No announcement yet.

Capcom Teases RE-related Surprise For Xbox360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder, did they announce a release for the RE6 demo in Japan, or just America? And do they have the same deal in Japan where, if you preorder Dragon's Dogma, you get early access to the RE6 demo?

It could just be that.

Comment

It may just be RE skins for the Microsoft users avatars.

Comment

Shit i might have to get a 360 after all.

Comment

Just for the people mentioning the SFxTekken PS3 exclusive characters, the reason was given on Capcom-Unity, and it's that Microsoft didn't even bother to talk about exclusives with them and disallowed them to use Master Chief and similar character. Maybe this is for their 'screw-up' or something like that (apparently they were too late to even decide on anything now, so no SFxTekken Xbox exclusive character).

Comment

Originally posted by Gradon View Post
            Just for the people mentioning the SFxTekken PS3 exclusive characters, the reason was given on Capcom-Unity, and it's that Microsoft didn't even bother to talk about exclusives with them and disallowed them to use Master Chief and similar character. Maybe this is for their 'screw-up' or something like that (apparently they were too late to even decide on anything now, so no SFxTekken Xbox exclusive character).
            That's still not a good reason to cut content from a game and release it exclusively on one console. Again I'm simply assuming this is actually a worthwhile announcement. If it's just a bunch of avatars or weapons /costumes I really don't care.

Comment

I really love the part where everyone assumes it's a 360 exclusive something something, 'cause they mentioned Xbox 360 and Resident Evil at a friggin Xbox 360 media event.

However, it's probably just regarding the RE6 demo, when it launches and how to gain early access. Guess the 360 version, as usual, is just more stable and, evt., the PS3 demo might pull a Lost Planet 2 and be more feature packed than its several months old counterpart on a rivaling platform.

Comment

Originally posted by Alkar View Post
                And one of those exceptions made me skip DR2 entirely.
                I honestly don't care if it's business, it's still stupid that someone's 70€/ 60$ is more important than someone else's simply because of a system choice. I'll never forgive Capcom if they do this with RE6 beyond the demo especially considering that the series was born on Playstation and that's still the only reason if it became so popular.
                Their business is only profitable from your money. So you may not have bought DR2. Did you buy CVX? Did you play any version of RE4 outside the original, once exclusive, Gamecube version? Perhaps the extra Ada material or the RE5 DLC that was held off? Well if you personally didn't contribute to those it was apparent gamers did and Capcom still finds ways to hold off content to either re-release later for another version of the same game or it comes separately as "console-exclusive" DLC. The only way it will go away is if Capcom wants to cut the slack.

But what exactly are we getting upset for in the case of RE6? 360 players get a surprise, but we don't know what that is. Could end up being nothing special. No need to get worked up until there's actually something confirmed to get worked up about.
                Last edited by Smiley; 02-27-2012, 07:49 PM.

Comment

By the way, regarding DLC;
                  I generally get the feeling that DLC / Digital Distribution is more profitable on LIVE than on PSN, simple 'cause of the lack of a need to pay for your own hosting and the fact that the Marketplace, unless PSN, isn't a complete clusterfuck of a maze to browse for things in. (Heck. I daily blow people's minds at work by telling them they can actually buy other stuff via PSN than just FIFA GOLD PACKS)

Comment

Maybe it's because it was a year or two after I was using PSN that I started using Marketplace, but I cannpt get on with the current version. It always takes me five minutes to remember where the arcade and indy games are.

Comment

Someone correct me if I'm wrong on this, but I'd think Capcom might still be the only company undertaking this sort of heavy console exclusive deals these days. It's just too counter productive to ramping up sales for a title that is multiplatform to make such a heavy amount of console exclusivity.

We've covered this before, mostly when the DR2 stuff was announced, but most of the exclusives I can think of from other companies are generally minor DLC - an extra skin, a map, or something, but not anything to the exceptionally early demos and lengthy pre and post campaign style content. As I also mentioned with DR2 it made less sense for that because obviously they'd made the investment into expanding the franchise onto the PlayStation but then kicked the legs out from it by making Case Zero and Case West specifically for the 360 crowd. Seems to counter the idea of convincing anyone with a PlayStation to care.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                        Maybe it's because it was a year or two after I was using PSN that I started using Marketplace, but I cannpt get on with the current version. It always takes me five minutes to remember where the arcade and indy games are.
                        The latest Marketplace revision is still a bit of a mess (and to this date I believe Indie games are still unavailable in Norway, but available to the rest of Europe)

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                          By the way, regarding DLC;
                          I generally get the feeling that DLC / Digital Distribution is more profitable on LIVE than on PSN, simple 'cause of the lack of a need to pay for your own hosting and the fact that the Marketplace, unless PSN, isn't a complete clusterfuck of a maze to browse for things in. (Heck. I daily blow people's minds at work by telling them they can actually buy other stuff via PSN than just FIFA GOLD PACKS)
                          Not to start one of 'those' arguments, but the XBL marketplace is the clusterfuck, the PSN menus are clearly labled and simple to find items and organise based on preference, unlike XBL whichs just groups hundreds of things together sometimes with no filter at all. Especially true for sale items, on PSN they all get put in a clearly displayed 'sale' menu on the main page, on XBL you get the deals of the week but that is usually 2-4 items only, there are always sales on other things but there is absolutely nothing informing you of any of them, anywhere. Number of times I've missed XBL sales because they came and went and was no advertising anywhere and my first knowing of it was some forum and someone saying "Bought this in a sale last week".
                          Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

I own both consoles and I don't need to worry but Capcom's attitude pisses me off big time. Let's wait for the announcement to see if it is worth getting angry over or not
                            Sevket's Game Collection
                            PSN Gamercards

Comment

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Xbox 360-exclusive 'Nemesis' multiplayer mode announced

The Xbox 360 version of Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City will get an exclusive multiplayer mode allowing them to control the dreaded Nemesis.

The new "Nemesis" mode features competitive gameplay, pitting the USS against the Spec Ops in an eight-player battle. With an added twist, players can track down the control unit and give Nemesis orders to annihilate the enemy team.

Nemesis Mode will be available exclusively on Xbox 360, and will release as day one DLC for 320 Microsoft Points.
                              SOURCE: http://www.gamezone.com/products/resident-evil-operation-raccoon-city/news/resident-evil-operation-raccoon-city-xbox-360-exclusive-nemesis-multiplayer-mode-announced
                              Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X