Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Beanovsky Durst View Post
    Oh Albert, you naughty, naughty boy.

EDIT: Can it be? On the RE timeline when does LiN happen? I mean, Jakey boy looks quite old, if he is Mr. Wesker Valentine (LOL), he should be around 10 years old by the time of the events of RE6 (that is if he's is a NATURAL child).
    I first suggested Jill... but she's way too young to be Jake's mother...however, Albert spent a lot of years watching over Lisa Trevor. She's old enough. Plus her DNA is superhuman.

Plus in The Umbrella Chronicles they had that fight... it was merely spousal abuse.

BTW, this idea... Wesker + Lisa Trevor, isn't new at all.

Last edited by Pikminister; 04-10-2012, 04:10 PM.
    Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Spera01 View Post
      I need gameplay.... Where the fuck is there gameplay?
      True this.

The story can be the coolest thing ever, with the return of some great characters, but I'm bored without good gameplay. And this looks like it will be more of a linear interactive movie (with scripted events that play out the same every time) than a true game.

Anyway, what I liked:

- Leon's scenario (the way it is described) sounds amazing and full of creepy atmosphere. One article mentioned a playthrough video of part of this scenario; has it been made available to the public yet?

- Return of Sherry. It seems a bit ridiculous that she's now wielding weapons and stuff, but I can live with it.

- Ada (or who we can only assume to be Ada, no confirmation yet) being a villain. I'm glad this is happening, since I've disliked her manipulative ass since RE2 and can only hope she'll get a bullet in her head from Chris (or better yet, Leon). I'm suspicious about this actually being Ada, though; the dialogue about "she's a witness, we need her alive" between Leon and Chris makes me question this. Leon makes the line sound so impersonal. Gotta love "Ada's" revealing clothes in the cold snow of eastern Europe, though; even more ridiculous than her cocktail dress in the middle of rural Spain. Also loved her "Wesker was an imbecile" line.

- Handedness of the characters. Based on the screenshots and video, it seems that both Helena and Piers have the option to be either right- or left-handed. Sheva being on the right side of the screen may have bothered few, but it made her nearly unplayable for me.

- Game length? Although I haven't seen it from Capcom yet, I've heard rumors that each scenario will be "just a bit shorter" than RE5. Couple that with side modes and it sounds like a long-ass game. Me like.

What I didn't like:

- No herbs? Sorry Capcom, but that's bullshit. They're one of the most iconic items in the series. Let me guess, no first aid sprays, either? Health tablets?! Give me a fucking break. Does the modern casual ADHD gamer crowd really complain about herb mixing "slowing down the gameplay" that much?!

- Wesker's son. He acts like a bro douche bag, and ever since Capcom has said he was "created for a younger audience" I haven't liked him. He's a typical generic shaved-head tuf-ass character to appeal to the teenage crowd who thinks that pro wrestling and the like are cool. You see this type of character in almost every game like this; is that really the best Capcom could come up with?

- The C-virus. Really? I'm all for the creation of new viruses that create even more screwed-up enemies, but the creativity well when it comes to naming is clearly running dry. Say what you guys will about Las Plagas, but at least Mikami did something original instead of playing the letter-virus game.

- Co-op. Some sources have said that "in single-player, you won't even know your partner is there," but you can understand my suspicions after the massive fuck-up that was RE5. I don't mind co-op in side modes, but RE has always traditionally been a single-player game, and it can't be denied that with co-op (or forced AI partners) comes less horror. Tension (e.g. throwing a boatload of enemies at you at once) does not equal horror, but atmosphere does, which is ruined by another person being there. I think RE4 had better atmosphere than Revelations for precisely that reason. Single-player-only main campaigns can be successful in today's world - look at the Mass Effect series.

- Emphasis on action. I knew this was inevitable with recent Capcom statements (or hell, even the first trailer), so I've significantly lowered my hopes in this department. Even Leon's scenario looks to have tons of action, and Chris's scenario looks like nothing more than a clone of every TPS out there. I'm actually surprised by the amount of comments around the web (not from RE sites) about how many people want the series to return to its roots and cut back on the Michael Bay-ness of recent titles.
      Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

• Wesker's son. He acts like a bro douche bag, and ever since Capcom has said he was "created for a younger audience" I haven't liked him. He's a typical generic shaved-head tuf-ass character to appeal to the teenage crowd who thinks that pro wrestling and the like are cool. You see this type of character in almost every game like this; is that really the best Capcom could come up with?
        Spoiler:

Comment

• the apple doesn't fall far from the tree

Comment

Wow. What. The. OMG. Do want.

