealing to newcomers who are jumping into the series straight off of Call of Duty and Infamous. They'll probably enjoy the more action oriented segments the new mysterious mercenary has to offer.

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonElder View Post
                What young people? You mean the kids who shouldnt even be playing the game?
                How old were you when you first played a RE game?
                Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

"someone young people can relate to"

What, he's going to update his Facebook status and listen to shitty music while fighting B.O.W.s?

Originally posted by Grem View Post
                  aris13 : Yeah, the eastern european places we saw in the trailer is definitely a flashback. But the fact that Jill isn't on Chris' side makes me think that they are going to do that "Jill's dead" plot twist again.
                  Chris found her dead in a bathtub with her wrists cut, she couldn't deal with her time being mind-controlled. Imagine the blow to the balls of the Jill fans that would be.

Comment

Some minor add on details regarding the game

Comment

So the zombies can run, jump and use weapons oh well my hopes have been dashed a little. I’m I the only one that thinks this personal tragedy of Chris’s is something to do with Claire I doubt Capcom would kill Jill off again after RE 5, then again if they did it wouldn’t really surprise me.

Comment

I don't think it has to do with Jill as they already played that card. It obviously has something to do with the incident in Eastern Europe which is now set six months prior to the events in China as the article states both the Eastern Europe and the Chris personal situation are both six months before the current story.

Guess IGN was right about claiming it to be Sherry Birkin. No reason for Ashley to be involved but it was a good theory. Interesting that Adam has the same outline from the RE3 epilogue. I believe someone was able to get a picture of that Leon interrogation and the guy also had glasses on, well his outline anyways. Interesting to see them use those epilogues finally in a more favorable fashion.

I'm liking what I am seeing so far. We already knew they weren't the classic zombies. But honestly does it really make that big of a difference? So they can jump and use weapons. It shouldn't really be that big of an issue for people.
                        As for the news on the new guy being used to target young people, perhaps they're referring to newer fans of the series rather then the older fans. You know, like RE4/RE5 and the UC/DC fans over the more veteran players.

LOL @ the new guy going on facebook and posting about his status. "Kicking B.O.W. ass in Serbia..... #asshanding2javo".

Comment

Originally posted by aris13 View Post
                          - The zombies in the game did not become zombies due to the T-Virus.
                          Uh oh... Now that doesn't sound good, not too good at all.

Originally posted by aris13 View Post
                          Zombies return in Resident Evil 6 and this time they’re smart enough to use weapons. Instead of staggering towards players they will run and jump at you.
                          Oh deary me..... Fears have been answered.....

FOR F**KS SAKES!

Comment

Originally posted by Reston View Post
                            I'm liking what I am seeing so far. We already knew they weren't the classic zombies. But honestly does it really make that big of a difference? So they can jump and use weapons. It shouldn't really be that big of an issue for people.
                            As for the news on the new guy being used to target young people, perhaps they're referring to newer fans of the series rather then the older fans. You know, like RE4/RE5 and the UC/DC fans over the more veteran players.
                            It depends. If it's literally just ganado's with new skins (and more zombie like movements) then no, it'll be a big issue. I said failry on with RE5 that it would be made or broken by the enemy (and later Sheeva's) AI and that's one of the most criticised elements of the game. If Capcom is trying to use the Ganado/Majini AI again without a hell of an upgrade, it's going to be awful.

I sorta like the idea that zombies retain some intelligence and additional motor skills. It's a natural progression. But combine the fact they sound so like Ganado's with the new control scheme, where you can slide away to escape while firing off two grenade launchers, and it sounds like a total wash. You might as well go get a Gears game - they've already done it, and done it better than Capcom likely will. They even have a chainsaw bayonet!

Comment

You would think so, huh? After all with the year progression from RE4 to RE5 they basically just copied everything after a four year gap.

I understand the gripe if that is the issue, however, with 600 staff working on this game, it may not be like that. We'll have to wait to get some sort of demo or see some type of video before we jump on the RE5 cannon blaster. I'd rather prefer these types of zombies with some type of spider DNA over the old ones, especially with this game mechanic. I never played Gears of War so I'm not familiar with what people are referring to. I'm keeping my hopes high for this but at the same time it is.... Capcom.

Comment

Originally posted by vixtro
                                Oh deary me..... Fears have been answered.....

FOR F**KS SAKES!
                                Here we go again.

At least zombies are making a return in some form.

Comment

Working...
                                X