Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
    I have no faith in this game.
    I find your lack of faith disturbing...especially when all we've seen is concept art, ya goober! Just wait a little longer!

If I can say Alan Wake looks interesting in its concept phase, before seeing how shitty and flat it ended up as, you can do the same.

Comment

The Evil Within Debut Trailer

Project ZWEI is called 'The Evil Within', the first trailer is a live action trailer and by GOD, does it look horrifying.
      I'm extremely hyped for this. 2014 can't come closer.

Comment

Screenshots look very promising.
        sigpic

Comment

Looks like Hellraiser the game. This is not a bad thing. Too much overgore for me to take very seriously, though. Horrifying images do not horror make.

Comment

Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
            I have no faith in this game.
            Congratulations.

It's a third-person shooter, I'd hold off on the survival horror exclamations for now. But the design work looks impressive (backgrounds and creatures especially).

Originally posted by BrionIrons View Post
            Well I have faith.If Mikami can make a masterpiece called Resident Evil.He can do it again.
            He didn't make it. Compared to most others who worked on the series, he's done very little.
            Last edited by News Bot; 04-19-2013, 10:07 AM.
            PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

I think The Evil Within will be like RE4 but with more horror.

Comment

It looks as if Silent Hill and RE were to have a baby. Definitely seems interesting!

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                  Looks like Hellraiser the game. This is not a bad thing. Too much overgore for me to take very seriously, though. Horrifying images do not horror make.
                  Over gore? O.o I didnt really see any gore, yeah theres the mass of tentacles that spew out of the box things head but that was about it.

Comment

...not sure if you saw the same trailer I did, then. The guy with a safe for a head is covered in blood (you can see it down his front and possibly on the meat-tenderiser style hammer when he's comming down in a lift), there's a charred or skinned corpse wrapped in barbwire, the woman with four arms rises from a pool of blood...and I'm not counting the more minor stuff, like the guy who seems to have jagged glass embedded in his scars or the frantically rubbing blood on a photo. I barely noticed when Safe Head erupted tentacles (and why the hell does he have a safe for a head, anyway?).

For a two minute video, it felt too much like, 'Look at the gore, it's gonna be scary!'

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                      He didn't make it. Compared to most others who worked on the series, he's done very little.
                      Bullshit.

Its like saying that Michael Jackson doesn't deserve any credit for the Moonwalk because he first had to learn it from some street kids who in turn got it from some dancer from the 1930's.

Revisionists... bleh.

On topic... need to see more of this game to form an opinion. It looks good but too early to tell.
                      Last edited by Pikminister; 04-19-2013, 01:58 PM.
                      Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Grem View Post
                        I think The Evil Within will be like RE4 but with more horror.
                        Originally posted by Spera01 View Post
                        It looks as if Silent Hill and RE were to have a baby. Definitely seems interesting!
                        This intrigues me. I watched the trailer posted above and I have to say... meh. Obviously there was no gameplay footage, so I'm not able to give my opinion on that as of yet, but the trailer itself left me really blase. The safe-headed fellow screams "LOOK AT ME! I'M PYRAMID HEAD, ONLY THE SHAPE OF MY HEAD WAS CHANGED FOR COPYRIGHT REASONS!" I'm sure it's meant to symbolize the "evil within" someone's mind, more than likely the Player Character... wait, that's Pyramid Head again, isn't it? XD

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                        Bullshit.

Its like saying that Michael Jackson doesn't deserve any credit for the Moonwalk because he first had to learn it from some street kids who in turn got it from some dancer from the 1930's.

Revisionists... bleh.
                        Oh, good show. Another opportunity to watch NewsBot fact-bludgeon someone to within an inch of losing their their dignity.
                        Last edited by AsteroidBlues; 04-19-2013, 02:00 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AsteroidBlues View Post
                          Oh, good show. Another opportunity to watch NewsBot fact-bludgeon someone to within an inch of losing their their dignity.
                          Don't worry kid... When it comes to canon, I don't mess with him on that.

But I know enough to know that Mikami is not some talentless hack that somehow got branded "The father of Resident Evil" based on nothing but his good looks.

Its like people saying that Shigeru Miyamoto deserves no credit from what he did with Zelda and Mario, because they claim he did nothing in terms of actual game development.
                          Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                          sigpic

Comment

Bullshit.

Revisionists... bleh.
                            Can you name one thing Mikami did in BH1?

Comment

Don't worry kid... When it comes to canon, I don't mess with him on that.

But I know enough to know that Mikami is not some talentless hack that somehow got branded "The father of Resident Evil" based on nothing but his good looks.

Its like people saying that Shigeru Miyamoto deserves no credit from what he did with Zelda and Mario, because they claim he did nothing in terms of actual game development.
                              Damn. I was looking forward to watching that.

Regardless, after reading all material Newsie has on the topic, I have to agree with him. I didn't really do that much, he just became a poster boy of sorts.
                              sigpic

Comment

The game is off to a good start...

Comment

Working...
                                X