Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jake Muller and his age... (Possible plot hole?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jake's abilities come from the C-Virus. He was born before Wesker injected himself with the prototype strain of the Progenitor Virus. The injection he's seen giving himself in the trailer is a "nutritional supplement" that was mixed with the C-Virus and distributed to the guerillas he was hired by. And they were distributed by "Ada".

His blood is special because if he can adapt to the Progenitor Virus, he can presumably adapt to others.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

What newsbot said. Also in the Gamespot interview they said Wesker abandoned his family, so it's his real son.

Comment

So he is biological...Well, I prefer Wesker/Jake to Vergil/Nero. At least with Jake case Wesker background makes it have sense

Comment

Originally posted by ValentineLover View Post
          Well, I prefer Wesker/Jake to Vergil/Nero.
          Man, I was so glad they dropped that plot point like a sack of bricks. You want to talk about something that made absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
            Jake's abilities come from the C-Virus. He was born before Wesker injected himself with the prototype strain of the Progenitor Virus. The injection he's seen giving himself in the trailer is a "nutritional supplement" that was mixed with the C-Virus and distributed to the guerillas he was hired by. And they were distributed by "Ada".

His blood is special because if he can adapt to the Progenitor Virus, he can presumably adapt to others.
            Ah, well then. That makes a whole lot of sense, thanks. Not quite sure I like the idea of the C-Virus giving people with the right DNA the ability to be super human but eh, whatever. Would of preferred if it was the progenitor so it limits that to one virus but perhaps the C-Virus includes Progenitor. We'll see anyway I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Spera01 View Post
              Ah, well then. That makes a whole lot of sense, thanks. Not quite sure I like the idea of the C-Virus giving people with the right DNA the ability to be super human but eh, whatever. Would of preferred if it was the progenitor so it limits that to one virus but perhaps the C-Virus includes Progenitor. We'll see anyway I guess.
              There will be more to it then that, don't worry. The original strain of the Progenitor Virus can do this without any extra influence, C-Virus or not.

I'm wondering about the significance of the VHS tape Leon uses the view the C-Virus footage and the 80's style computer readout. Nothing more than a simple red herring or possible indication the C-Virus is older than we think?

With regards to Jake's age, he indicates in Wesker's Report 2 that they were far too busy to consider family and he wonders how Birkin had time for one. I'd suggest Jake was born after 1991 when Wesker transferred to the Information Department and gave up his research duties.
              By the time Wesker becomes STARS commander he will have walked out on his family so I'd say Jake is between 19-23 years old.
              Last edited by TheBatMan; 04-14-2012, 12:56 PM.
              "I've got 100 cows."
              "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Originally posted by TheBatMan View Post
                There will be more to it then that, don't worry. The original strain of the Progenitor Virus can do this without any extra influence, C-Virus or not.

I'm wondering about the significance of the VHS tape Leon uses the view the C-Virus footage and the 80's style computer readout. Nothing more than a simple red herring or possible indication the C-Virus is older than we think?

With regards to Jake's age, he indicates in Wesker's Report 2 that they were far too busy to consider family and he wonders how Birkin had time for one. I'd suggest Jake was born after 1991 when Wesker transferred to the Information Department and gave up his research duties.
                By the time Wesker becomes STARS commander he will have walked out on his family so I'd say Jake is between 19-23 years old.
                I'm sure there will be, so I'm not to worried. Thinking about it now though, it could be possible that perhaps the C-Virus originates from Progenitor in some form? It does seem to turn people into zombies, so perhaps its the T-virus as well. I guess we'll find out when the game is out. Interesting, nonetheless though.

As for the video tape, I agree. Perhaps it's something Alex Wesker has been working on behind the scenes for years now? If not him, possibly Ada's organization. Gah, so many questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Spera01 View Post
                  I'm sure there will be, so I'm not to worried. Thinking about it now though, it could be possible that perhaps the C-Virus originates from Progenitor in some form? It does seem to turn people into zombies, so perhaps its the T-virus as well. I guess we'll find out when the game is out. Interesting, nonetheless though.

As for the video tape, I agree. Perhaps it's something Alex Wesker has been working on behind the scenes for years now? If not him, possibly Ada's organization. Gah, so many questions.
                  Could be yeah as we know the Progenitor Virus cannot create B.O.W.s on its own.

Ada's organization has to be explored in this game. Has to.
                  "I've got 100 cows."
                  "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Why? We all know it's McDonalds anyway... err, uh spoiler...

Comment

Well if his name is Jake MULLER then that says it all right there. He was brought up by the mother and therefore can explain why Jake and probably even Albert had no idea about each other. I am praying that Jake was concieved like a normal baby and none of this test tube nonsense especially if we already have clones. The real question is if Albert knew would he have packed in all this end the world nosense and became a fulltime soccerdad.

Comment

Wesker paid child support. He just never sent out birthday cards. It says a lot when the photo in his desk is that of Rebecca Chambers rather than his baby boy.

Comment

Working...
                        X