Goddamit Capcom. I knew you couldn't kill (Albert) Wesker completely. I knew he was coming back in some form. But giving him a SON? Yep. I'm interested. And he's working with Sherry Birkin... I'm exploding with awesomeness.

Spoiler:

You got to give credit to Capcom's designers on this one. Jake does look like Albert. I wonder if he Is a "natural" born child, then who's the magnificent woman that was worthy of Wesker's manly juice? XD

Plus Leon VS Chris over Ada. This game is already better than RE5 just for that alone.
            i cant ever see capcom killing wesker 100% They are probabely hopeing all the wesker fans will like his son now

Comment

• But I know what Jake's real problem is....
              Spoiler:

Comment

• Originally posted by Headhunter99 View Post
                i cant ever see capcom killing wesker 100% They are probabely hopeing all the wesker fans will like his son now
                I'm a Wesker fan. I'll like him if he's badass enough to live up to his father's name. Even if he's a good guy.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

• Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
                  Forget the .gif
                  Use a frame freezer to analyze the trailer (Samsung HTDVs, or even a Playstation3, etc), and you'll clearly see Chris knee him in the stomach, and Leon's back rising from the thrust.

As for the punch, I never said anything about the punch, what are you saying?
                  You said Chris landed a couple of blows, so I thought you were including the punch he throws at one point. As for the knee, I hear Leon or Chris grunting at one point and see Leon pulling back his stomach, but I'm not sure it was him being kneed in the gut; I think it was a punch.

EDIT: It was a knee. Kind of hard to see.
                  Last edited by DarkMemories; 04-10-2012, 05:26 PM.
                  A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

I'm a Wesker fan. I'll like him if he's badass enough to live up to his father's name. Even if he's a good guy.
                    good point capcom definitely know who their most popular characters that's probably why we saw wesker in MVC3 and i think we see him again in some form

Comment

• Sherry is loaded with immunities of her own and has survived in US government custody for the best part of a decade without the G-Virus overwhelming her body. Together, Birkin and Muller are an unstoppable pair of near-invincible, self-regenerating superhumans, and their campaign is a melee fighter
                      ...and people complained about P-30 Jill...
                      Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Well Sherry does probably have traces of the G virus in her, still beats me what they're up too with the series now.

Comment

• Lol people sticking up for Ada she is seen clearly throwing that spike mine thingy into a room full of B.S.A.A. members who snap crackle and pop into whatever the hell B.O.W. that is. Its ok though because Leon loves her.....yeah tell that to their familys. I'm sure if someone did that to your dad, son, brother you'd be totally cool with it because she is lovey dovey with Leon. Bullshit the bitch is evil and BITCH HAS TO GO!! Let me blow her to bits Capcom pleeeassssee.

Funny how everyone talked about Sherry since RE2 and Ada steals her spotlight.

As far as Wesker Jr. (lol it just sounds ridicolus saying it) goes the baby HAS to be concieved pre RE1 that is the best way to do it. Test tube/Superhuman Wesker having sexy times is just to damn funny. With his powers who could handle it? Do you think he was teleporting in and out? :-O
                          A possibilty that I think nobody has mentioned yet however I hope I am dead wrong is Excella. The two seemed kinda close during RE5, she was a little touchy feely with him. If he is advanced fast growing blah blah baby then could be Excella. Far more likley than Jill. However Wesker getting Jill pregnant before his death would be like a big FUCK YOU from beyond the grave to them both. Muhahahahahaha!

Comment

• Sticking up for Ada? You're missing the point, bud.

Listen, it's not that hard to figure out Leon's motives here.

If someone saved your ass several times... even if that someone was a villain, asshole or whatever, if that person was in danger and if you had a decent bone in your body, you would save that person if you could do it. Right? Exactly. It's called not being an ungrateful SOB.

Another motive, is that Leon thought she was a witness to something.

Yet some get all worked up over it, because they never been in that situation and can't even imagine it.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                              Sticking up for Ada? You're missing the point, bud.

Listen, it's not that hard to figure out Leon's motives here.

If someone saved your ass several times... even if that someone was a villain, asshole or whatever, if that person was in danger and if you had a decent bone in your body, you would save that person if you could do it. Right? Exactly. It's called not being an ungrateful SOB.

Another motive, is that Leon thought she was a witness to something.

Yet some get all worked up over it, because they never been in that situation and can't even imagine it.
                              Im not doubting Leon's loyaltys, Im doubting everyone elses. Good for Leon but Chris will kick his ass. Falcon Punch!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CrimsonElder View Post
                                Im not doubting Leon's loyaltys, Im doubting everyone elses. Good for Leon but Chris will kick his ass. Falcon Punch!!!!
                                No doubt... Chris is on full Hulk Smash mode in that scene.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X