X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video-2 (BH-3 Uncensored)

Comment

• The translation of the game censored a few things too. Dario swears a lot in the actual script and is generally even more mean-spirited towards Jill ("are you drunk?"). Also, in the Samurai Edge file, Kendo goes on a tangent about how U.S. government-issue weapon parts are inferior. Went right out the window in translation.
      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeMuller View Post
        Video-2 (BH-3 Uncensored)

Gory freakin' leg explotion! Nice!

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
          The translation of the game censored a few things too. Dario swears a lot in the actual script and is generally even more mean-spirited towards Jill ("are you drunk?"). Also, in the Samurai Edge file, Kendo goes on a tangent about how U.S. government-issue weapon parts are inferior. Went right out the window in translation.
          Are the real scripts available anywhere in English? I'd love to read them.
          Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

• Originally posted by Det. Beauregard View Post
            Are the real scripts available anywhere in English? I'd love to read them.
            We will eventually have them all completely translated on PU.
            PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Hcloud13, have you uploaded your video of your version to us yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Upaluppa View Post
                I have several US and EU releases of RE3 in my collection, I'll go through all of them to see if any of them is uncensored!
                The only thing I know for sure at the moment is that the US Trial Edition is uncensored, but that should come as no surprise...

I always believed the US version that came with a Dino Crisis Demo to be uncensored because it was the version I played all my life, to say so, and I never noticed the absence of flying heads while playing, but I'll re-check the game to be sure!

Sorry for any confusion I might have created with my previous statement...

EDIT:

FORGET IT!
                This uncensored US version of RE3 simply doesn't exist, believe it or not!
                I'm quite shocked myself, it never occurred to me that my US RE3 was censored until this thread came up.
                Especially since with RE2 it was the Japanese release that was censored, not the US one...

I just checked the original release with the Dino Crisis Demo, the later release without the demo, the PSN version and a pre-release bootleg version, just a few days older than the final build, and guess what, all of them are censored!

The only US release of the game which is uncut is the Trial Edition which retains most of the things which where altered during the translation from Japanese to English.

The absence of the "Just get away from me!" line when you check Dario after he locked himself in that container at the beginning of the game is yet another example of this...

Sorry to spoil your hopes of getting an uncut RE3...
                Perhaps something could be done with hacking/modding, but I doubt it...

Now the one thing I'd be interested in is whether any of the Japanese re-releases of the game have the flying heads censored...
                Does anybody here have a collection of Japanese releases to check this?
                Is this version released to the public?
                Last edited by Guest; 05-03-2012, 08:04 PM.

Comment

• Weren't some initial releases of RE3 for PS1 uncensored in US?

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
                    It was, some years ago:

I got it from this source back then.

It's not really worth wasting your time to download and play this one, there aren't any noticeable differences compared to the final release.

The only visual difference I found within the game is the PlayStation boot logo:

P. NINJA is probably the group/pirate responsible for this bootleg...

There might be some minor code changes (last minute bug fixes, I guess), the RAM addresses are different, if my memory serves me right, other than that and the PSX logo, nothing.

I'll compare the file creation dates and sizes, to see if the executable file is any different from the final build, give me a minute!

I could re-upload it for you, but like I said, if you are hoping for differences or beta stuff you'll be wasting your time.
                    Also, the Zombie head kick is already censored in this version, so it'll be unlikely that any final US release of the game has it uncensored, despite what some people claimed...

I'm only speaking about the Playstation versions here, if the PC, Gamecube or Dreamcast versions are uncut, so be it, I never played any of these...
                    Last edited by Upaluppa; 05-06-2012, 09:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Upaluppa View Post
                      It was, some years ago:

I got it from this source back then.

It's not really worth wasting your time to download and play this one, there aren't any noticeable differences compared to the final release.

The only visual difference I found within the game is the PlayStation boot logo:

P. NINJA is probably the group/pirate responsible for this bootleg...

There might be some minor code changes (last minute bug fixes, I guess), because the RAM adresses are different, I noticed this while trying to use GameShark codes I hacked for the final version in this pre-release, other than that and the PSX logo, nothing.

I could re-upload it for you, but like I said, if you are hoping for differences or beta stuff you'll be wasting your time.
                      Also, the Zombie head kick is already censored in this version, so it'll be unlikely that any final US release of the game has it uncensored, despite what some people claimed...

I'm only speaking about the Playstation versions here, if the PC, Gamecube or Dreamcast versions are uncut, so be it, I never played any of these...
                      The Gamecube version is uncut, the Dreamcast and PC versions were more censored like hunter can't decapitate zombie's head in the hospital. I was confirmed by looking on Youtube.

Comment

• @geluda:
                        I've compared the file dates, the EXE is identical (pre-release on the left, final on the right):

The only thing different would be the "CD_DATA" folder, but the 2009 time stamp and the 17 minute difference doesn't make any sense, I wonder what's up with that.

My guess is that the date reflects the time I saved those CD images to my hard drive.
                        I can't remember, perhaps I checked them for corrupted sectors, fixed those and thereby changed the file creation date?
                        Last edited by Upaluppa; 05-06-2012, 09:24 AM.

Comment

• Upaluppa, could you check Hcloud13's version of his RE3 game and see what his disc date is?

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
                            I'm not sure, but Hcloud13's version of RE3 games on PS1 is uncensored. If he could just post his version on youtube sooner...

Comment

• Thanks for the info Upaluppa! Even the tiniest differences interest me, even if there's no ingame differences it's nice to have each version there knowing that at least some pieces of code might be different.

Comment

• We still don't know how many earlier version of RE3 for PS1 in U.S. were uncensored since Hcloud13 has it with Dino demo uncut.

Comment

Working...
                                X