Greg Mueller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greg Mueller

I wonder if this guy (http://projectumbrella.net/articles/Greg-Mueller) has anything to do with Jake Mueller's history?
    That is so Money.

They're unrelated. Different surnames, and the spin-off titles are pretty stand-alone.

EDIT: Well, their surname is probably the same in Japanese, I haven't checked. But Greg Mueller isn't really important enough, and doesn't really fit in a plot point that focuses on Wesker.
    Last edited by News Bot; 04-29-2012, 02:30 PM.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

At the end of the day... too much growth weakens an organisation... What should be important becomes overshadowed with greed....

Mass Production?! Ridiculous!!!!

(Greg was perhaps referring to the Wesker children - lols)
      http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
      http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
      Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

The last names are spelled differently. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Jake's mom once worked for Umbrella.

Comment

How different? Mueller=Müller.

Comment

Can confirm that their name is the same in Japanese.

ミューラー
            PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

If that's the case then Capcom can reference him if they need to. RE6 had better have tons of flashbacks to tie all this madness together once and for all.

Comment

(Be prepared to read a lot of "perhaps" and "what if's". You're now entering the Omega Zone... Doo dee doo doo... Doo dee doo doo... Doo dee doo doo... )

After playing the SpecOps DLC and now after watching previews for Resident Evil 6, I can't help but think about Sherry's past.

Being 12 in 1998 places her time of birth as being about 1986. Before that, William Birkin managed to court Annette, get married, and then started a family. But this begs the question, "What about Wesker?" Even though Wesker is made out to be cold and calculating almost reptilian creature, his human nature could have persevered at a "moment of weakness". But perhaps he only became that way because he suffered a great loss? Perhaps a loss so great it consumed the human side of himself and he became the Wesker we know today?

First, lets discuss Jake's age; how old is he? I haven't seen anything on this yet (although I haven't really looked so shame on me), however out of straight up assumption from what I know about mercenaries, the typical age of a mercenary in Eastern Europe is between 20-40, give or take a few years (keep in mind this is an average). I doubt Jake is in the upper age group, so lets take a stab at mid-to-late 20's. This would place his birth year between 1983 and 1988, so he could very well be the same age as Sherry Birkin, if not older.

If Jake is indeed older, then perhaps William Birkin only followed Wesker's example when he had Sherry. Out of the two of them, Albert was probably the dominant personality, where as Birkin was the submissive. Wesker seems like the one who did things first, and if it seemed safe, William would follow suit. Keep in mind that from 1981 to 1983 William Birkin was obsessed with being better than Alexia Ashford and was consumed and obsessed with his work, which would have given Wesker the "free time" to court a lady and even get her pregnant (this is the 80's after all and Women in the mid-west still cared about courtship and stuff). Wesker and Birkin were both in their mid-20's during this time and Wesker could have very well had a son and maybe even a wife. Seeing the joy a child could give Wesker, Birkin may have entertained the thought of giving it a shot, however after Alexia "died" in 1983, this probably was the catalyst he needed to start seeking a romantic interest and to start a family.

Ozwell Spencer was a very calculating man. Perhaps he saw Wesker starting a family as a threat to his "master plan" and a threat to the Wesker Children program and didn't want him to just "settle down" with a wife and child so he took steps to get rid of them. Or rather, took steps to make it look that way in a very realistic manner. With the death of his son, this could have caused Wesker to disconnect with his emotional self and we get the cold monster we know today. This would also explain why Wesker shifts his line of work from Bio-Genetic Engineering and R&D and goes into Intelligence. It also explains why it is at this time that he actually starts to question Spencer's motives and uses his new position to spy on Spencer.

Perhaps Wesker found the truth he was looking for about his family along the way, and when he found Spencer, he crushed his heart, because Spencer did the same to him when he got rid of his family...

Another thing to notice is that if Wesker did have a kid in the early 80's, then he would be the same age as another kid who got infected with a strain of the T-Virus and managed to absorb it into his body and appear dead: Steve Burnside.

What if Steve happened to be Wesker's actual son? Then the family Steve thought was his, were only foster parents placed there by Spencer himself as another experiment (perhaps to create the same kind of environment that Wesker grew up in?). Seeing an opportunity arising, Spencer orchestrated the planting of evidence to get Dr. Burnside to appear as if he was going to betray Umbrella. This cause him and his family to be sent to Rockfort Prison Facility. Spencer was probably curious to see if this "Wesker Jr" would pan out to be like his real father...

Do you think Claire being transferred there was a coincidence? She was captured in Paris, France and instead of being transferred to ANY of the closer prison's or holding facilities that Umbrella controlled, she was sent specifically to Rockfort Island; a facility millions of miles away. Perhaps because there was much anti-umbrella groups in Europe she was sent to the farthest possible location. It would explain why Chris was in Eastern Europe at the time (perhaps searching for Claire since he thought Umbrella transferred her to a nearby facility). She could have been used as bait to lure out moles and track information exchanges to fish out informants, however she was sent clear across the world... No doubt, with Spencer's approval.

