Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can Alex Wesker NOT be the villain in BH6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can Alex Wesker NOT be the villain in BH6?

Serious question. The game has been in development since 2010 and concept work probably began in 2009. In that time, CAPCOM released the "Lost In Nightmares" DLC for BH5 (along with "Alternative/Gold Edition"). They have a few files which happen to focus heavily on Alex Wesker, the only other survivor of the Wesker Project apart from Albert. Let's look at the files:

I have it. The key to open the door to immortality.
    The virus which Umbrella researched and developed suppresses telomere shortening which negates the function that limits cell division. An endless chain that leads to eternal life, it must be mine.

And I have it. The power to attain it.
    After Umbrella's collapse, many talented individuals retired into private life. However, a handful of excellent individuals are available to me. My child, Alex, is one of them.

I believe it.
    With Alex, I will find the method to eradicate this disease.

That is the undeniable truth.

I accepted all of Alex's demands.

Alex has remarkable abilities.
    He ascertains the appropriate time, arranges the necessary materials, and has the capability to manage them. Whereas other children are merely single-minded, Alex excels at absorbing the abilities of others.

He has a quality for leading others, I appreciate this.
    I gave Alex subordinates and a research site. The necessary funding, equipment, research materials and test subjects. The only thing wanting is time.

The chosen research site is a solitary island in the Southern Ocean.
    There is a military facility of a certain country, but it has been abandoned for a long time. Taking the researchers, equipment and several hundred test subjects, Alex went there.

I waited for good news to arrive.
    However, a month later I received a single phone call requesting additional test subjects.
    He explained that he exhausted all the hundreds of test subjects in just one month.

Alex said. "The experiment is going well, please be content."
    I decided to wait further.

It has been one year since the beginning of the experiment. The good news has yet to arrive.
    I have sent over ten thousand test subjects to the island.

Alex administers the improved virus to the test subjects at random.
    There is no time to spare to study the improved virus. If there is a chance, he administers the virus to the test subjects and observes its progress.
    Alex's actions are reasonable.

I have received word. A report of the experiment's success. I feel clear after so long.
    Last night, the food and wine which my butler Patrick prepared tasted complete.

But now I have the opposite of that feeling.
    Alex has disappeared. No, that's not all.

His subordinates too! The subjects also!
    Even the research for the virus to heal myself!

I've been betrayed! Not once but twice!
    Undeniably, he is the same as Albert!
    Here's the only information on him in the Archives II book:

THE WESKER PROJECT (Page 243)

According to Spencer, the people who live in an ideal world should themselves be ideal. The people who have obtained super strength and intellect through evolution cased by the Progenitor Virus should not turn their backs on their god. Thus Spencer turned his attention to training the ideal skilled beings for this ideal world and executed a project for this. This is the 'Wesker Project.' This project, named after the lead researcher Wesker, involved gathering up several hundred children born to the most intellectually gifted people around the world, raising them until they have perfect bodies and minds, and then releasing them back into the world after giving these gifted children special educations. All of the subjects were given the name Wesker and given doses of the prototype virus to identify the most gifted individuals. Most of those who undergo this 'screening' succumbed to the virus and died, but a tiny few survived. These were Subject no. 12, Alex, and Subject no.13, Albert.

Alex became a member of Umbrella after the experiment and worked secretly for Spencer, after gaining his trust. Furthermore, Spencer greatly admired Alex's superior intellect and leadership skills, and in order to perform research to release him from his ageing body, Spencer named him chief researcher and continually provided him with money, equipment, supplies and experimentation subjects. But no matter how long they waited, the expected results never came.

Albert, 'the other Wesker,' also became an Umbrella researcher, but he had an even greater neo-human trait than Alex: an absolute ambition.
    And finally, when the words "Wesker Jr." are mentioned in the Captivate 2012 trailer...

These three images of a new character happen to pop up, along with a very brief shot of President Benford also seen in the first trailer. He looks about the same age as Wesker.

So discuss on the apparent obviousness of Alex Wesker being the new villain. I will be disappointed if he isn't, personally.
    Last edited by News Bot; 04-13-2012, 04:53 PM.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

If that guy is Alex, he sure is the polar opposite of Albert.

Older, a sedentary type and doesn't care about looking cool.
    Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
      If that guy is Alex, he sure is the polar opposite of Albert.

Older, a sedentary type and doesn't care about looking cool.
      Yup, that's implied by the fact that Albert was more ambitious. He's also wearing a long white overcoat, similar, but a direct contrast to Albert's black.

