This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by [STARS]TyranT View Post
    Chuck your disc into a PC mate, then on my computer what is the exact code that comes up in your CD drive icon?
    SLUS_00923
    Spoiler:

Comment

• Originally posted by Joehrex View Post
      Can Hcloud13 e-mail me his ripped copy? That would be nice.
      You can do whatever you want, we can't stop you, but take your discussion of how you can pirate the game (from Hcloud or wherever) off the forum to a more private manner. We don't condone piracy. This is your warning. Any more about it and you'll receive harsher action.
      sigpic

Comment

• I'll try my best...

Comment

• So let me get this straight. The Japanese version is uncensored? Isn't it usually the other way around?
          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
            So let me get this straight. The Japanese version is uncensored? Isn't it usually the other way around?
            Not always. Japanese version is done first then it's likely western review boards said no to the head decap or gave it a rating higher than Capcom were prepared to market it at, I.e 18 etc. Biohazard 2 was 18 at one point, I remember seeing the images of the front cover advertised in magazines with the 18 rating pre-release.

I'm still unconvinced, I've seen everything but proof there is a uncensored western version. I'd be interested to know if the animation still exists on censored western discs, whether it was locked or whether it was removed all together.
            Last edited by Guest; 04-26-2012, 06:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
              Not always. Japanese version is done first then it's likely western review boards said no to the head decap or gave it a rating higher than Capcom were prepared to market it at, I.e 18 etc. Biohazard 2 was 18 at one point, I remember seeing the images of the front cover advertised in magazines with the 18 rating pre-release.

I'm still unconvinced, I've seen everything but proof there is a uncensored western version. I'd be interested to know if the animation still exists on censored western discs, whether it was locked or whether it was removed all together.
              Western's choice to have no decaps was a wrong and terrible choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pikminister View Post

This.

I've seen everything but proof there is a uncensored western version
                Then this too.

Comment

• Can this thread please die now?

Comment

• SLUS_00923 is exactly the same as my censored version. There can literally be no doubt about it - they are the same game. It's the exact same master/bin/iso.
                    http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
                    http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
                    Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

SLUS_00923 is exactly the same as my censored version. There can literally be no doubt about it - they are the same game. It's the exact same master/bin/iso.
                      So you're saying that Hcloud13's copy is the same censored version as yours?

Comment

• There's absolutely all evidence pointing to that yes - it's the very same build - the bin file is the same - it would be a huge anomoly for the gaming community if two product codes that were exactly the same could be different.

Comment

There's absolutely all evidence pointing to that yes - it's the very same build - the bin file is the same - it would be a huge anomoly for the gaming community if two product codes that were exactly the same could be different.
                          Unbelievable... Did you check the gameplay?
                          Last edited by Joehrex; 04-27-2012, 06:49 PM.

Comment

• I can't confirm - but you've got the Dino Crisis Demo package, censored, I've got the original US release, censored. My ISO/BIN whatever matches Hcloud13's. I've never known in my 20+ years of gaming two identical file codes be different.
                            Last edited by [STARS]TyranT; 04-27-2012, 07:41 PM.

Comment

I can't confirm - but you've got the Dino Crisis Demo package, censored, I've got the original US release, censored. My ISO/BIN whatever matches Hcloud13's. I've never known in my 20+ years of gaming two identical file codes be different.
                              Ask Hcloud13... I believe that his version is uncensored. If not, ask Upaluppa.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                                This is glorious
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X