Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daily Mail says: Playing RE4 with a plastic gun can turn you into a MURDERER!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
    Have you ever held or shot a gun?
    Go figure.

Click image for larger version

Name:	7141077233_0c4eb6b426_b.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	354.5 KB
ID:	401103

Comment

Sounds of clattering plastic.

Also, is that a copy of Mortal Kombat I see on your desk?
      Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 05-04-2012, 01:55 AM.
      See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
        Go figure.
        I don't see any analog sticks.
        PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

No need for analog sticks on this one, it gets the job done well enough.

@Spencer: Yes, it's that ulgy MK game.

Comment

I shoot guns and play violent video games. Must make me a killer automatically. I also play airsoft too, I use this training to get ready for the "real" thing.

fucking stupid.

Comment

i made an account just to say, YOU CAN NOT PLAY RE4 WITH A GUN!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by J0shuaKane View Post
                i made an account just to say, YOU CAN NOT PLAY RE4 WITH A GUN!!!!!
                You actually can use the "zapper" with the Wii Edition. But it's too much hassle to use it with that game.

However, just to clarify things a bit, in this study they had people playing the shoot at the targets mini-game, using a plastic gun thingy.
                Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                sigpic

Comment

no you cant, the wii edition is the one i play.

Comment

no you cant, the wii edition is the one i play.
                    Even a kid can do it...

FYI The zapper is merely a plastic add-on that holds your wiimote and nunchuk in place. RE4 doesn't have a button configuration to work with the zapper but you can still work around that hurdle.

Here's another video from the same kid explaining how it works:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9URTI2vV3cU
                    Last edited by Pikminister; 05-06-2012, 08:03 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

WOW! i guess the zapper is compatible with everything if you hold it some ridiculous way!

honestly i just tried it and it does not feel right at all and you really feel retarded trying to swing the knife. may as well try playing mario kart with a zapper next.

point is, i doubt they had people use an accessory not meant for the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                        I saw 'Daily Mail' and stopped reading.
                        My thoughts entirely. I would imagine at some point in the article the Jews & Blacks were blamed for all this, unless written by this wrag's hideous Jan Muir, and then it would be Gays.

Comment

No, I think this one tries to blame video games for Jews, Blacks and Gays because video games make people so violent it broken Space/Time and caused a hideous mutation to occur resulting in 'those' types of people.

It's the Daily Mail. It doesn't have to make sense. Or be true.

Comment

WOW! i guess the zapper is compatible with everything if you hold it some ridiculous way!

honestly i just tried it and it does not feel right at all and you really feel retarded trying to swing the knife. may as well try playing mario kart with a zapper next.

point is, i doubt they had people use an accessory not meant for the game.
                            Don't use the retard thing if you are gonna be lazy with your thinking, bud. Because it's not that hard to figure out how they went about using it in this research/study.

They used a plastic gun (could've been the zapper or one of the other similar plastic guns out there) and did so exclusively while playing the shoot the target mini-game included in RE4 Wii Edition. Where they didn't had to worry about moving about or dodging enemies. But just had to shoot at some targets.

Like I said before, using the zapper when playing RE4 is a hassle (but not impossible). And yet the research team wanted to prove that using a gun device while playing videogames can somehow turn you into a killer. So that's why they went out of their way to use a plastic gun with RE4 Wii Edition.

I hope that makes things a bit clear for you.
                            sigpic

Comment

ok, think about this...

it does feel retarded, as in not right, go and try it.

and they were probably playing umbrella chronicles not 4 and someone screwed up somewhere, seeing how news reports are notorious for being inaccurate.

kind of hard to believe a research group would play the one without the zapper on the back of the case even though most wont play it that way...
                              Last edited by J0shuaKane; 05-07-2012, 11:26 AM.

Comment

ok, think about this...

it does feel retarded, as in not right, go and try it.

and they were probably playing umbrella chronicles not 4 and someone screwed up somewhere, seeing how news reports are notorious for being inaccurate.

kind of hard to believe a research group would play the one without the zapper on the back of the case even though most wont play it that way...
                                It's not about what I think how RE4 should be played (I don't use the zapper with it). That's not the issue here.

Again... The research team wanted to make the point that using a plastic gun with "violent" videogames can somehow make people better at killing - they will always go for headshots. That's the logic that the Daily Mail went with. Thus why they posted that inflammatory headline.

And using a plastic gun was essential in driving that point home. That's why they went about using one with RE4 Wii Edition. The fact that they used it on a game that wasn't designed to be played with a plastic gun, should give you a hint of what their agenda/motivation really was.
                                Last edited by Pikminister; 05-07-2012, 11:38 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X