"BIOHAZARD Marhawa Desire" Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "BIOHAZARD Marhawa Desire" Discussion

Just got my copy of Shonen Jump Champion Issue 13 thanks to cvxfreak. Marhawa Desire is the first manga in the magazine. The only thing exclusive in the "Episode 0 Prologue" is the scene with the hooded woman and the whole part with the nuns. Here's the story synopsis, from what I can tell just from the pictures:

The manga opens with a student approaching her friend in a classroom, who is oblivious to her calls. She gets closer, touches her, and it's revealed that the student is a Zombie. Girl gets eaten. Cut to Doug White lecturing at Signapore University, with a bored Ricky Tozawa in the class. They leave together and have a brief discussion. Doug arrives in his office and is handed a letter from Mother Gratia, the director of Marhawa School, informing him of the outbreak. Doug bursts out, sees Ricky and asks him to tag along. They board a flight to the isolated island which Marhawa School is situated on, and begin driving through the island. They have another discussion. They arrive at the school, Ricky is amazed at the scale of it. They are met by two female students, one being Arisa from the Prologue. Ricky immediately has the hots for pretty much every girl there, and notices a cordoned off section of the school. They arrive in Mother Gratia's office, and she and Doug share a brief awkward staring silence. She explains the situation and brings them into the basement where they have chained up the zombified girl. Doug gives a brief explanation on the t-Virus and Umbrella.

Ricky leaves and wanders around the school for a while, flirting with some of the students, encountering a ton of rabbits and being scared by a dog. After all that exhausting walking, he lies down on a bench and is approached by two female students who hand him a water bottle. He is approached by the jerks of the school and shoved into a wall, until they are told to beat it by Arisa. She and Ricky walk and talk for a bit and she mentions the cross necklace she's wearing, then they are teased by another student. Cut to Doug and Ricky in their room, where Doug mentions the BSAA.

Cut to a warzone somewhere, where Chris Redfield and Beards Nevance are shooting Lickers and punching Cerberus in the face, before they are approached by Mera Biji and told that they have to go and see Doug. Cut back to the school, Doug is investigating outside at night trying to ascertain the cause of the t-Virus leak, and he remembers that rats spread the virus through Raccoon City and may have done the same here. He is watched by the hooded woman in heels, who is holding her cube device. Ricky wakes up with Arisa's large breasts in his face. Now she's also a Zombie. He gets bitten. Find out how he survives in Issue 14 on March 1st!
    There is a "Marhawa's Report" which appears to focus on a new series element each issue whenever they are referenced in the manga. In this one, it focused on the BSAA and gave a history, descriptions on characters such as Chris Redfield, Beards Nevance, Josh Stone, Sheva Alomar and Mera Biji. References BH5 and REV.

All in all, looks pretty interesting and appears to be quite canon. Going to scan now and get it translated.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Thanks for the info.
    Spoiler:

Comment

It was confirmed by Capcom that the manga/comic was supposed to be canon.

So, translate away with glee!

Thanks for your efforts.
      Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
      sigpic

Comment

Ricky wakes up with Arisa's large breasts in his face.
        Yep.

This is a manga all right.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
          Yep.

This is a manga all right.
          I shook my head, then it slightly redeemed itself when it was revealed that she was actually a Zombie staring him in the face... with tits. Totally shameless though, especially since her breasts are nowhere close to the size they supposedly are in every other scene she appears in.

Comment

So is there any reason this Biji chick is considered the best SOA in the BSAA? You'd think that title would belong to Chris or Jill.

Comment

So is there any reason this Biji chick is considered the best SOA in the BSAA? You'd think that title would belong to Chris or Jill.
              Wasn't shown in this issue, but I know there's at least one scene that will be shown in the manga where she wipes the floor with Licker brains.

Comment

So she's basically the Spec Ops chick from ORC.

Comment

So she's basically the Spec Ops chick from ORC.
                  Wouldn't go that far, she bothers to use a gun.

Comment

Then clearly she's not the best there is at what she does!

Comment

Any indication as to when this is set? I'm assuming 2012 if this is indeed a prequel to Bio 6. Any character ages in the profiles or anything like that?
                      I wonder what the mention of Revelations is about.
                      "I've got 100 cows."
                      "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Thanks for the info Newsbot, looking forward to the translation.
                        http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
                        http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
                        Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

"Chris Redfield and Beards Nevance are shooting Lickers and punching Cerberus in the face"

Is new-age RE alright.
                          Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Calm down Dracarys, Chris was punching things long before RE 5... he punched Wesker in Code V, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                              Calm down Dracarys, Chris was punching things long before RE 5... he punched Wesker in Code V, right?
                              But Wesker wasn't a virus riddled monster who craved Chris' man flesh!

...allow me to rephrase that until I'm right.

Comment

Working...
                              X