X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 6 Captivate Trailer

Credit to Dark_Chris

Warning: major spoilers in the video
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Update: the embargo has been lifted, and the official web site is now hosting the new trailer. The bald guy "Jake Muller", Piers Nivan and Sherry Birkin will be joining the RE6 roster, alongside Chris, Leon and Helena. The game will be split into 3 scenarios: Leon in USA, Chris in China and Jake in Easten Europe (Edonia). You can also find screenshots on the site. Additionally, Mercenaries mode will return and you will be access it right from the start.

The PS3/360 release date is scheduled for Oct 4 in Japan Oct 2. The PC release date will be announced at a later date.

ゲームというエンターテインメントを通じて「遊文化」をクリエイトする株式会社カプコンのウェブサイト。ゲーム情報サイトをはじめ企業情報サイト、ネットショッピング、ファンサイトなど、さまざまなサービスについても紹介しています。

Preview articles (thanks to dark_chris and aris13)
    Can Resident Evil 6 be a series best? It remains to be seen, but for now it looks as if the world of survival horror ha…

Multiplayer Feature article

screenshots
    Last edited by xfactor; 04-10-2012, 10:44 AM.

Just a note - this has some pretty big chunks of story, so be aware when you watch it.

Interesting. Disappointed at Baldy's backstory. 'We'll make a big deal of Alex Wesker, then forget he ever lived' seems to be the plan, although the replacement is...not great either.

Nice to see Sherry and Ada back, and Ada being a huge queen bitch. I am wondering if Chris is being played rather than Leon, though.

Comment

I guess I should add a spoiler warning there.

Comment

Darkmoon: I think Alex Wesker is still in this game. When Ada said Wesker Jr. this man show up Click image for larger version

Name:	lXvdT.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	401025
        Spoiler:

Comment

I wonder who those guys are?

Comment

Good catch. Looks a touch old, but Albert was unnaturaly youthful looking. He totally dyed.

Originally posted by xfactor View Post
            I guess I should add a spoiler warning there.
            Not a bad idea. I've already suggested we might need to implement the use of Spoiler tags/titles early, if Capcom is gonna push out this kinda info.

Comment

Capcom sure is happy to reveal a lot of stuff in their videos, and not give without warning. At least the plot and story for this is far more interesting for me than the previous two main entries.

Comment

I definitely think I need to go on a trailer avoidance now until October. RE5's own marketing campaign was its own problem - little to nothing in the final game surprised me. Anyways more on topic, liking the confirmation of Sherry as i have always been interested in her since 2. Same with Ada - a personal favourite so glad to see her in what I presume to be a more central role. Stick Claire in here too somewhere and we have a true sequel to RE2?

Excellent surprise too about the almost 6 weeks earlier release date! Roll on October.

Comment

I hope Capcom aren't going to give away almost the entire plot again like they did with RE5 and leave a few surprises. RE5's plot was kinda ruined by the fact that they gave away all the characters and major plot details before the game's release. Interesting to see that the release date has been moved forward though.

There's still not much info in regards to gameplay so it'll be interesting how it turns out in that respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleggy View Post
                    I hope Capcom aren't going to give away almost the entire plot again like they did with RE5 and leave a few surprises. RE5's plot was kinda ruined by the fact that they gave away all the characters and major plot details before the game's release. Interesting to see that the release date has been moved forward though.

There's still not much info in regards to gameplay so it'll be interesting how it turns out in that respect.
                    Once the embargo is lifted officially, Capcom might issue a press release, and the official site might get an update. Hopefully we'll learn some gameplay information.

Comment

Rumors has it RE6 was playable on Cativate so we might get some gameplay videos later today. ;)
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Haha, what's with CAPCOM and their spoiler-laden trailers? Yikes, guys.. Can't you save a little surprise or two for when the game actually comes out?

Spoiler:

CAPCOM said they have some big Nintendo news planned today. Hope it's the announcement of another Revelations game.
                        Last edited by PracticalAl; 04-10-2012, 07:40 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

C Virus? That was the one used in the novel To the Liberty which was a Japanese fan-made book that won a competition.
                          That woman had a look of Ada but I don't think its her. Certainly not Jessica anyway.
                          As for Wesker Jr., well... not sure how I feel about that one at the moment. It cannot be Alex anymore because he would have no blood relation to Albert. But then Junior must be about 25 years old at least so he was obviously born before Albert injected himself with the experimental virus, so why would his blood be special???

Great to see Leon and Chris face off at the end though.
                          "I've got 100 cows."
                          "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Yes, the absolute validity of this trailer just has me skeptical. I mean, it just seems like WAY too many spoilers thrown about this early. I am by no means shocked that the guy with the shaved head is related to Wesker in some way; I knew we were going to connect back to him somehow, but I had hoped for something a little more creative. I do wonder if he is the son of Alex Wesker versus Albert Wesker. Albert Wesker seems more like someone who would just clone himself rather than make a child. Though I can see the story now...And having Jill as the mother. Wesker did have her in captivity for a while, who's to say he didn't go a little genetic modification with himself and Jill as the basis. I definitely think we need to push away from the Albert story arc, and just use the other Wesker children. Yes, I realize all the other ones are deceased (aside from Alex), but they could still have had a child prior to death.

Interesting to see Sherry back as well. Though I'm still holding out for psycho, evil, G-Virus Sherry. I'd rather see her go back to her Birkin roots.

Oh, and I am getting a bit tired of each game getting a new virus. C-Virus, really? I'd rather just see the return of one of the lesser known viruses like the T-Cameron, T-Veronica, et cetera. Do we have an answer as to what the "C" stands for?
                            Last edited by Xander Ashford; 04-10-2012, 07:57 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Perhaps the twist is he is in fact Alex's child and not Albert's? It's highly possible that Ada's organization would have no knowledge of the Wesker Children program. Hell, no one in Umbrella did and both Spencer and Albert took that secret to their graves so having him actually be Alex's son would be a neat twist and a good way to formally introduce Alex to the series.
                              "I've got 100 cows."
                              "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Working...
                              X