This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by [STARS]TyranT View Post
    There's absolutely all evidence pointing to that yes - it's the very same build - the bin file is the same - it would be a huge anomoly for the gaming community if two product codes that were exactly the same could be different.
    Even if they make one change they have to purchase a new ID from Sony?

Comment

• EDIT:

Apparently not - so I don't know anymore.
      Last edited by [STARS]TyranT; 04-28-2012, 04:58 AM.
      http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
      http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
      Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

• Hcloud13, can you confirm everyone (you already confirmed it to me) that your version of gameplay has uncensored animation of zombie's head flying after kicked by Jill?

Comment

• I'll make a quick video and post it soon.
          On another note! Joehrex...spaming me with 14 PM's asking me the same thing is getting a bit nut's O.o I'm not posting the "You know what".
          Sorry to respond to you on the forum,but you don't seem to read my replys in PM. This isnt Fucking 1.5 Calm down -_-
          Spoiler:

Comment

• Originally posted by Hcloud13 View Post
            I'll make a quick video and post it soon.
            On another note! Joehrex...spaming me with 14 PM's asking me the same thing is getting a bit nut's O.o I'm not posting the "You know what".
            Sorry to respond to you on the forum,but you don't seem to read my replys in PM. This isnt Fucking 1.5 Calm down -_-
            Sorry! I did read your PM replies, but maybe I was overreacting. Excuse me!

Comment

• How come European versions were more censored than U.S. versions?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hcloud13 View Post
                I'll make a quick video and post it soon.
                I would love to see the video, if you would be kind enough to share it would be much appreciated.

Comment

• I have several US and EU releases of RE3 in my collection, I'll go through all of them to see if any of them is uncensored!
                  The only thing I know for sure at the moment is that the US Trial Edition is uncensored, but that should come as no surprise...

I always believed the US version that came with a Dino Crisis Demo to be uncensored because it was the version I played all my life, to say so, and I never noticed the absence of flying heads while playing, but I'll re-check the game to be sure!

Sorry for any confusion I might have created with my previous statement...

EDIT:

FORGET IT!
                  This uncensored US version of RE3 simply doesn't exist, believe it or not!
                  I'm quite shocked myself, it never occurred to me that my US RE3 was censored until this thread came up.
                  Especially since with RE2 it was the Japanese release that was censored, not the US one...

I just checked the original release with the Dino Crisis Demo, the later release without the demo, the PSN version and a pre-release bootleg version, just a few days older than the final build, and guess what, all of them are censored!

The only US release of the game which is uncut is the Trial Edition which retains most of the things which where altered during the translation from Japanese to English.

The absence of the "Just get away from me!" line when you check Dario after he locked himself in that container at the beginning of the game is yet another example of this...

Sorry to spoil your hopes of getting an uncut RE3...
                  Perhaps something could be done with hacking/modding, but I doubt it...

Now the one thing I'd be interested in is whether any of the Japanese re-releases of the game have the flying heads censored...
                  Does anybody here have a collection of Japanese releases to check this?
                  Last edited by Upaluppa; 05-01-2012, 05:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Upaluppa View Post
                    The absence of the "Just get away from me!" line when you check Dario after he locked himself in that container at the beginning of the game is yet another example of this...
                    Hey, I remember that line. It was on my US cd. (Yeah, censored heads too)

Comment

• Originally posted by alinhoalisson View Post
                      Hey, I remember that line. It was on my US cd. (Yeah, censored heads too)
                      Yeah, only the Japanese release and the US Trial Version lack it.

All the final Western releases of the game have this additional line.
                      I really wonder if there are more dialog changes between the Japanese and Western releases, this one is the only difference I immediately noticed while playing through the Japanese version for the first time...

Dario's voice sounds quite different during that line, it used to creep me out when I first played the game years ago, lol...
                      Last edited by Upaluppa; 05-01-2012, 10:26 AM.

Comment

• The 'Just get away from me' was missing from the US UK Dreamcast version interestingly enough.
                        http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
                        http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
                        Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

• Originally posted by [STARS]TyranT View Post
                          The 'Just get away from me' was missing from the US UK Dreamcast version interestingly enough.
                          I only have the Playstation versions, so I have no clue about any differences in the ports of the game...

I find this quite interesting, though. It adds even more confusion to what exactly was changed between different releases of the game.
                          I'll do a youtube search for videos of the Dreamcast version, I'd really like to see this for myself!

I'm sorry for straying from the original topic, but since the censorship question has been answered anyways, I guess it's forgivable for the moment.

I'll post back as soon as I find something!
                          Last edited by Upaluppa; 05-01-2012, 01:52 PM.

Comment

• My US PS1 copy of the game does not have the "get away from me line", only the one about him never coming out plays. It's on my trial version though..

It's odd that the US version is censored but not the Japanese... Maybe a mistake on Capcom's part? It's possible since REDC and REDCDS were fudged up..

Who knows....

Originally posted by Upaluppa View Post
                            I only have the Playstation versions, so I have no clue about any differences in the ports of the game...

I find this quite interesting, though. It adds even more confusion to what exactly was changed between different releases of the game.
                            I'll do a youtube search for videos of the Dreamcast version, I'd really like to see this for myself!

I'm sorry for straying from the original topic, but since the censorship question has been answered anyways, I guess it's forgivable for the moment.

I'll post back as soon as I find something!
                            My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                              It's odd that the US version is censored but not the Japanese...
                              Well, the US release came after the original Japanese version, so they had enough time to make changes...
                              And the fact that RE Code Veronica was also being worked on, a game which tried to move away from the over the top violence in earlier Resident Evil games, perhaps they just wanted to make their Western release of RE3 fit in with the new take on violence they were going for in Code Veronica?

The Japanese version was already out, so they couldn't go back and change it without a lot of extra effort and money involved, but for the US release they still had the time to make some changes before the game made it into mass production.

I'm just making assumptions here...
                              Last edited by Upaluppa; 05-02-2012, 05:54 AM.

Comment

• I've said it several times here and at Biohaze but no one seemed to take note but it's relevant for this exact reason. Capcom really began to crack down on the level of self censorship between Biohazard 3's September release and Resident Evil 3's US November release. The main catalysts for this were two fold, tightning of censorship classifications and as many people here have stated, the more obvious cause in the US - the 1999 Columbine School killings. It ushered into a new era of self censorship that Capcom didn't really change until 2002.

Comment

Working...
                                X