Resident Evil Games Timeline Chronological Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil Games Timeline Chronological Order

With Resident Evil 6 only six months away I think its prefect time to start my routine series recap. I just wanted to double check that I have the order right and need help with The Outbreak series and where it should fit in. This is how I have it without Outbreak File 1 + 2.

Resident Evil Zero
    Resident Evil Remake
    Resident Evil 3 Up untill Jill is infected
    Resident Evil 2
    Resident Evil 3 After Jill recovers
    Resident Evil Survivor
    Weskers Report
    Resident Evil Code Veronica
    Resident Evil Survivor 2
    Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles (Operation Javier)
    Dead Aim
    Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles (Russian Missions)
    Resident Evil 4
    Seperate Ways
    Resident Evil Revelations
    Resident Evil Degeneration
    Resident Evil Lost In Nightmares
    Resident Evil 5 + Desperate Escape

So do I have them in the right order? Im pretty sure thats it. I just need to know where Outbreak 1+2 would fit in. I wont be playing Gaiden, Watching Paul Anderson movies, 4d Excecuter, Only playing the missions stated above in the Chronicles series, no mobile phone games, only the Remake version of Resident Evil 1. Apart from that is there anything I'm missing.

EDIT: I'd also like to know where Weskers Report part 2 fits in.
    Last edited by CrimsonElder; 04-28-2012, 08:45 PM.

Lets see:

- Wesker's report II should be at the very beginning.
    - Wesker's report (The 1st one) is not canon.
    - Survivor 2, News Bot considers it canon but I just can't. Even if it's a dream how can Claire know Nemesis? Alexia's transformations?
    - Since both Outbreaks have different scenarios on different times, I really don't know how you could do them. Maybe look at the PU timeline and play them in that order.
    - You forgot all of UC scenarios: Death Door, Rebirth, etc.
    - The 4th survivor, I don't know what version of Hunk's scenario is canon though: UC or RE2.

Man I wished I had my PS2 to play Dead Aim and the Outbreaks again.
    Last edited by Vito; 04-28-2012, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vito View Post
      Lets see:

- Wesker's report II should be at the very beginning.
      - Wesker's report (The 1st one) is not canon.
      - Survivor 2, News Bot considers it canon but I just can't. Even if it's a dream how can Claire know Nemesis? Alexia's transformations?
      - Since both Outbreaks have different scenarios on different times, I really don't know how you could do them. Maybe look at the PU timeline and play them in that order.
      - You forgot all of UC scenarios: Death Door, Rebirth, etc.
      - The 4th survivor, I don't know what version of Hunk's scenario is canon though: UC or RE2.

Man I wished I had my PS2 to play Dead Aim and the Outbreaks again.
      Thanks this was a great help I completely forgot about the Umbrellla Chronicles bonus missions. Shame about Weskers Report 2 because I have already started RE Zero and didnt want to have to back track. Why is Weskers Report 1 not considered canon? Is it because of the inconsistency or is it offically not canon?

I dont know what to think about Survivor cant say I have given it much thought but I have only completed it the one time and will give it another go for the hell of it.

So I have edited my list now.

Weskers Report 2
      Resident Evil Zero
      Umbrella Chronicles Beginnings
      Umbrella Chronicles Nightmare
      Resident Evil Remake
      Umbrella Chronicles Rebirth
      Resident Evil 3 Up untill Jill is infected
      Resident Evil 2
      Umbrella Chronicles Fourth Survivor
      Umbrella Chronicles Deaths Door
      Resident Evil 3 After Jill recovers
      Resident Evil Survivor
      Weskers Report
      Resident Evil Code Veronica
      Resident Evil Survivor 2
      Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles (Operation Javier)
      Dead Aim
      Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles (Russian Missions)
      Umbrella Chronicles Dark Legacy
      Resident Evil 4
      Seperate Ways
      Resident Evil Revelations
      Resident Evil Degeneration
      Resident Evil Lost In Nightmares
      Resident Evil 5 + Desperate Escape

Surley thats about right now. I just cant decide where to put in Outbreak so much going on at that point like I said I dont want to back track.

Comment

Wesker's Report is canon. I'll have a full list soon, as I intend to stream a full playthrough of the entire series with narration on the plot.
        PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

But it has contradictions.

That's the same reason Prelude to the Fall isn't considered canon.

Comment

Originally posted by Vito View Post
            But it has contradictions.

That's the same reason Prelude to the Fall isn't considered canon.
            Actually, the only contradiction it contains is the "anti-Umbrella organization", which was due to the fact that the BH3 Epilogue Files weren't written at the time. Hiroki Katoh and the planners had to come up with something. The revised report is much better. The first version and the video (which was rushed) are not canon, though.

Prelude to the Fall isn't considered canon because it wasn't written by CAPCOM and they have never acknowledged it.
            Last edited by News Bot; 04-29-2012, 01:04 AM.
            PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

just a query I thought survivor 2 took place before code veronica? It was a dream claire had while in her cell? I could be wrong

Comment

Survivor 2 takes place during CV:X.
                See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by C0deM0nkey View Post
                  just a query I thought survivor 2 took place before code veronica? It was a dream claire had while in her cell? I could be wrong
                  I'm not sure to be honest, but I thought this was AFTER the events of CV:X, while she's on the plane with Chris. Still I don't know how a dream can be canon? Maybe News Bot can explain that to us (haven't played the game btw, no American release makes it harder to find/play)

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Why does nemesis appear in Survivor 2 ? Never played it , but nemesis being there doesn't make sense , They were probably going to put nemesis in RE:CV ?

@CrimsonElder‎ , Also it should be Resident Evil 4 + Separate Ways , cause both happen in the same time
                    Last edited by Mrox2; 04-29-2012, 07:27 AM.
                    Darkness : Tactical reload wasn't even in deadly silence LMAO
                    ^ Lol ...

Comment

I think that its quite possible that nemesis was intended to be in Code Veronica seeing as it was intended to be the third in the series if I'm not mistaken. I guess they just included him for the sake of it - suggesting that the game wasn't actually intended to be canon?

@Beanovsky Durst you are correct I was wrong about when it takes place, I own the game but considering its not vey good I've never bothered getting that far into it.

Wasn't Chris investigating Umbrella in Europe? I think Nemesis was developed by Umbrella France/Germany so perhaps he mentioned it to Claire? regardless pretty big loophole

Comment

Originally posted by Beanovsky Durst View Post
                        I'm not sure to be honest, but I thought this was AFTER the events of CV:X, while she's on the plane with Chris. Still I don't know how a dream can be canon? Maybe News Bot can explain that to us (haven't played the game btw, no American release makes it harder to find/play)
                        It takes place while she is asleep on the plane with Steve en route to Antarctica.
                        "I've got 100 cows."
                        "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Survivor 2 isn't canon. How the fuck could dream be a canon?!
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Chris View Post
                            Survivor 2 isn't canon. How the fuck could dream be a canon?!
                            It isn't. But theoretically it takes place while she is asleep on the plane, as referenced by Claire's monologue.
                            "I've got 100 cows."
                            "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Originally posted by TheBatMan View Post
                              It takes place while she is asleep on the plane with Steve en route to Antarctica.
                              Are you sure? Because I recall a transformed Alexia being in the game and that hasnt happened by that point. I think its when they are flying home after the game ends.

Originally posted by Mrox2 View Post
                              @CrimsonElder‎ , Also it should be Resident Evil 4 + Separate Ways , cause both happen in the same time
                              Yeah thats how I have it going to play Re4 and then Seperate Ways. Same for Re5 and then Desperate Escape.

Comment

Working...
                              X