EGM Reviews Resident Evil 4 Wii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EGM Reviews Resident Evil 4 Wii

Thanks to someone who got an advanced copy of the latest issue of EGM, it has been revealed (unsurprisingly) that the team got ahold of the review build and finally churned out their review. The scores given were 8, 9 and 9, giving the title a near perfect score. Some quotes from the review:

Milky said "it's more complicated than it sounds, which saps some of the fun out of it." Mark had no problems with it, but Michael thought the new controls made the game too easy. Both Mark and Milky thought the game hasn't aged well graphically.

Michael said: "I actually found the Wii's point-and-shoot controls made gunning down Ganados a helluva lot easier... maybe too easy -- I breezed through tough parts that originally pissed me off in the previous versions."

Milky's control complaints didn't have to do with the pointing and shooting, it was with the camera and player movement.

Good: The best Resident Evil on Wii? Sounds good!
    Bad: Fussy controls = No joy.
    The Shakes: Intense waggling replaces button mashing.
    Its pretty disappointing to hear that the controls aren't tuned very well, but I suppose we can all make that decision ourselves in a few days when the game is released on June 19th.

Thanks goes to _leech_ at the Neogaf forums.
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 05-30-2007, 05:16 AM.

I think I'll get this game the same time I get my Wii console (US) and new TV.

Hasn't aged well graphically, eh? Times must move fast in the graphics world these days. I suppose games like Crysis and MGS4 do look a million times better though.

Comment

a ps2 port with waggle controls, now thats just shocking ! ahem ..

Comment

Were hoping its not the PS2 version, and if it is then hopefully they at least used the GCN assets. Seems like they may have upgraded the models though, Salvador has proper eye holes cut into his mask that are actual polygons in the one shot.

Comment

>.> Let me guess, this title will release at about £40 or so, and all it is (unsurprisingly) is a tuned version with extra controls, of THE SAME GAME most RE lovers already own on PS2 or GC. Bah.

Comment

Originally posted by Scream View Post
            I think I'll get this game the same time I get my Wii console (US)
            Same here, I cant seem to find a Wii and even if I did at the moment I couldnt afford one

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
              I cant seem to find a Wii and even if I did at the moment I couldnt afford one
              Quoted for truth.

Comment

I'll likely pick it up when UC comes out. Getting a Wii right now for a mere port with different controls is pointless.. I've played the game enough times already, and this isn't a remake by any means.

I have other matters to spend money on now too.

I highly doubt it's a PS2 port (doesn't make any sense). Pop in RE4 GC now, and you'd agree that the graphics look dated.
                Last edited by Umon Daisuke; 05-30-2007, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Apparently a strafe has been included, though I've yet to actually confirm this >_>

Comment

Am I the only one here with a Wii?

Comment

Originally posted by Borman View Post
                      Am I the only one here with a Wii?
                      Nah, I joined the fun club in December last year.

A fun night of standing outside an electronics store in the middle of nowhere for almost 10 hours to get one of the 11 consoles they received on Euro launch.

I'm picking this game [RE4 Wii™] up as soon as I see it standing on a store shelf or evt. get the chance to get it for free through work.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                        Nah, I joined the fun club in December last year.

A fun night of standing outside an electronics store in the middle of nowhere for almost 10 hours to get one of the 11 consoles they received on Euro launch.

I'm picking this game [RE4 Wii™] up as soon as I see it standing on a store shelf or evt. get the chance to get it for free through work.
                        Meaning you work for Capcom or something?

Comment

Bleh, i'll pick it up when it's cheap enough. I really don't want to spend anymore than £10 on a game i've already bought twice
                          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Working...
                          X