Umbrella Chronicles trailer revealed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Umbrella Chronicles trailer revealed

The promised trailer that was to be included with Resident Evil 4 for the Wii has been uploaded by IGN. The trailer runs for 2:46 and features new cutscenes and gameplay. The first half of the trailer contains scenes that we previously had seen with some gameplay shots spliced in. The second half features mostly new footage, but none of it really satisfies the hardcore fan who is looking for story details. The trailer ends with "Witness the end of Umbrella".

Umbrella Chronicles Trailer
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 05-31-2007, 05:58 AM.

I know i'm the millionth person to ask this, but where the hell is Leon and Claire?

I put a down payment on a Wii exclusively for this game, and if UC doesn't include Bio2, i'm gonna be a highly irate SOB.
    I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Perhaps Leon and Claire will star in their own Wii-clusive remake? Would explain why they weren't brought back into RE:UC... Hell, half of RE2 takes place in an UMBRELLA LAB. How is that not tied into Umbrella. What does RE3 have? Nemesis? Some crappy dead factory? I wan't Birkin! He was promised (sort of) to appear in Outbreak, but the man never showed up. Capcom owes us a revamped birkin. Why else make that trailer (RE:Online/Network trailer with the G-Monster version of Birkin swinging his arm about) with him in it if he was not going to be in the games at some point in time?

Comment

Well, Birkin was in RE:O... in the opening >_> And he appeared off-screen in Below The Freezing Point (after all he was the one that injected G-Type into Monica).

And I really do not understand Capcom. It seems that UC should be renamed as STARS Chronicles, because it shows only stories in which STARS members were included. Two stories with major of Umbrella's history, RE2 and RECV, aren't in the game, that should tell us about Umbrella's downfall. And what's more important: Birkin and his precious G-Virus (that Umbrella France stealed, which caused Birkin's death and contributed to the Raccoon outbreak) and Ashford's history (afterall, Ashford was one of founders of Umbrella, and in CV the last of Ashfords die...), or, as mentioned by Project Omega, RE3 with its Nemesis and crappy Dead Factory? :/
        Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 05-31-2007, 12:05 PM.

Comment

maybe a shot at seeing spencer... if he looks like dr claw im gonna kill capcom with a fucking bottle of anal lube.

Comment

Now that you've mentioned it... I wonder if Capcom is willing to show us at least photo (or portrait, whatever) of Spencer.

Comment

I am guessing they haven't render the RE2 character models yet. The character models we've see in UC are reused from the GC asset (RE3 Jill portion from REmake Jill's alternate costume, etc), and there's no remake version of Leon/Claire.

Comment

I think they're just trying to keep it a bit "hush hush" on the details.

You don't want all the content spoiled for you before the game is out, do you?

Comment

I'd rather have everything spoiled, the only aspect of the game I want is purely the story now ;_;
                  PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

That was probably a giant moth that attacked Monica, not Birkin. Did you hear the flapping sounds? And who's to say Edward is really dead? All we're told is that he died in '68 after an accident.

Think about this concept for a moment. Edward fakes his death or gets infected with Progenitor (the original, not Marcus' leech) moves his research to a remote island. Someone shows up and Edward is living with Veronica as a wife (who has no memory of who she is and seems like an Ashford thing to do) with twin sons like Dante and Virgil and has been kidnapping Umbrella scientists to work on an experiment in the lab under his castle. Stranger things have happened.

Leon RE2 is already rendered as an alternate costume in RE4 and I wonder if Capcom will have to redo the OB textures to include the locations to fit in with the look and feel of zero and the remake. I still firmly believe that Spencer was actually Dante's father in the RE4 ver. of dmc (that or ashford since CV used a lot of the ideas) and that's him in the artwork (with the sideburns) www.survivhor.com.

I wonder if Capcom will use Hunk and an edited version of Birkin from zero in a mini-game?

I guess it's hopeful some new Umbrella people will appear since it's only shown Wesker and says, "Meet the people behind Umbrella". I imagine this whole Wesker thing is a recap from his point of view before each scenario starts. (ie_ Wesker talking to someone, Wesker: It all began with STARS Bravo team when their helicopter made a forced landing near the mansion (to custscene then game start). You get the idea.

It also looks like Wesker is an unmarked building so I'd be kind of neat to have the game end when you play as him in the last scenario, maybe walks out of the Umbrella stronghold that the STARS members destroy in the final recap, putting on his sunglasses then having the camera pull away. Or he's talking to someone from "S" or Ada even.

Funny to note that Capcom has never let us play as a villan in during the main game and since Hunk's minigame fits in with the storyline there's a good chance he'll become one of the good guys.

One more thing to get off my chest, does anyone else feel like Ada's working with Wesker because she's an agent with the US government? That's why Luis is so eager to cooperate with her when she tells him who she is and needs a sample for "evidence".
                    Last edited by Colvin; 06-03-2007, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Nice, looking foward to this game.

Comment

Originally posted by Prime Blue
                        Why does everyone say RE2 won't be included?
                        Because the official site as well as interviews given and previews given to magazines have only shown or noted aspects of Zero, Resident Evil, Nemesis (albeit using Outbreaks street enviroments), and then said something about an "umbrella stronghold" as is conclusion.

I concur that there are more valid story beats in RE2 and CV, as well as the fact that Wesker is a big part of this storyline - and (if you include all of Wesker's links to the virus research and Birkin) more important to those two titles as well.

In short - Capcom is f**ing up again. Why are any of us surprised at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Rombie View Post
                          Why are any of us surprised at all.
                          We still have hope

Comment

Working...
                          X