Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If the RE series goes completely out of control...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the RE series goes completely out of control...

And shit spirals down the road of insanity, do you think its the responsibility of fans to work together and make sure that the series dies?

I was remembering how god awful the Final Fantasy series has become over the last 17 years or so, and what used to be a fun RPG series that had interesting characters and mythology...turned into the end of the world emo series that had characters no one really gives a fuck about and more of an emphasis on graphics than anything.

After RE5 was released I think a lot of us saw the series heading down the same direction, and even with RE6 coming out this year and going back to some of the classic elements...I'm still really skeptical about the series future, and I know lots of folks on the forum are as well.

The series has taken a pretty big beating since Shinji Mikami left after RE4 and I'm really starting to feel that the series is about at the point of no return and that our voices as fans aren't heard anymore really. Even with RE revelations, I think its a little too late.

As long as the games keep selling, Capcom doesn't care(Usual for a business model really), so my question to you all is, once the series hits the point of no return, do you think its our responsibility as fans to kill it?

I dont mean just not buy the next game ourselves, I mean actively work together with other fans and make sure that the company loses money. While that may sound kind of petty and what not, when it comes down to it there are plenty of game corporations that do listen to their fanbases and try to work with them in order to keep them happy.

Loyal customers are just as important as new customers, and when companies and fans work together, almost everyone wins.I say almost, because there are some people who are never happy with anything.

I kind of think that it is our responsibility to do this, we may not have the money at stake on a game that the company does, but we're invested with the series too.

Those of us who have been there from game one, and those of us who are a little more new to the series and have gone back and played it in its entirety and want the same thing, we're invested our money and time to help the series continue and our voices should be heard. I don't think anyone really wants a new RE game to just out right fail(even ORC), but when things start to fall apart...it needs to die.

Scrap everything and start from the beginning, or even find a new point in the series history to start over, doesn't matter, something has to happen...because if it doesn't, then the sooner the series stops entirely, the better for everyone.

I'd rather replay the older games and know the series is dead, than play the older games and continue watching something I grew up playing become a larger louder glistening turd.

What are you gents and gentles thoughts on this?

That could only happen if Capcom turned RE on a objectively bad game, as in Dino Crisis 3 kind of bad, because let's be frank here, what the "real fans" consider bad it's not bad in the eyes of the rest of the people, so unless they make even the casuals players and Call of Duty crowd not buy RE games, I don't see the series dying.

Comment

If the series turn shooter by complete, I'll abandon it. Simple.

Comment

I really cant help but not see the series as trying to turn into gears of war now, I mean we saw more of this in the first RE6 trailer and in all honesty...I hated playing gears of war the whole 15 minutes I was playing it.

Its just not my type of a game really :/.

Comment

Originally posted by alinhoalisson View Post
          If the series turn shooter by complete, I'll abandon it. Simple.
          Im With you 100%
          If i leaved all the other games , and sticked with RE Because it was special than the other games , and then it turns out like them , why would i ever play it then ,ill just leave it and go away and forget it ...
          Darkness : Tactical reload wasn't even in deadly silence LMAO
          ^ Lol ...

Comment

Another series doomsayer topic....

Let's see what Resident Evil 6 has to offer first before we zip up the series in a body bag.

I'll admit ORC is looking to be the series biggest blip, possibly ever. But we'll see if Capcom learn from it.
            http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
            http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
            Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

Final Fantasy IX was the last 'great' Final Fantasy game.
              See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                Final Fantasy X was the last 'great' Final Fantasy game.
                Fix'd.

But yeah, I see what you mean Wrathborne. And to a degree I would have to say yes as well. Now, I'm not shouting to kill it off now, or even after RE6 is released. But say in the future it does just become a GoW clone, then I do think we should try to actively bury the series. Granted, it's unlikely, but it'll at least put a dent in sales, hopefully big enough for Capcom to understand that they need to try harder.

Comment

FFX was garbage.
                  See you in hell.

Comment

Final fantasy 6 was the last great game.

Comment

The series has taken a pretty big beating since Shinji Mikami left after RE4 and I'm really starting to feel that the series is about at the point of no return and that our voices as fans aren't heard anymore really. Even with RE revelations, I think its a little too late.
                      Bullshit, and I see it thrown around often. Mikami was not some sort of almighty figure holding the series together. His only real contributions were BH1, its remake and BH4. The first two are mainly amalgamated direct rip-offs of several other games including Sweet Home and Dr. Hauzer. Ironically the "downward spiral" of the series people always mention was supposedly caused by BH4. It certainly kicked the series into an action-focused zone it has never recovered from and seems intent on trumping with each game just how retarded and ridiculous it can get. Hiring an action director to direct the cutscenes for a horror game is what you get when you have Mikami at the helm. He was a producer for the series whose main responsibility was balancing the budget, the only one where he supposedly actively participated in developing was... Gaiden, as an "adviser".
                      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Enough of the Final Fantasy talk, stay on the actual topic please.
                        sigpic
                        Non-blurry Signature Version
                        Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                          Bullshit, and I see it thrown around often. Mikami was not some sort of almighty figure holding the series together. His only real contributions were BH1, its remake and BH4. The first two are mainly amalgamated direct rip-offs of several other games including Sweet Home and Dr. Hauzer. Ironically the "downward spiral" of the series people always mention was supposedly caused by BH4. It certainly kicked the series into an action-focused zone it has never recovered from and seems intent on trumping with each game just how retarded and ridiculous it can get. Hiring an action director to direct the cutscenes for a horror game is what you get when you have Mikami at the helm. He was a producer for the series whose main responsibility was balancing the budget, the only one where he supposedly actively participated in developing was... Gaiden, as an "adviser".
                          For some reason I can see you typing this in all caps Newbot.

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                            Yep i hate this as well, Mikami wasn't an almighty figure in the series that had everything planned from the start as many people believe he was.
                            Last edited by Vito; 03-04-2012, 05:44 PM.

Comment

I don't think people believed he had everything planned from the start.

Comment

Working...
                              X