Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Zwei" New survival horror gamer from Shinji Mikami

-----

Zwei is the code name of the game, be nice to have some survival horror again from one of the men who spear headed it.

Wonder what the game will be about?

UPDATE:

The game's genre is survival horror. Mikami says that he went with this genre because he wanted to make a game that meets player expectations, and he felt that survival horror, the genre at which he's most adept, would be the most rewarding. He also listened to the opinions at meetings with Zenimax (Tango's parent).

Although initial planning started at the end of 2010, development appears to be quite early. The game's basic settings are about half way complete. It also appears that the game's platform isn't final, although Mikami said that it would probably be HD consoles.

Now that the basics are coming together, development will be speeding up from here on out. Tango is looking for staff, with Mikami saying he's particularly interested in talented programmers.

Mikami appears to be happy with his current development environment, saying that it's pretty much ideal. Bethesda's role in the game is mostly through support as a publisher.

So what does the name "Zwei" mean for the game? Mikami says that it does mean 2. However, this apparently has nothing to do with the game's content.

Famitsu was able to get some image boards from the game. Regarding the image boards, Mikami said to expect the game's atmosphere to be close to what you see there.

Famitsu.com often shares a few images from the print magazine later in the week, so we may get our first look at Zwei shortly.
    Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
    sigpic

Comment

Mikami can do no wrong. I say bring it!!!
      sigpic

Comment

If that artwork is a view of the game's general art direction... count me the fuck in.
        PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

~WOW. This looking horrifyingly gorgeous. <3

Comment

While most of the last few Mikami games haven't appealed to me, this looks...interesting.

Although I think a scene from the middle of the game may have escaped from the Last of Us development.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                While most of the last few Mikami games haven't appealed to me, this looks...interesting.

Although I think a scene from the middle of the game may have escaped from the Last of Us development.
                Not necessarily.

Why shouldn't they use that same look? That particular look was inspired by films and books and docs that actually have come out before the Last of Us. Such as the film "I Am Legend" and Alan Weisman's "Earth Without People".

The Last of Us pretty much lifted that same look from those as well. And some other games too, that came before it.

Last edited by Pikminister; 04-25-2012, 01:18 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Oh, I know - I read and watch enough apocalypse stories to be familiar with the image. It simply seemed very out of place with the other production images.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

This game is a long way's off. Try to keep it in your pants, folks.

Comment

But my pants are a long way off ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                          But my pants are a long way off ;)
                          Same here, my friend...same here.

Comment

Fuck Mikami.
                            See you in hell.

Comment

Working...
                            X