Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Downpour and HD Collection getting patched.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Come on , i hope these patches fix the silly frame drop , Btw the screaming voice in "Fukuro/Vlaltiel behind the glass" Room seems a bit lowered .... is that supposed to be fukuros/Lisa's scream ? O.O
    Darkness : Tactical reload wasn't even in deadly silence LMAO
    ^ Lol ...

Comment

Whoever wants to pick up Silent Hill: Downpour in the US. Now is the time! It's being sold at Bestbuy for measly $19.99 (one day only)

I recommend ordering it online and set the shipping for 'Store pick-up'.

Comment

Okay, probably not the right thread for this, but I'm not sure where to ask it. I'm looking at getting into the Silent Hill series, starting with Downpour. I'd like to get the 1st one via PSN. My question, is there a specific order that I should play these in storywise?

Comment

Thankfully the series isn't too convoluted to where you need to play particular ones in a certain order. If you're inclined to play them all then just play them as they were released.

Like Resident Evil Zero, Origins gives away too much of the first game's plot so it's best to play the prequel after the first one. But start with 1-4, Origins, Homecoming, Shattered Memories and finally Downpour. You'll find most of them can be found on PS2 and PS3. Though be weary of the HD collection as that was a poor HD port of 2 and 3.

If you're having a problem finding some of the titles then don't sweat it. Only a select few actually act as companion pieces to the first game. The beauty of this series is that most of them are their own separate self contained story that has minor hints and references to the earlier games.

Comment

Thanks! I'll start with 1, but what about 2 and 3? I'm unaware of what the issues are in the HD ports. Is it anything like the underscaled cutscenes in Separate Ways or the compressed menu sounds? Am I better off buying the PS2 versions?

Comment

It's just bad all around. RE4 HD may be upscaled, but at least the game was playable. When you go through SH2 and 3 in HD you'll find that it lacks in over all quality from frame rate drops and slow down to bugs and glitches that cripple the experience. The new voice actors can't even factor properly because the game can't even sync the voices to the characters. To this day it remains a lesson of what not to do when making an HD port.

Comment

Working...
              X