No announcement yet.

"Zwei" New survival horror gamer from Shinji Mikami

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, you know full well he's not alone. I've been bitching about the lack of horror in RE4 for years.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
      Oh, you know full well he's not alone. I've been bitching about the lack of horror in RE4 for years.
      And you've been doing it wrong, for years.

I thought we had already agreed that RE4 had horror elements in it. Because it does. The setting, plot and the general atmosphere, is certainly horrific in nature. Not the type of stuff you find in a typical Kirby game, for instance..... (>")>

What we also agreed upon (or so I thought), was that being scared of those horror elements is entirely up to each individual. It's entirely subjective. Some find the horror elements within RE3 to be scary. I didn't. Yet the survival elements in RE3, made up for that. Big time.

So what RE4 really lacks are those pesky SURVIVAL elements that RE games had been missing for such a long time. The survival factor is something that RE4 needed to enhance the horror elements that were definitely in it. Because when you mix survival + horror you get a game that can be very, very tense... and yes, even scary.
      Last edited by Pikminister; 04-29-2012, 12:54 PM.
      Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
      sigpic

Comment

True. It has horror elements in it, but other elements tend to counteract them (Most Leon). Perhaps it would be more accurate to say I'm bitching about the lack of effective horror? Also, more eyeballs and tentacles do not equal scary.

Comment

Great, another thread about RE4/RE5, and which of them destroyed the genre/renewed the genre/has survival/lacks survival/has horror/lacks horror/etc...
          lostreleases // demopals

Comment

I am enthusiastic for Zwei right now, but if they show a US Marine with a full arsenal of big GUNZ pwning Zweis, then I will simply stop caring. I want classic horror, with ambiance, creepy mansion, the works, the whole nine yards!!!
            Last edited by The_15th; 05-01-2012, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
              True. It has horror elements in it, but other elements tend to counteract them (Most Leon). Perhaps it would be more accurate to say I'm bitching about the lack of effective horror? Also, more eyeballs and tentacles do not equal scary.
              Tell that to the RE5 design team.

Comment

I'd love to.

Comment

What the holy shit crap I got scared by that screenshot! Bring it on Mikami! I guess it will be the triumphant return of survival horror to the gaming world, seriously I've never been so scared by a videogame character like...
                  Hail the heros of the revolution!

Comment

Just thought I'd leave this here. . .

Man, does this article get me all hyped up. Mikami is just simply one of the best game designers ever, although they're are a couple holes in games he's made I do need to catch up on.(Namely, God's Hand, Vanquish, and Shadows of the Damned).
                    sigpic

Comment

Did you find any polyps up there?
                      See you in hell.

Comment

Room for one more Spencer

Comment

Originally posted by Aleff View Post

What the holy shit crap I got scared by that screenshot! Bring it on Mikami! I guess it will be the triumphant return of survival horror to the gaming world, seriously I've never been so scared by a videogame character like...
                          I don't find it scary, it looks like a purse poodle.

Comment

I have no faith in this game.
                            Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
                              I have no faith in this game.

Well I have faith.If Mikami can make a masterpiece called Resident Evil.He can do it again.
                              sigpic
                              www.unitedstateslines.net

Comment

I will hold my opinion for when I actually see gameplay. After Shadows of the Damned though, I'm not quite sure what to think. Hopefully this will be good. It'll be nice to have a survival horror game come out today and not be an indie title.

Comment

Working...
                                X