X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You dare use logic?
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Pik you keep ignoring my points I made before that circumvent yours. Pretending people are mindless and have no idea what they are getting into when they buy a game is a weak argument at best. The reviews are well known, people have friends, comsumers are more informed now than they have ever been. People decide what they want to buy, the name only catches attention, it does not guarantee sales.

Your argument is going against itself too

"On the platforms that ORC came out on, the best selling games are usually action-shooters & most of them hit it big when they're enhanced with co-op and competitive play. On top of that, you got the fact that the RE brand name had become synonimous on those platforms with action-shooters, co-op and competitive gameplay.So right there, you had the best setting possible for ORC to make it big. It had a receptive audience that adores shooters and that had made RE5 a massive hit, previously. And when you combine the two together like ORC did (action-shooter + RE brand name), it was a no-brainer. It would've been very odd and strange if it didn't sell."

So it is the gameplay and features that is causing it to sell...glad we got this sorted.
      Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Pik you keep ignoring my points I made before that circumvent yours.

People decide what they want to buy, the name only catches attention, it does not guarantee sales.
        Who denied this? Nobody said brand name was some uncontrollable force that bends the will of man. The only thing anyone has said in regards to it is that it's a pretty big influence. People are more likely to go with a popular, proven brand that they have enjoyed in the past. This is not only pure logic, it is human nature.

Gotta keep that ORC Defense Force alive somehow I suppose. I mean, obviously the sole reason for its decent sales is the fact that it is a well-designed, critically applauded, well-liked, well-received and groundbreaking game. Do you still regard it as canon?
        Last edited by News Bot; 05-06-2012, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
          "On the platforms that ORC came out on, the best selling games are usually action-shooters & most of them hit it big when they're enhanced with co-op and competitive play. On top of that, you got the fact that the RE brand name had become synonimous on those platforms with action-shooters, co-op and competitive gameplay.So right there, you had the best setting possible for ORC to make it big. It had a receptive audience that adores shooters and that had made RE5 a massive hit, previously. And when you combine the two together like ORC did (action-shooter + RE brand name), it was a no-brainer. It would've been very odd and strange if it didn't sell."[/I]

So it is the gameplay and features that is causing it to sell...glad we got this sorted.
          Um...

(action-shooter + RE brand name)

And you were saying about twisting and warping?
          Last edited by Canas Renvall; 05-07-2012, 12:01 AM.

Comment

It's OK Dracarys, I still love you

Comment

Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
              Um...

(action-shooter + RE brand name)

And you were saying about twisting and warping?
              I did not twist or warp anything. He went from ORC selling on RE name to including the gameplay, if you read the previous discussing you would relaise that was what I was claiming, I said the RE only got the game attention, the gameplay and features are what is selling it.

Comment

I did not twist or warp anything. He went from ORC selling on RE name to including the gameplay, if you read the previous discussing you would relaise that was what I was claiming, I said the RE only got the game attention, the gameplay and features are what is selling it.
                He didn't falter on anything. He said one thing, then said another, then explained why they were connected. It doesn't have to be one certain reason. You just try too hard to pick holes in things when you can't argue against them, because you have nothing to go on aside from your opinion that happens to be wrong virtually all of the time, which is why very few people agree with you. Yet all you have to offer as a rebuttal is something to the effect of insulting the intelligence of anyone that actually does happen to provide sources, evidence, logic and reasoning.

Fact: RE/BH brand name helps sales of Operation Raccoon City.
                Fact: Third Person Shooter gameplay helps sales of Operation Raccoon City. Wider possible userbase.
                Fact: Being on two popular consoles helps sales of Operation Raccoon City. Wider possible userbase.
                Fact: Operation Raccoon City was pummeled by critics. Not generally popular with critics.
                Fact: Operation Raccoon City is not well-liked and is a highly divisive title. Not generally popular with gamers.
                Fact: The development studio behind Operation Raccoon City is not renowned or respected.

Opinion: Operation Raccoon City sells well because it is a good game.
                Opinion: YOU'RE WRONG I'M RIGHT STOP TWISTING I KNOW I DONT HAVE ANY SOURCES OR EVIDENCE BUT YOU ARE STILL WRONG EVEN THOUGH YOU PROVIDED SOME BUT OBVIOUSLY THEY ARE WRONG TOO

You are free to try and back up that opinion. Maybe with showing how popular it was with crit--- oh...

...wait. Well... maybe with gamers?

Nevermind.

It sells for the exact same reasons the Paul Anderson movies still do despite having a proven track record of being utter trash and being repeatedly battered by critics and viewers alike. Numbers are simply not always an indication of quality. You're free to believe what you want, of course. Not very many care for your opinions. But it would be advisable to take a rain check and stop flaunting it as fact when you can't explain why it supposedly is, or provide anything that would lend some credence to the possibility that it even could be. You just refuse to be wrong even when everyone else reaches the consensus that you are.
                Last edited by News Bot; 05-07-2012, 01:36 AM.

Comment

For every RE movies hater you can find someone who loves them. There are penty of people who play and enjoy ORC, I don't think anyone is claiming it is the best game ever but many people who bought it admit despite its flaws it is a fun game, especially with friends. Is there even a point there? Half your facts aren't facts also.

