Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do horror fans really want survival horror to make a comeback?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
    No idea. I've only played the game twice, when it was released, but I distinctly remember just seeing the cloud approaching and going, 'Well, shit' trying to switch from my handgun to a magnum and being shanked.
    lol I'm with Dracarys. The reapers were pretty great... and they did make a LOT of hooplah when they went on the war path and I'm a little confused as to how you missed them as well. As for trying to switch to a decent weapon, that's what the 1-9 number keys are for, to switch from item to item in the inventory without opening the inventory. Instant weapon changes.

Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
    Yeah, they spit some form of nasty into the air to blind you, but they need get close first to even do this.
    I hated when that happened. :S Everything goes swirly then you're just trying to hit it through soup. XD
    sigpic

Comment

Really? I'm the only person Reapers snuck up on first time through? Wow. I feel kinda crappy now.

Comment

I never cared about the Reapers, didn't even know they could kill you with one hit until my second playthrough, to me they always were "the easier version of the Novistadores".

Comment

Originally posted by alexdz View Post
          I never cared about the Reapers, didn't even know they could kill you with one hit until my second playthrough, to me they always were "the easier version of the Novistadores".
          Damn those novistadores... damn them to hell, I hated those things. XD

Back on topic; I think we all have to accept that those dadblasted kids these days like a different kind of scare than us old timers enjoy. What with their moving while shooting, epic soundtracks and those ridiculous "save points"- why, when I was a kid we didn't have any fiddlyjibbin' save points. We had to play the game in one sitting, and we were thankful! We'll forever be screaming "Bring back old school horror" and "get off my damn lawn, you consarnin' whippersnappers!"
          sigpic

Comment

dead space 3 will be best ( it will have coop!!) gonna be amazing.

Comment

Depends on how they do Dead Space 3 - forced co-op worked terribly for RE5, and may well be a problem in RE6 (despite the producers declaring that the only way to tell the difference between a human and the AI is if the human is really dumb...) but I could certainly see optional co-op in Dead Space 3 being cool. Or a separate co-op themed campaign.

Comment

You think it worked terrible for resident evil 5 i dont
                i think it worked out pretty well, i had alot of fun with the coop for a long long time.
                Last edited by rehunk88; 05-12-2012, 01:50 PM.

Comment

It's OK if you have a partner. Not great, because the partner takes away from what little tension and horror there is - you know if you screw up someone else is there to help you.

But if you have to play with the games AI? Yeeeeeah.

Comment

I played of course resident evil 5 first time with the ai and i never had any problems it worked like a charm.

Comment

I couldn't even get past the demo with Sheva on Suicide Mode.

Comment

"I played through Resident Evil 5 with my best bud over seven times since we started college, and the only horror I had to survive through was the reality that I wasn’t playing a true survival horror game. But that’s ridiculous, right? I mean, I’m playing a Resident Evil title—the godfather of the survival horror genre. Instead, we fought our way through African shanty towns on a sunny day, swamps with a partly cloudy forecast, ruins that vaguely remind of the set from Legends of the Hidden Temple, and a cargo ship all in a hail of shotgun blast and boulder punching nonstop action. Granted, I would be rocking back in forth in fetal position if I ever found myself in a Ugandan shanty town, but in the context of what is supposed to be a survival horror game, it just doesn’t work"

More here: Survival Horror, Where Art Thou?
                        Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                        sigpic

Comment

Well remember it was the first time capcom did a real real coop in resident evil as campain ( i dont count outbreak this time around) but yeah they learn from there mistakes and what i saw so fare of re 6 im very pleased with..

Look at the facts ( raccon city look alike, zombies,darkness creepy areas) so i say capcom learned from resident evil 5´s mistakes.

Comment

Not entirely. Run and gun, power slide escapes and, yes, more forced co-op aren't helping them. Plus beating B.O.W's to death with your bare hands for 1/3 of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                              Not entirely. Run and gun, power slide escapes and, yes, more forced co-op aren't helping them. Plus beating B.O.W's to death with your bare hands for 1/3 of the game.
                              Well its your choice if you want to or not there is alittle bit of everything for everyone in re 6 ( the dead space horror ) leon campain, (the action) chris´s campain kinda like resident evil 5 and then we got the new one combat hand to hand against bows ,zombies .. but i also find it very interesting Because if the story is good it could work out very well. im very excited to see that part.
                              Last edited by rehunk88; 05-12-2012, 03:35 PM.

Comment

There's no reason the Chris and Alex parts can't also be good and scary, even with there gameplay - I just doubt Capcom's willing to do anything than try and grab CoD players. As for story...well, it's featuring clones, a main character who can probably a tank to death and a global infection. Not promising if you've seen the third RE movie.

That said, the plot might be good, and hopefully the plot will even be in the game rather than scattered through Japanese-only guidebooks.

Comment

Working...
                                X