Comment

He could be so much more that the caricature that Albert eventually became... I liked Spencer's take that this man could be like "The Smoking Man" from the X-Files.

A much better villain IMO.
        sigpic

Comment

If that's really him, I hope he doesn't look like a comic villain "Hey, I will dominate the world" like Wesker did.

Comment

The character is briefly mentioned in a file that only people who bought the DLC will know exists. Why WOULD he be included in a game that so far is supplying massive fan service for major and existing characters... I'm not saying it won't happen, it just seems an strange choice.

Comment

Here's our Half Life equivalent G-man folks!

I wasn't keen on the Wesker children when they first appeared, I loathe the idea of a further A.Wesker.

Now we are here? Bring on Alex Wesker.

Massive twist, his intentions are perhaps good, and one of the Original 11.

Love fanspeculation.
              http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
              http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
              Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Code_R View Post
                The character is briefly mentioned in a file that only people who bought the DLC will know exists. Why WOULD he be included in a game that so far is supplying massive fan service for major and existing characters... I'm not saying it won't happen, it just seems an strange choice.
                And a lot of people bought the DLC. And the content in the DLC is canon. Also, he's referenced in the main game as "Alex W." Why would they develop his character so much (to the point of implying that he has a virus that grants immortality, which is a pretty big deal) if he was just massive fan service?
                Last edited by News Bot; 04-13-2012, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                  And a lot of people bought the DLC. And the content in the DLC is canon. Also, he's referenced in the main game as "Alex W." Why would they develop his character so much (to the point of implying that he has a virus that grants immortality, which is a pretty big deal) if he was just massive fan service?
                  And Revelations ending confirms it as canon.

I just hope Alex Wesker doesn't go batshit crazy and tries to pull something like Albert's Uroboros.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

That depends on the writer writes, and the producer wants.

Comment

I will personally be disappointed if Wesker IS the main villain. I want to see something new in the series for a change. I'm tired of the Leon & Ada crap, too. Anyway, Wesker should've stayed gone after the very first game.

In the other games he is just shoe-horned in by Capcom to milk money and all his superpower bs is annoying & ridiculous. Junk-heap Wesker was the worst. Isn't the current Wesker just a clone, anyway? That's even worse. Just a lame 'excuse' to keep some form of Wesker going in the games. To paraphrase Top dollar from The Crow movie: 'FFS JUST DIE ALREADY!'
                      sigpic

Comment

Its not the same, neither a clone. Its a brand new character. Read

Comment

I think it's obvious to the more aware fans that goatee man is Alex Wesker. It would be a really big surprise at this point if the man had no relation what-so-ever. South Seas are in relation to China and since that's where the game ends up at near the end, it's safe to speculate. I am going to go ahead and also say like a few others he is going to be the exact opposite of Albert in terms of personality and agenda. If he is wearing white and Albert wore black I guess you could say "his ying to the others yang" in them being polar opposites. Plus it would be a total waste of time if it was not him at this point considering the whole LIN scenario.

As for what Deus said involving new villains -- I am open up to the idea of having new bad guys but Capcom needs to keep them complex and not just one dimensional type characters as they been doing with their past two main games. Not just kill all of them off in one game. It seems this is not going to be a problem though with what we seen from REVELATIONS. I honestly believe in a long time they are going in the right direction with the series in terms of story for once and making it the main focus (REVELATIONS being the first, RE6 being now).

Comment

Originally posted by Deus Flux View Post
                            Anyway, Wesker should've stayed gone after the very first game.
                            That was the plan, originally.

But just like Star Wars fans made Lucas bring back Bobba Fett (and recently, Darth Maul), Capcom went along with the fans and they brought back Wesker.

And that one time was enough... no clones, please.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                              That was the plan, originally.

But just like Star Wars fans made Lucas bring back Bobba Fett (and recently, Darth Maul), Capcom went along with the fans and they brought back Wesker.

And that one time was enough... no clones, please.
                              I have never seen a valid source for this claim. Wesker never had much of a following after the original game.

Also, he was going to "return" in some capacity in BH1.5. His face is on the tail of the boss Golgotha or Zeiram in some concept art. His revival in CODE:Veronica was planned to fit into a larger plot arch involving superhumans and the Progenitor Virus. Before the first version of BH4 was scrapped, Oswell E. Spencer was centuries old and his bio-engineered sons had the same powers as Wesker. The latter's role in CV was just a prelude.

Comment

Working...
                              X