Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HD Collection's 1.01 patch didn't do anything and Pyarmid Head's cutscene is edited?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not to my knowledge, and from what I understand the 3DS version has the most changes done to it.

Comment

Smiley - I think the missing lice bug might be fixed in the UK PS3 version which is why I'm struggling to recall that they were gone. Next time I pop the game in I'll check.

I couldn't play MGS3 without the pressure sensitive buttons, and some of the VR Missions in MGS2 would almost be unplayable in my mind (like when you have to do hold up with a M4 or AK47 and need to be light on the pressure).

Comment

Originally posted by Rombie View Post
        Smiley - I think the missing lice bug might be fixed in the UK PS3 version which is why I'm struggling to recall that they were gone. Next time I pop the game in I'll check.

I couldn't play MGS3 without the pressure sensitive buttons, and some of the VR Missions in MGS2 would almost be unplayable in my mind (like when you have to do hold up with a M4 or AK47 and need to be light on the pressure).
        I can confirm that the lice are still absent in the PAL UK version of MGS2 HD for the PS3.
        See you in hell.

Comment

Silent Hill is not Silent Hill if they edit the disturbing and absurd scenes. I mean they are part of the fear and mind fuckingness of the game. I don't feel the emotion, the atmosphere of the scene as well with the new voice actors. :/

Comment

Aside from changing two lines to "correct things" in SH3 no edits were made. The changes are glitches in the PS3 version.

Cheers Mr Spencer, between this and the George/gorge thing I swear I am getting more forgetful in my old age.

Comment

I was going to message and tell you it directly via PSN, Rombie. But I couldn't be arsed to type using the controller and I thought it would be amusing to distract you from your game of Twisted Metal and make you load up the forums to check the post yourself.
              Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 04-03-2012, 02:34 AM.
              See you in hell.

Comment

Jokes on you then... I waited until I finished my game of Twisted Metal before I checked.... ha.. ha.. ha.... haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. :p

Still undecided if I should pick this up or not. I'm thinking of buying it from EB over here because we still have the 7 day return policy, then if I really am annoyed with it I can return it for full credit. I try not to go there because they cost too much but this might be the perfect reason to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Rombie View Post
                  Jokes on you then... I waited until I finished my game of Twisted Metal before I checked.... ha.. ha.. ha.... haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. :p
                  See you in hell.

Comment

Wow just had the chance of reading over the differences/bugs in the MGS HD Collection. I knew about the mispelling of "Gorge Sears" after you guys mentioned it to me, but wow, didn't realize any of those other things.

In case you guys are curious, GameTrailers review of SH: HD is up:
                    IGN’s home for the latest game trailers, including new gameplay, cinematics, announcements, and reveals. Subscribe to stay up to date and get notified when new trailers arrive, that includes during events like Nintendo Directs, Sony State of Plays, E3, The Game Awards, Gamescom, and more. Check out our playlists for trailers coming to your preferred gaming platforms like PC, Nintendo Switch, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X. For more content, visit IGN.com or check out our other channels: IGN - https://www.youtube.com/IGN IGN Games - https://www.youtube.com/IGNGames IGN Guides - https://www.youtube.com/c/IGNGuides IGN VR - https://www.youtube.com/IGNVR IGN Movie Trailers - https://www.youtube.com/IGNMovieTrailers This is only a small taste of the videos and content available from IGN. Get more, visit http://www.ign.com

Comment

So just to recap:

Comment

So I called around the stores today to see who had the HD collection (and Downpour) and was told by all stores the stock, as expected, was low. Most stores got 3 copies only, one store was lucky to have 5 (this is both games, the distributer sucks ass).

As I may have mentioned on here if I buy at EB they give me 7 days to return. Their price was the same as everywhere on the standard price, so $89NZD. But then I rang the Australian company JB-Hi-Fi who have one store here. They just so happened to be having an Easter sale of 20% off all stickered stock, which includes new releases. So considering I was buying the HD collection and Downpour (RRP $119.95), I said fuck it and purchased it there. I'm fine saving the 20% on the total.

Between the two games I saved around $40 and I can always take the game back in next week and they'll buy it back for only around $5 less than I paid for it with the 20% off because copies are so damn rare.

So I'm off to see the pain of this HD collection by my own eyes. Wish me luck. :p

Comment

ಠ_ಠ

Comment

Hey guys, Digital Foundry has stepped in to give their take on the HD Collection. Much like everything else they've done, it's very in-depth:
                            In an era where backwards compatibility has either been completely abandoned or stripped away via revised hardware, HD …

Comment

Dear god the out of breath sound effect is grotesque

Comment

Downpour is actually good but it's not even in the same realm as sh2 or 3.... and not many survival horror games ever will be.... but with that being said downpour is actually a really good survival horror/action game.

Comment

Working...
                                X