This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 3 Censorship

Okay, I checked the Online games Databank for "Biohazard 3: Last Escape" and noticed that all console and PC versions in Europe have been censored. In North America, the Playstation, PC, and the Dreamcast versions are censored but not the Gamecube version. The Japanese version has all consoles uncensored in Japan (Except for the PS3 download versions and SourceNext PC versions ).

1. The German version has all blood gray, censored, and bodies of enemies disappear like in the old arcade games.

2. European versions like UK English, Italian, French, and Spanish, have red blood and gore, except zombie's head stays attached when you kick a it's head as Jill or encountering Hunter in the hospital as Carlos.

3. In the U.S. for Playstation, PC, and Dreamcast versions, you kick the zombie's head and it's head stays attached, but the Gamecube versions in the U.S. you CAN decapitate zombies by kicking them or see it's head get decapitated by a Hunter. Completely uncensored!

4. The Original uncut Japanese version is completely uncensored for all consoles. But after you download the Japanese PS1 version from the Japanese PS3 store or bought the Japanese Sourcenext PC version and play it, the content is the same as the European or UK versions.

How come all versions (except the PS3 and Sourcenext PC versions) in Japan are uncensored and censored for all consoles (except the Gamecube version) in North America?!

Despite being branded as a "teletubbie handbag", the GameCube was for MAHTOORE audiences

Actually, they censor a lot of the RE games in Japan. The recent Lollipop Chainsaw game was censored in Japan.
    Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
    sigpic

Comment

Apart from the obvious censorship issues inside of Germany, I never heard anything like that. By a coincidence I did however play a little RE3 on Gamecube recently, and head detach finisher is present. I don't have a PSX copy at the moment to compare this to.

Why would the Japanese PS Store version be different though? Sony Entertainment Japan will only have licences for the original version released in that region.

Comment

Because ever since RE3, CAPCOM started making a "no decapitation" rule. Not only in RE3, but check hunters in CV, Outbreak, Outbreak 2, Survivor, and some others. Instead of beheading the characters, they have that 1-hit kill claw attack.
        Last edited by Guest; 04-11-2012, 09:47 PM.

Comment

ALISSON!!!!*SHAKESFIST*

actually the US versions were the last to keep some gore, with the exception of the self censored RE CV

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, REmake had Hunter decaps as well.

Comment

And decapitation is in RE4.

Comment

Originally posted by Code_R View Post
                And decapitation is in RE4.
                And some of them were censored aswell in newer ports.

Comment

Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
                  If I'm not mistaken, REmake had Hunter decaps as well.
                  I've never played REMake, I have no gamecube :~(

Comment

If anybody has the original (non-Greatest Hits) PS1 lable version from 1999, check and see if the zombie's head is flying off after Jill kicks it.

Comment

Can anyone confirm Hunter decapitations in Remake? I don't remember that.
                      Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Originally posted by Det. Beauregard View Post
                        Can anyone confirm Hunter decapitations in Remake? I don't remember that.
                        Yup.
                        PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

There are no decaps in REmake
                          PSN Gamercards

Comment

I dont remember the uk version of RE3 being censored, I'll have to play it again, havnt played it in years, still its pretty gory in places.

Comment

Originally posted by BeefWellington View Post
                              There are no decaps in REmake

So what happens at 40 seconds int his clip?

Comment

Working...
                              X