Resident Evil: Damnation hitting theaters in October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
    (I blindly blame Sony Pictures for that; no evidence needed, as I honestly refuse to believe Capcom would be responsible for such an impressively stupid decision.)
    Depends on if the real issue was who paid the cost and how long it was before they wanted the US release. The sync would have had to been changed by Capcom and that would have required working on the changes and then re-rendering the entire film out. I don't think it would have been a quick and cheap process. I'm fairly certain the budget wasn't great for it either but given that it did reasonably well I expect they got a better one for the sequel.

Comment

I don't think the sync problems are that bad if there was an original Japanese cast. Dubs are pretty common and aren't always going to look right. And this was a nice little film for the fans who wanted a genuine biohazard film that wasn't like the Anderson movies. What they need to improve on is emotions. This is only a technical fault. I know Paul Mercier is a great actor, but he can't convey the Leon he's best known for when the look and movements of his character are rather wooden in this movie. This of course is under the assumption that they were dubbing their performances instead of reading the script freely or in RE5's case having their actors use mocap for physical and facial performances. It really made all the difference for their cutscenes compared to the dramatic turn of events for Degeneration.

Comment

I find myself completely unable to read it as anything other than "Resident Evil, Damnation!" like an old timey English gentleman swearing.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
          I thought that DEGEN had 3 major problems:

1: The pacing of the film felt really off.

2: The characters felt really stupid at times, especially the SWAT cops in the beginning.

3: The film took as many action movie cliches as it could, and they hurt to watch.

The film major inside me hurts thinking about the film, it was a really missed opportunity to do something really good. Just because its a step up from the live action films, doesn't mean its good, sadly.
          Well, consider that almost no one, aside from the director, had any previous experience doing films. Most of the team behind Degeneration had only worked on cutscenes. And if there is one thing that stands-out from most Japanese-made cutscenes, is how cliche they can be (ripping-off American movies at every turn).
          Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
          sigpic

Comment

Worst thing about Degeneration to me was the inconsistent quality of the characters. Use the bodyguards for an example, simply horrible.
            Last edited by Dracarys; 04-22-2012, 04:35 PM.
            Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by WeskerSexyCheez View Post
              I find myself completely unable to read it as anything other than "Resident Evil, Damnation!" like an old timey English gentleman swearing.
              I think of it as Resident Evil DAMN-ation, something alike to Ron Simmons.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Originally posted by WeskerSexyCheez View Post
                I agree.
                Mmm, quite.

Comment

Just a shame they showed the same god damn trailer again XD

Comment

According to IMDb, practically every RE character is in this film.

Including Steve "The Perv" Burnside.
                    Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                    sigpic

Comment

So 'Lone Wolf' is in this too?

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                        According to IMDb, practically every RE character is in this film.

Including Steve "The Perv" Burnside.
                        And they'll all be voiced by James Earl Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by alexdz View Post
                          And they'll all be voiced by James Earl Jones.
                          Because silly people edit it , and put fake information instead of legit ones for the laughs ....
                          Darkness : Tactical reload wasn't even in deadly silence LMAO
                          ^ Lol ...

Comment

Naw-uh! This is legit!

Comment

omg Leon again? ew.

Comment

Originally posted by djepic112 View Post
                                omg Leon again? ew.
                                You new here or something? This trailer has been out for over a year now.

Comment

Working...
                                X