Prime Blue was kind enough to skim over the article from Maniac magazine and translate the relevant points from it. A huge thanks goes to him!
Originally Posted by Prime Blue
- You'll meet single zombies only from time to time
- The trailer shown at Capcom Gamer's Day was one and a half minutes long
- Producer Kawata says "For Umbrella Chronicles, we concentrated on the shooting in the 'Resident Evil'-series and tried to intensify that" + "The game was built from scratch for the Wii"
- Aiming with Wii remote, shooting by pressing the B-button
- Scenarios: Resident Evil Zero, Resident Evil, Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3 Nemesis, Umbrella's stronghold
- Retelling of the previous games equals to 50% of the title, the other 50% is new material
- The article indicates that each of the scenarios will have the characters cooperating: Chris + Jill (RE) / Rebecca + Billy (RE0) / Jill + Carlos (RE3)
- The article doesn't say if we will be able to choose the playable character
- Apart from the second character saying things like "Let's look for any survivors", he or she won't do anything; the article goes on and speculates about the possibility of a second player taking over the role of that character
- The CGD demo was 20 minutes long
- Standard hangun will have infinite bullets
- Reloading by moving down the remote for a brief moment
- Number of bullets in the gun indicated by the Wii pointer on the screen
- Confirmed weapons: handgun, shotgun, MG, rocket launcher, grenades
- A lot of things will be destroyable, the trash can even hinder the player from progressing, you can also shoot out the light which is of course a bad idea
- Camera can be moved by using the nunchuk
- Pick up items and choose at branching parts by pressing the A-button
- Nintendo is publisher
- Uncomplicated controls
- Gameplay very simple and not very varied at the moment
- There are little boxes for each character telling their stories ~ the boxes of Leon, Claire and Ada contain a little note "Character has yet to be confirmed for UC
Q: Why did you choose the Wii as console?
A: Because of the possibilities the Wii provides with its fancy controls. The Wii is a wonderful console to develop games for and its perfect for "The Umbrella Chronicles".
Q: "The Umbrella Chronicles" contains only episodes from "Zero, 1, 2 and 3". Is there a reason why "CODE: Veronica" was left out?
A: We choose those four games because the Umbrella Corporation is present most prominently in these. We're going to tell the story of Umbrella and want to narrow the storyline down to the most important games.
Q: The gameplay of light-gun games in the RE-series is nothing special. Why do you try using the ego-perspective once more?
A: During development we tried many possibilities and eventually decided to use first-person-view. Because we want to concentrate less on the movement and more on the shooting, this camera-view seemed most reasonable.
Q: Will there ever be a an old-school RE?
A: We haven't decided yet. We think a lot about the future of the series and how to tell the story of RE further.