Ten Years of Resident Evil: The Official Soundtrack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ten Years of Resident Evil: The Official Soundtrack

This one went under the radar having been released over two months ago, March 27th, a compilation CD of tracks from the Resident Evil Remake, Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3, Resident Evil Code:Veronica and Resident Evil 4. The CD was found on the Best-Buy website at $14.99, however, it doesn't seem like the CD is being stocked in stores, so if you want it, you'll need to order it online. It appears that Capcom has outsourced the release to a company called SumThing Distribution. The tracks seem to follow in the same line as the previously released Biohazard Sound Chronicles albeit with far less tracks. Dot50Cal has ordered the CD so expect pictures soon.

Best Buy - $14.99
    SumThing Distribution

Thanks to Adam for the links!
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 05-25-2007, 04:54 PM.

This is probably just me, but I don't normally rumage electronic stores for CD's anymore... I usually just get what I want off a torrent since I like listening to mixes mostly and that's just not offered in stores...

What's funny is BestBuy.com says "[SIZE=1]Store Pickup: Available at most stores[/SIZE]"

Someone should have seen it by now... Under the radar indeed.

Comment

...Did they really need to do this again? The Biohazard Sound Chronicles should've been enough already.
      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Sorry for the lack of pics, but I got a copy today.

The CD comes in a standard CD case with the track listing on the backside. (Nothing special)

The pamphlet that comes with the CD isn't half bad; It folds out to a mini-sized poster which displays all the main characters from the RE universe. On the reverse side are pictures of the GCN titles with corresponding track lists.

It's safe to say that if you cannot afford or find an official Sound Chronicles box set, pick this up for a cheap thrill. Otherwise, it's nothing more than a collectible.

EDIT: After listening to this CD a bit more, i've found that it's poorly constructed. Songs run into other songs (eg, to be more specific, Track 17_-_The Last Escape runs about 3 seconds into Track 18).

Who the hell likes to listen to a certain track, only to hear the ending of the previous track before the given track even plays? :thumbs down:
        On second thought, don't waste your cash on this CD. It's no wonder noone knew about it....
        Last edited by MeganGrass; 05-30-2007, 12:28 PM.
        I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Using iTunes? Then turn off the preference that causes that

Comment

Nope, not using iTunes. I've played it in WinAmp, Windows CD Player, my DVD player, etc....it's the disc.

I may have jumped the gun on the whole "wtf - don't buy" statement, but given the fact that track 18 doesn't start until after track 17 fades + an extra3 seconds of silence into track 18, it's enough to claim that this CD was poorly made and is yet another shameless plug.
            I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Hah, Who the hell thought it was a good idea to cross fade them in the actual recordings? Thats the worst thing I've heard!

Comment

Working...
              X