Do you think the facility would have had any sort of communication with the outside world if HCF had indeed been taking the facility by force? All communications would have been cut and the communications array would have been destroyed at the beginning of the attack. HCF wouldn't have risked the facility calling out for help or back up and the lack of USS (since this is the USS training ground after all) is rather suspicious. Since RE:Code Veronica takes place several hours after the initial HCF attack, the reason the comms work and the reason Claire was able to get a message to out to Leon (who in turn, contacted Chris), was because that's what she was supposed to do. That was part of Spencer's plan...

No doubt the main reason he kept the comms up was because he was watching everything that was happening (having full control of their security feeds). HCF was just a sub-division within the 3rd Organization and this itself was probably just another company within Spencer's control made to act as a contingency plan to keep control in Spencer's hands and to keep tabs on Wesker; to lead him on "the right path" (Spencer's path).

It was only by chance that Spencer got what he wanted: He got Steve exposed to both the T-Veronica Virus and the antibodies to that strain from Alexia's blood when she administered it to him.

The "T-Alexia" as it's now known is just the end result of that cocktail. Just like the mysterious virus that Wesker got before his trek into the Spencer Estate in 1998, combining the virus and the antibodies in a person could have a drastic effect if the specific genetic components are there, as this was the purpose of the Wesker Children program.

The virus administered to Wesker could have just been a concentrated dose of antibodies to the Progenitor Virus (or a virus designed to spread on a rapid scale through out Wesker's body and instill an immunity to the Progenitor Virus).

Through the miracle of immunology, the T-Virus may share a similar-enough glycoprotein with Progenitor Virus that infection with the T-Virus would be suppressed by Wesker's immune system (due to immunity to the Progenitor Virus), but the genetic modification aspects of the T-Virus would have been passed on through the same mechanism that gave him the immunity, and on a rapid scale, gained the power of a Tyrant after a short "death-like state", not so different then what happens to a zombies when it enters V-ACT).

Having 23 of Wesker's chromosomes, Steve, probably shares the genetic factors which allowed him to absorb the T-Veronica virus and antibodies into his own body and is able to use the virus in the way which Wesker does (perhaps the key to the Wesker Children program lies somewhere on the Y chromosome?)

Now when Wesker carted off Steve's "corpse", he may have made the connection that it was his son, but since that part of him was long dead, he didn't care anymore, or if he did, he put him in an induced coma for a majority of the experimentation. He then extracted the T-Alexia and researched it and coupled with the BOW's he stole from Rockfort Island, he came up with the Jaberwock line of BOW's. With no more use for Steve, Wesker just let him go. He probably had no recollection of his past life due to a reaction of the chemically induced coma but was left with false identification and given the name Jake Mueller as a testament to his dead mother (perhaps related to Dr. Greg Mueller); Jake was his name before he was taken from Wesker and his mother...

In the case where Jake really isn't Steve. Then their could be a possible connection with Gregg, perhaps only as reference to the Daylight vaccine and him somehow getting a sample of it?

I don't know, my head hurts.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	slow-clap.gif
Views:	2
Size:	540.4 KB
ID:	401097

That, sir, was one heck of an epileptic tree.

Comment

As much it would be really cool, there'll not be one connection to Outbreak, it'll never happen sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by [STARS]TyranT View Post
                      As much it would be really cool, there'll not be one connection to Outbreak, it'll never happen sadly.
                      They already have. Kevin Ryman knew about Leon. I know it's tenuous, but this Greg guy is/was there if Capcom needs him.

Project Omega: I think you may be on to something, namely, the importance of not underestimating Spencer's influence. I personally think Wesker's relationship (if it was even that) with Jake's mom was transient in nature. Maybe she was a merc or spy on Umbrella's payroll. But whatever happened, I can totally see Spencer either scaring her off or forcing her to leave so she wouldn't sully his pet project. And maybe Jake's mom was able to keep his existence a secret.

There are a couple things that still aren't clear to me.

1) Where did Jake grow up? We know he's been running around Eastern Europe doing the merc thing, but that's about it. I know lots of people who immigrated to the U.S. from Eastern European countries, and unless they came over as kids, they never really lost their accents. Jake sounds like he's from New Jersey. So what gives?

2) Did Jake have super strength/stamina before getting the mystery injection?

Comment

Originally posted by [STARS]TyranT View Post
                        It's sad really. Those two games really shed light on the final moments of Raccoon City and shared the story of a group of survivors with little to no formal training.
                        Last edited by Project Omega; 05-01-2012, 12:56 PM. Reason: Context correction.

Comment

Yes Kevin knew about Leon, but you misunderstood me.

None of the core titles will ever reference Outbreak. Evening Umbrella Chronicles didn't reference Outbreak and that used the same locations. It just won't ever happen, and I agree Omega, there's stunningly good material in Outbreak dying to be looking into further.

Comment

Ah, okay. I see what you're saying. I guess it's just a testament to the depth and complexity of the RE universe that one little namedrop can send us all scrambling. Every time I think I'm done, they pull me back in. I'm even going to buy a new TV for RE6.

Comment

Working...
                            X