Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HD Collection's 1.01 patch didn't do anything and Pyarmid Head's cutscene is edited?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HD Collection's 1.01 patch didn't do anything and Pyarmid Head's cutscene is edited?!

I'm not trying to bash Konami, Devin S. or Tomm Hulett,, but what the heck is going on with the HD Collection? I mean, the patch didn't do anything - didn't fix the stutters, slowdowns, the out of synch VO's, didn't change things graphically nor improve its special effects like dumbed down fog. Even an install of 4GB needed to install it to your HDD (which I'm playing on PS3) - let alone PS2 games??? Usually that doesn't bother me much, but really?!?

Not only that, but Pyramid Head's iconic cutscene has been edited and was okay to see after all these years until now? See the differences right here in the links below:

Original:

HD Collection (recorded off-screen by YouTube User Dibidoolandas)

I mean, having that scene edited would've caused an uproar anywho, but the fact that a rather unknown developer like Hijinx Studios "remastered" these 2 games and became worse than they should've been really throws me off. Like many have said, Bluepoint really should've done the job, but what happened? Why weren't they involved with this one?

I love Silent Hill with a passion and continue to support the classics that are in these collections, but this is really a shame

I hope this gets addressed soon. I'm not sure if it'll be just me seeing this happen, but maybe there should be a recall of some sorts or bring in Bluepoint to help out right now and collaborate with Hijinx or step in from where they left off to get things working and get a patch going from this point.
    Last edited by MeanBob; 03-24-2012, 12:58 PM.

The HD collection is a mess right now. Downpour had some bad technical issues which is a shame since the game is really good. Here, you have two classic silent hill games ruined by poor technical and logistic issues with bugs, frame rate, out of sync audio and subtitles..... All this and I haven't even gotten to the new voice acting which has been hit and miss.

The patch made my SH2 HD run smoother, but it still has some bad frame rate issues. I'm not sure what's going on there, but Konami is making me worry. If they don't get their games in check after countless delays then I just might avoid buying their games at launch.

Comment

I never intended to get the HD versions because, frankly, I don't care unless I don't won the originals and I really, really own Silent Hill 2 and 3, but I am really astounded that Konami could screw it up this badly. I never believed the HD versions would be great, or even good with the new voice acting, but this sounds pretty awful.

...do they at least look prettier?

Comment

SH3 lost self-shadowing, depth and fog effects. So whilst they do look better in a higher resolution and smoother, effects are missing.

Comment

Originally posted by MeanBob View Post
          Like many have said, Bluepoint really should've done the job, but what happened? Why weren't they involved with this one?
          I'm gonna take a stab in the dark - perhaps they had their hands full with ONE project?

Comment

Yeah Bluepoint were busy with ICO + MGS AFAIK,. Also, there's been reports of the Pyramid Head scene being censored AFTER the PS3 patch, its completely intact before the patch and on the Xbox 360 version.

Comment

This is sad , lets hope for another patch ? Im getting them anyway :/
              Now if only the elevator scene in SH3 gets uncensored ... which will never happens , lo seriously a patch to censor a scene :/
              Last edited by Mrox2; 03-22-2012, 07:23 AM.
              Darkness : Tactical reload wasn't even in deadly silence LMAO
              ^ Lol ...

Comment

I'm kinda worried tbh. They said this patch would fix the issues but it obviously didn't. They also said that the EU PS3 version won't have these problems but I'm not sure I can actually trust them now...
                Guess I'll just buy Downpour and Book of memories at release and wait for some news regarding the EU version of the game.

Comment

Just managed to see an update in the thread I originally saw over at GameFaqs that's still on-going regarding the Pyramid Head cutscene:

Apparently, it's still intact in the Xbox 360 version. I guess it's the PS3 version that got has the setback now due to its technical issues like its slowdowns that caused it to happen . Even then, the 360 version still has its issues, which sucks. Such a shame, really!
                  Last edited by MeanBob; 03-22-2012, 12:16 PM.

Comment

I did mention that before. It was changed after the update.

Comment

Cancelled, I got too many games to play anyway. I pick it up when cheap, I've seen all these HD collections drop to a tenner at some point.
                      Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

This is all reeeeeally disappointing.

*goes and plays SH2+3 on PC in HD with no missing effects, original voice acting, and zero framerate issues* Problem?
                        Last edited by Canas Renvall; 03-22-2012, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Nope. My PS3 is backwards compatible. I'll check out the new voice acting, and if patches aren't made to improve the game then I'll sell it and keep my original PS2 copies. Between this, Downpour, ORC and Revelaitons I have to say Downpour is the best one by far.

Comment

^ I would have to agree. I don't even like comparing the newer SH games to the Golden Trilogy, but Downpour really holds its own against 2 and 3.

Comment

It's interesting to point out that the Splinter Cell HD Collection was not ported by Bluepoint and yet it doesn't have all these issues that the SH HD Collection is having. Surprising actually, since a lot of reviewers looked negatively upon the Splinter Cell HD Collection, saying it suffered from framerate problems and such. Yet I've never encountered anything like that during my playthroughs of the games.
                              See you in hell.

Comment

Working...
                              X