Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From "Jackpot" on NeoGAF:

http://i.imgur.com/TWhBl.jpg

Reconstructed the name from other letters in the screencap but with incorrect spacing.

First name is the reconstructed name.
    2nd name is the reconstructed name with the top of the censor bar pasted over it.
    3rd name is the reconstructed name with the top of the censor bar pasted over it and the pixels of letters poking through highlighted in red (which match the positions of where the tall letters of the reconstructed name meet the censor bar)
    4th name is the original censor graphic for comparison.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Oh god. It's fucking true.

Ada has a clone. Man alive.

Really not sure how I feel about this.
      http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
      http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
      Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

omg Carla is Lady Gaga

Or Kerrigan

Comment

She's sure not your typical clone.
          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Well the good news is we seemingly have till October before we can dissect into the final product. So like it or hate it, that's on the table.

Comment

Amazing work News Bot. Just wait until its revealed Wesker is alive and the Wesker that died in RE5 was a clone. xD

Comment

If Wesker in Resident Evil 5 was a clone and the real Wesker is still alive....

I will bow out of this series. It would be too much.

EDIT:

C-Virus stands for Clone Virus, or Copy - giving the perfect copy of it's host.

????
                Last edited by [STARS]TyranT; 04-14-2012, 04:15 PM.
                http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
                http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
                Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

I wouldn't mind to be honest, Wesker is my favorite character in the series but if there is a clone and the real one died, then I'll get angry.

Comment

I'd rather Chrysalis.

Wesker please dont revive. You are not Natla dude

Comment

Originally posted by Vito View Post
                      Amazing work News Bot. Just wait until its revealed Wesker is alive and the Wesker that died in RE5 was a clone. xD

Comment

Well to be fair-- News Bot posts are right. Cloning has been done quite a few times in Resident Evil with both the Ashford twins and bio-organic weapons. I for one do not have an issue with the Ada clone but

I am probably in the minority here but I really do not see an issue with the cloning of Ada Wong or if Carla is the real lady and Ada is a clone. All of our fears is that the writers down the line may use this window and say, "Well the Albert you faced in RE5 was a clone" however I do not honestly believe that is the direction they are going with. As others on this forum here have stated before, the use of the same villain over and over again does get tiring.

I wish I still had access to the article but I can no longer find it -- someone wrote this big essay on Albert Wesker's end game. One of the themes the writer was trying to convey is that in the RE series they use "eugenics".

From dictionary.com,

" the study of or belief in the possibility of improving the qualities of the human species or a human population, especially by such means as discouraging reproduction by persons having genetic defects or presumed to have inheritable undesirable traits (negative eugenics) or encouraging reproduction by persons presumed to have inheritable desirable traits (positive eugenics)."

Like the Wesker Project. I guess cloning can be a use of eugenics. Just food for thought.

Only thing that could kill this game for me is if they throw in Alice....

EDIT: Found out why. Apparently wordpress.com no longer has the article. Here is the link though where you can find it thanks to the way back time machine.

Last edited by Reston; 04-14-2012, 04:56 PM.

Comment

For gods sake, Albert Wesker is not coming back. His death was exaggerated in Bio5 to prove the point he cannot return and yet people still argue the case.
                          Capcom have already stated numerous times he is gone for good. Why the hell would a clone of Wesker exist and why would a clone of Wesker try to destroy the world with Uroboros? It's idiotic.
                          What was the real Wesker doing then, off on his jollies and just letting his clone do all the work for him?
                          "I've got 100 cows."
                          "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Originally posted by TheBatMan View Post
                            For gods sake, Albert Wesker is not coming back. His death was exaggerated in Bio5 to prove the point he cannot return and yet people still argue the case.
                            Capcom have already stated numerous times he is gone for good. Why the hell would a clone of Wesker exist and why would a clone of Wesker try to destroy the world with Uroboros? It's idiotic.
                            What was the real Wesker doing then, off on his jollies and just letting his clone do all the work for him?
                            Well, yes, that's rather the point - why would a clone of Ada be running around, trying to recruit Wesker's kid? Why would she even have a Clone?

And yeah, hopefully Wesker is gone for good, but having character clones running around makes it quite possible to bring him back. Again.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                              Well, yes, that's rather the point - why would a clone of Ada be running around, trying to recruit Wesker's kid? Why would she even have a Clone?

And yeah, hopefully Wesker is gone for good, but having character clones running around makes it quite possible to bring him back. Again.
                              Exactly.

That's what I've been saying since all this cloning shit surfaced... once they start cloning one of the main characters from the series, all bets are off. Anyone can be cloned. Including Wesker.

RE becomes Dragon Ball Z... where no one really dies, they just (say it with me) they just become STRONGER.

And I'm not kidding, if they bring back Wesker... fuck this shit, Silent Hill here I come.
                              Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                              sigpic

Comment

Ironically saw the same discussion regarding Ada on Biohaze a few months back. I think the best descriptive for Ada (barring what RE6's plot means to her, because even if there is a clone what part did she play in the clones appearance) I saw was "anti-hero."

People made a comparison to the modern edition of Catwoman. A character that does generally bad deeds but has a strong moral compass to not do anything too evil to the "good" guys and just use manipulation to get their own way.

I was also going to say if people start blaming Anderson's films for any clone thing, he only really originally decided to use it (and the super powers Alice got at first) due to Alexia in Code Veronica. I don't like his films but I am at least not going to finger point any blame on him for this line, as News Bot said it's not entirely new.

Comment

Working...
                                X