Comment

For every RE movies hater you can find someone who loves them. There are penty of people who play and enjoy ORC, I don't think anyone is claiming it is the best game ever but many people who bought it admit despite its flaws it is a fun game, especially with friends. Is there even a point there? Half your facts aren't facts also.
                    Oh look, a completely false, made-up "ratio" to try and make your opinion seem more credible (because hypothetical shit you think up on the spot counts as evidence, right?), then whipping out the good-old "your facts aren't facts" card yet failing to disprove them.

Still not seeing any supporting evidence from you here. But what else is new.
                    Last edited by News Bot; 05-07-2012, 01:42 AM.

Comment

"Oh look, a completely false, made-up "ratio" to try and make your opinion seem more credible (because hypothetical shit you think up on the spot counts as evidence, right?), then whipping out the good-old "your facts aren't facts" card."

Sad thing is shes right about the films...I hates em and want them to be trashed for the shit they are...But Alexia loves em, so does Canas, I think Spencer is indifferent but still :/

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                        "Oh look, a completely false, made-up "ratio" to try and make your opinion seem more credible (because hypothetical shit you think up on the spot counts as evidence, right?), then whipping out the good-old "your facts aren't facts" card."

Sad thing is shes right about the films...I hates em and want them to be trashed for the shit they are...But Alexia loves em, so does Canas, I think Spencer is indifferent but still :/
                        And yet they are dwarfed by, I dunno, the majority of humanity. You'll always get a small number of people who like something that is objectively a piece of shit. That number is still a minority, regardless of how radical or unbelievable their stance is.

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                          Oh look, a completely false, made-up "ratio" to try and make your opinion seem more credible (because hypothetical shit you think up on the spot counts as evidence, right?), then whipping out the good-old "your facts aren't facts" card yet failing to disprove them.

Still not seeing any supporting evidence from you here. But what else is new.
                          Sorry, but I don't think I need to post evidence that people like the RE movies. Some things are a given fact, that is one of them and I will not get drawn into petty 'prove it' arguments over such things.

You know full well are plenty of people on Capcom-Unity, RE fans, who like the game. Another given fact yet you're playing the part like you do not know. I'm not going to get drawn into this either. Everyone knows where the ORC Unity forum is and is capable of reading it for themselves if they have not already and finding a big mix of people or love, hate or just enjoy the game.

I'm gonna simplify this argument because some people going off track with their claims.

Claim: "RE name is only reason ORC is selling"

For this to be true it needs apply to ALL RE games, the moment try and say it does not the claim is dismissed and outed as biased nonsense created to put down the title, RE name sells or it does not. No picking and choosing with this.

Now some people trying to add in excuses for Revelations not selling, other reasons why ORC is. The moment you do this the claim "RE name is only reason ORC is selling" becomes voided, because you're no longer making it about RE name only. Things like genre, having zombies, co-op play, competitive play, health systems used and a load of other things matter.

Both ORC and Revelations have the RE name, one has sold well, the other has not. This very simple fact shows RE name does not sell alone.

Difference in sales is due the other factors, what those factors are does not matter, those factors simply existing and making the difference in sales is what is important to the original claim "RE name is only reason ORC is selling".

It is the original claim I said was disproved with Revelations, and there it all is.
                          Last edited by Dracarys; 05-07-2012, 02:21 AM.

Comment

You never disappoint.

Some things are a given fact, that is one of them and I will not get drawn into petty 'prove it' arguments over such things.
                            Because you can't prove a thing. Nice cop-out though. If you're not willing to actually provide something that would make you sound less clueless, maybe you shouldn't be spewing bullshit everywhere you go in the first place and then being oh-so-shocked when people call you out on it and disagree with you? Just a thought.

You know full well are plenty of people on Capcom-Unity, RE fans, who like the game. Another given fact yet you're playing the part like you do not know. I'm not going to get drawn into this either. Everyone knows where the ORC Unity forum is and is capable of reading it for themselves if they have not already and finding a big mix of people or love, hate or just enjoy the game.
                            Allow me to pull up, once again, "who said otherwise?". And I dunno why you are bringing up people on Capcom-Unity when you openly insulted them because they happened to agree with me (who provides sources, evidence, logic, reasoning and explanation for everything) and not you (who doesn't). Don't see why you're backpedaling to the "unintelligent masses". Not a single person in this topic said absolutely nobody likes ORC.

Both ORC and Revelations have the RE name, one has sold well, the other has not. This very simple fact shows RE name does not sell alone.
                            You've been proven wrong on this already, several times. Continuing to bring it up only makes you look more clueless. Keep clutching those straws.

Difference in sales is due the other factors, what those factors are does not matter, those factors simply existing and making the difference in sales is what is important to the original claim "RE name is only reason ORC is selling".
                            Who said it was the only factor? Answer this or stop repeating yourself ad verbatim.
                            Last edited by News Bot; 05-07-2012, 02:33 AM.

Comment

Revelations isnt an action game though...also how many more ads for ORC have we seen than for Revelations? I'm still seeing ORC ads floating around :/.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                                Revelations isnt an action game though...also how many more ads for ORC have we seen than for Revelations? I'm still seeing ORC ads floating around :/.
                                She'll throw out those 10 second TV ads that aired for about a week, don't worry.

Comment

Working...
                                X