Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couldn't we also do a comparison from the game discs' mould codes?

If it's from a different source and/or mould then we'd be able to compile a list (unless Anders has written up all of the RE3 mould codes and hasn't put them onto his site as of yet) and be able to narrow it down without having to do multiple dumps of the game?

Or well, would help narrow it down and that particular one could be dumped and checked to see if those animations are remaining or if they've been removed.

The mould code for RE3 is located on the underside/read side of the disc in the slightly grooved section where you can put a finger to pick it up.
    It's on the left-hand side, if you were to flip the disc back over - it's just on the back next to the Capcom logo.

The one on my PAL copy is IFPI 944S. I don't remember if it's censored or not, so I'll have to check later.

As another possibility if there were multiple master discs for the source production - it might be that some may have been made before the game had gone through the classification/ratings board and remain uncensored and others were censored. I know some developers and/or publishers do theirs a little early on from time to time so it could also explain the differences if some had already been pressed without the change OR the rest were later prints (newer prints for stock demand) which had the censorship on them due to a response after the initial release.
    Last edited by Enetirnel; 04-23-2012, 11:12 PM.
    sigpic
    Non-blurry Signature Version
    Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

I'm pretty sure Hcloud13 is just baiting this curious Joehrex character...

Again, the mould codes does not identify the game code. It's just a pressing plant locator. The two first digits identify the plant, the two next identify the particular mould at the plant the stampers were mounted in. 50, 51, and 72 are Sony DADC USA, 94 is Sony DADC Austria, 45 is Sony Japan, and 65 is SMEA Australia (though they mostly imported discs from Austria, some later pressings of demos and maybe some games were done in Australia [I'm not talking about RE3, but generally]).

To identify the game code, you'd have to look at the matrix code written around the hub. This is written to the master and thus transferred to all stampers made from the master. This is a unique identifier of the game code. If you scroll to the bottom of this page, you can see what I'm talking about: www.crimson-ceremony.net/pr3/page.php?id=mf-cd
      (The IFPI code in the matrix code, which always start with "L", identifies the laser beam recorder used to make the glass master.)

Unfortunately, PS1 discs are black. The matrix codes are not visible, unless the disc label has not been been printed, as on PAL Platinum discs. Here's an example: http://crimson-ceremony.net/lostrele...e_re1-ps1-eur2

(To avoid any confusion. Part of Sony DADC USA matrix codes are like this: PSRM-****** 1. The "1" is the first glass master, but usually they would make several glass masters, the next would have number "2" and so on. These are not made from different masters. They are different glass masters, but ultimately made from the same "super-master" PSRM-******.)

Other Sony plants did not use PSRM numbers (which are internal plant master ID numbers), only in USA. The other plants numbered masters differently.
      Last edited by Anders; 04-23-2012, 11:45 PM.
      lostreleases // demopals

Comment

Originally posted by Joehrex View Post
        Yes, I noticed too. Biohazard 3 Last Escape (The Japanese version of Resident Evil 3) is the complete uncensored version that was released on PS1, Dreamcast, and original PC (Except Sourcenext and PS3 version) in Japan. Well it's Monday, I should get my hands on RE3 with Dino Demo this afternoon. Once I have it I'll post the clip to you all.
        Are you kidding me? You just spent 4 pages complaining and almost demanding people find this for you, and when someone posts it you dont even say 'Thank you'?

Doyou have any manners at all dude?This is incredibly rude.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
          Are you kidding me? You just spent 4 pages complaining and almost demanding people find this for you, and when someone posts it you dont even say 'Thank you'?

Doyou have any manners at all dude?This is incredibly rude.
          I didn't meant to not say thank you, sorry about that.

Comment

So Uppalupa, can you confirm your NTSC version is uncensored? Could you perhaps post a video of it online? I have yet to see the uncensored version in English on PSX.
            Last edited by Guest; 04-24-2012, 05:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anders View Post
              I'm pretty sure Hcloud13 is just baiting this curious Joehrex character...
              It's almost as if I'm being bullied... *sarcasm*
              Last edited by Joehrex; 04-25-2012, 05:14 PM.

Comment

So was this legit? I'm guessing not?

Comment

Hcloud13 is going to PM me with his uncensored copy. I just hope he responds soon.

Comment

I'm here.I can only get a Bin file.
                    That and I'm trying to see where I can upload it given most file sharing site are toast.

!!!!P.S!!!! before I go any farther on this... Is this against the rules? As usually ISO's n such are a bannable offence here and I kinda like this site lol.
                    Spoiler:

Comment

• Yes, very against the rules. No more mentioning uploading iso's and such please.

Comment

• Chuck your disc into a PC mate, then on my computer what is the exact code that comes up in your CD drive icon?
                        http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
                        http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
                        Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

• Last edited by Pikminister; 04-26-2012, 12:06 PM.
                          Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                            Yes, very against the rules. No more mentioning uploading iso's and such please.
                            Okay, so how can I get it from Hcloud13 differently?
                            Last edited by Joehrex; 04-26-2012, 02:05 PM.

Comment

• Legally? You can buy the disc and have him ship it.

Any other method, you should discuss somewhere else.

Comment

• Can Hcloud13 e-mail me his ripped copy? That would be nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X