Resident Evil 6 Captivate Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Beanovsky Durst View Post
    I hate the clone idea simply because it can be used as cop-out to make new stories without effort.

"Spencer is that you? YES, YOU KILLED MY CLONE HURR DURR." "Wesker, you ARE ALIVE! Indeed, my clone took a lava bath" and so on...

I hope it's not the case... A clone related story has to be very well written to avoid this.
    i dont thin this will happen you dont have eneything to wurry about thow i dont think wesker is gone forever capcom know how to make money after all and if ada is a clone it might be nice new direction for the series

Comment

• Originally posted by Headhunter99 View Post
      i dont thin this will happen you dont have eneything to wurry about thow i dont think wesker is gone forever capcom know how to make money after all and if ada is a clone it might be nice new direction for the series
      You never know with developers these days. Ask Casey Hudson and the ME3 ending...

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

• Originally posted by Beanovsky Durst View Post
        I hate the clone idea simply because it can be used as cop-out to make new stories without effort. (...)
        I couldn't agree more, but if we will have to have one (as it seems) i think Ada being the clone herself could be more interesting.

But don't get me wrong, i'm also not a fan of the Alice idea
        Last edited by IGUANO; 04-12-2012, 05:17 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by IGUANO View Post
          But don't get me wrong, i'm also not a fan of the Alice idea
          Who is? Lol. Paul W S Anderson fanboys. . .maybe.
          sigpic

Comment

• I'm one of the biggest fans of the movies, and I can't even get behind clones for the games. The reason I like the movies is because they're totally separate from the games. They better not start putting in clones...

Comment

• I just don't see the point of having a clone of Ada. IF this is not Ada and is someone named Carla. When you could just make them sisters and still have the same story elements and relationships. Everything else in the trailer looks solid.

Comment

• At this point Alice might as well be in the games. Why not? Everything people hate about her character is coming in these games one way or another. I'm genuinely surprised at the positive reaction people have of Jake Muller.

I can tell you that Capcom didn't create this kid to debunk theories that Wesker had gay tenancies toward Chris..... Even though he clearly did.....*

No they wanted to further bring action into the series, and having another Wesker running around using stylistic over-the-top "super powered" melee on B.O.W.s would drive the gamers wild.

Spoiler:
                Last edited by Smiley; 04-13-2012, 02:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smiley View Post
                  At this point Alice might as well be in the games. Why not? Everything people hate about her character is coming in these games one way or another. I'm genuinely surprised at the positive reaction people have of Jake Muller.

I can tell you that Capcom didn't create this kid to debunk theories that Wesker had gay tenancies toward Chris..... Even though he clearly did.....*

No they wanted to further bring action into the series, and having another Wesker running around using stylistic over-the-top "super powered" melee on B.O.W.s would drive the gamers wild.

Spoiler:
                  don't knock it it sounds like a good idea wesker is a very popular character after

Comment

• Originally posted by Headhunter99 View Post
                    don't knock it it sounds like a good idea wesker is a very popular character after
                    Well we might have made fun of wesker , after all its not surprising that he has a son .... at least not crazy as him ....
                    Darkness : Tactical reload wasn't even in deadly silence LMAO
                    ^ Lol ...

Comment

• It's not a good idea. Hell, bringing him back from the dead was really pushing it. Now his son comes out of nowhere. Wesker knocked up some girl, bailed out and then decided he'd rather spend his time collecting samples rather than playing catch with his boy. And do you think the mother tried to get child support out him? All these silly questions that lead us back to Mr. Muller. A protagonist capable of beating B.O.W.s to a pulp and has special blood that can handle the virus? He might as well be Alice.

Also:
                      Last edited by Smiley; 04-13-2012, 09:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smiley View Post
                        At this point Alice might as well be in the games. Why not? Everything people hate about her character is coming in these games one way or another. I'm genuinely surprised at the positive reaction people have of Jake Muller.

Spoiler:
                        You're overreacting.

Muller's gameplay style is what BH4 was originally meant to be before it was re-tweaked into Devil May Cry, and you played as the son of Oswell E. Spencer in that game. I haven't seen any irrational hate directed at Hideki Kamiya for deciding on that. They're compensating with more horror in Leon's scenario. Action is unavoidable because it's what makes up a large chunk of the sales in the series and the classic gameplay style of pre-rendered backgrounds and tank controls are out-dated and loathed by the majority because the industry has moved the fuck on, regardless of whether anyone personally doesn't have a problem with them. There is nothing inherently wrong with action. A game can still be a horror game provided its developers actually have a grasp of horror.

And again, the team is made up of people who are responsible for the best games in the entire series, not the ones responsible for the worst titles who have been handling the series since 2006. This is a big implication that absolutely nobody is paying attention to, and everyone seems to think the series is still in the hands of "Call of Duty Kawata". At the very least, it is in good hands and first-hand impressions are very promising so far. This isn't the same as the case with Operation Raccoon City, which looked like shit from day one.

The team working on this game is much more experienced and well-versed with the series than the team that worked on Revelations, and that was a great attempt at balancing horror with action from people who didn't really know how to convey horror. BH6 is being handled by a team that does and has a proven track record.
                        Last edited by News Bot; 04-13-2012, 11:38 AM.
                        PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Which games did they do News Bot? RE4? RE2?

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                            BH6 is being handled by a team that does and has a proven track record.
                            Isn't it being made by who's leftover from Capcom Production Studio 4? If so, I have complete faith in their ability to make an excellent game.
                            A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
                              I'm one of the biggest fans of the movies, and I can't even get behind clones for the games. The reason I like the movies is because they're totally separate from the games. They better not start putting in clones...
                              That opening right there automatically nullified any validity behind your opinion.
                              See you in hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                                You're overreacting.

Muller's gameplay style is what BH4 was originally meant to be before it was re-tweaked into Devil May Cry, and you played as the son of Oswell E. Spencer in that game. I haven't seen any irrational hate directed at Hideki Kamiya for deciding on that. They're compensating with more horror in Leon's scenario. Action is unavoidable because it's what makes up a large chunk of the sales in the series and the classic gameplay style of pre-rendered backgrounds and tank controls are out-dated and loathed by the majority because the industry has moved the fuck on, regardless of whether anyone personally doesn't have a problem with them. There is nothing inherently wrong with action. A game can still be a horror game provided its developers actually have a grasp of horror.

And again, the team is made up of people who are responsible for the best games in the entire series, not the ones responsible for the worst titles who have been handling the series since 2006. This is a big implication that absolutely nobody is paying attention to, and everyone seems to think the series is still in the hands of "Call of Duty Kawata". At the very least, it is in good hands and first-hand impressions are very promising so far. This isn't the same as the case with Operation Raccoon City, which looked like shit from day one.

The team working on this game is much more experienced and well-versed with the series than the team that worked on Revelations, and that was a great attempt at balancing horror with action from people who didn't really know how to convey horror. BH6 is being handled by a team that does and has a proven track record.
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X