X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wizard View Post
    Your Lose
    How Dare ?
    I dont Support Nintendo , and im not sitting on a bank , i prefer Vita anyway , it shines out the 3DS in Many ways ...
    Darkness : Tactical reload wasn't even in deadly silence LMAO
    ^ Lol ...

Comment

Personally, I'd be okay with them just making a standalone Raid Mode title with more characters, stages, etc. I haven't even touched the main campaign since I beat it the first time.

Comment

As long as they understand that Spoiler:
        and Spoiler:
        aren't fun I'll be okay with another.
        A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

The way Revelations ended, it figures that a direct sequel could be made. Since the plotline was self-contained in nature. One that could live-on on the 3DS handheld.

Originally posted by Mrox2 View Post
          How Dare ?
          I dont Support Nintendo , and im not sitting on a bank , i prefer Vita anyway , it shines out the 3DS in Many ways ...
          Vita can shine all it wants and it still has no resident Evil: Revelations on it. And if you're looking for something that won't break the bank, consider that the Vita is more expensive than a PS3 which has similar/better games (it even costs more with the required proprietary memory cards) and also buggy (that damn high-tech system will freeze on your ass out of the blue, thus forcing you to reset it). No thanks. I'll wait for a revision on that one (and if it gets a Resident Evil game).

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
          Personally, I'd be okay with them just making a standalone Raid Mode title with more characters, stages, etc. I haven't even touched the main campaign since I beat it the first time.
          So you didn't beat it on Hell mode then... Normal is easy compared to Hell mode and the survival aspect of it goes up to 11.

Raid Mode is okay. Better than Mercenaries IMO. But I wouldn't buy a game with just that on it.
          Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
            So you didn't beat it on Hell mode then... Normal is easy compared to Hell mode and the survival aspect of it goes up to 11.
            Honestly? I just don't have the drive to play through it again. I may get around to tackling Hell Mode one of these days, but my heart's just not in it right now.

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed Revelations. It just wasn't a game that I felt compelled to play through again immediately after beating it. Not like some of the previous REs, anyway.
            Last edited by Archelon; 03-03-2012, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
              Honestly? I just don't have the drive to play through it again. I may get around to tackling Hell Mode one of these days, but my heart's just not in it right now.

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed Revelations. It just wasn't a game that I felt compelled to play through again immediately after beating it. Not like some of the previous REs, anyway.
              I understand. It's fine. Not you're cup of tea sort of thing.

However, I got a difference experience from the game playing it on Hell Mode. To me, the difference is like playing REmake using the rocket launcher glitch and playing said game without it. With the glitch you take the fun out of the game.

I wished that mode was the default mode, though. Just like HARD is the default difficulty level on RE3. After beating it on those modes I don't have any need of playing them on normal.
              sigpic

Comment

Hopefully a new game could feature recurring characters other than borefest Jill or cardboard cutout action hero Chris. Those two were the weakest characters in Revelations, and were only there so people would recognize the game as being Resident Evil. How about Claire next time?
                Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Blame the writer, Chris and Jill could be more interesting if they were given some more personality to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Det. Beauregard View Post
                    Hopefully a new game could feature recurring characters other than borefest Jill or cardboard cutout action hero Chris. Those two were the weakest characters in Revelations, and were only there so people would recognize the game as being Resident Evil. How about Claire next time?
                    Claire was only interesting thanks to Sherry/Steve. Those characters made Claire interesting. Otherwise, she's as boring as any other character. Especially in that cgi movie.

EDIT: That's the reason why I didn't want Sherry to be in RE6 without Claire around. Claire needed to have Sherry in the game where she's the protagonist. Without Sherry, Claire won't be as interesting.
                    Last edited by Pikminister; 03-04-2012, 12:33 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Really the characters personalities and motivations can be made more interesting if a writer treats them as a person and not just a 'video game character'. We're at the point now where its dangerous to look at a character in a video game as a character, when so many games look at them like people, and have amazing result doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                        Claire was only interesting thanks to Sherry/Steve. Those characters made Claire interesting. Otherwise, she's as boring as any other character. Especially in that cgi movie.
                        Everyone was boring in Degeneration.
                        Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

No way, man.

"I-am-an-elected-official!"

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                            Really the characters personalities and motivations can be made more interesting if a writer treats them as a person and not just a 'video game character'. We're at the point now where its dangerous to look at a character in a video game as a character, when so many games look at them like people, and have amazing result doing so.
                            So many games? What games have that?

Most have generic characters on them. Or characters that are made to emulate/imitate real people (as in, let's take what makes this movie star so interesting and add that to this character).
                            sigpic

Comment

I don't think I've ever played a game where the character/s felt like a real person.

Even a series like Uncharted, which many consider to be some of the best written and acted games in the industry, loses any shred of real humanity it might have had during cutscenes once the gameplay starts. It is nigh impossible to reconcile the Nathan Drake we see in cutscenes with the Nathan Drake we actually control during gameplay segments. It's the nature of the medium, really. It doesn't work the same way as it does in, say, a movie or book.

That may even be why we see so many stereotypical or one-dimensional characters in video games. It may not be an ideal situation, but at the very least it keeps the characters consistent throughout every aspect of the title.

Comment

I always thought Nathan Drake was pretty damn human myself...course that might be if I compare him to the more one dimensional characters out there...Well, what about Roman Belic from GTA4 or Andrew Ryan from Bioshock?

EDIT: and LA Noire.Lots of those characters did feel pretty real.
                                Last edited by Wrathborne; 03-04-2012, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X