• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My loading screen told me the following:

STOP DOING THAT!!!

Me:

Comment

^ I got that one too. I was actually taking a drink of my pop when it came up so it legitimately jolted me for a second.

Edit: Played a lot tonight. Still not going to give away spoilers, but... damn, I'm so glad that some nobody Czech development studio learned so much from studying the older games. They really seem like they paid attention to what makes a game atmospheric and tense. Definitely a game that has been putting me on edge, I'm really pleasantly surprised.

Edit edit: Oh yeah, might as well absolutely praise the puzzle design. The highlight of the puzzles was definitely when... well I know it's a spoiler thread, but even so, definitely when Spoiler:

Blew my friggin' mind. Seriously, props to Vatra.
      Last edited by Canas Renvall; 03-15-2012, 02:24 AM.

Comment

This is definitely not a 4.5 game.

Comment

You can't spell ignorant without IGN!

Seriously though, who listens to them anymore anyways? XD Every other reviewer is going for 7 or 7.5/10. Me personally? 9/10. The combat just needs a little more tweaking, but other than that I really can't find major flaws in the game.
          Last edited by Canas Renvall; 03-15-2012, 08:23 AM.

Comment

The survival horror fan in me wants to give this a 8-9/10 as well. I was shaken up by the idea that Homecoming was rated higher than Downpour, but clearly whoever wrote that Downpour review either forgot or has never played a traditional survival horror title before, let alone from Silent Hill 2 and 3 which the reviewer ironically praises as the 'glory days'.

Comment

Just got home from work. Picked up Downpour on the way while I paid off the rest of ORC. Putting it in now, shit is about to get real.
              "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
              Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

^ This poor soul, he doesn't have a clue... *cackles loudly to himself*

Comment

Good luck getting lost for forty minutes at a time.

Comment

I'm in the caves, killed one of the cave monsters and ran from the rest. Tough bastards.

Dying, no med kits left.

Stopping for tonight.
                    "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                    Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Well, I just beat the game and I'm not sure which of the six endings I got, but it was a positive one at least.

This game is by and large, one of the best in the series. I'm absolutely stunned at how well Vatra Games did. While I don't like comparing SH games to the "golden trio", I will honestly say that this game holds up incredibly well against them, and is the best since then. To think that some company that had only one game on their record, a download-only arcade-style action shooter, is able to come up with this, blows my mind.

If they work on more SH games, and can consistently keep them as good as they made this, I have no issue labeling them as the second coming of Team Silent.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley View Post
                        Good luck getting lost for forty minutes at a time.
                        THIS. XD I picked it up before work today and got started after work. Maybe it's because I'm running a fever, maybe it's the Nyquil making me sleepy, but I keep getting lost. xD

Comment

How many side quests did you do canas?

EDIT:
                          Last edited by Smiley; 03-16-2012, 06:31 AM.

Comment

I honestly only found about two, and I still ended up at about 12 hours. I made a no-spoiler review on Facebook, I'll copy/paste it when I get home.

Comment

That's why. I've finished four so far, and from what I've seen in the achievements that's nowhere close to being at the half way mark.

Comment

Yeah, and they're sprinkled everywhere.

Anyway, my no-spoiler review for Downpour that... just so happens to be going into spoiler tags because it's a wall o' text.

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X