Re4 Wii vs GCN comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re4 Wii vs GCN comparison

Gametrailers has a video up showing a side by side comparison of the Wii version of Biohazard 4 and the Gamecube version of Resident Evil 4. It appears that everything is intact from the Gamecube version. While that might sound comforting, it is disappointing they didnt brush the title up at all.

Gametrailers comparison

Thanks to AJ!

There was also a bit of confusion this week with a release date being listed for Resident Evil 5 before March 2008. The source of the rumor was from a 1up article detailing Capcom's financial earnings. Since then 1up has stated that this may no be the case, since it seems there was a translation error. They have since prefaced the article with a warning.

1up article
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 06-06-2007, 06:34 AM.

Is it true some of the models have been touched up though? Dr Salvadore comes to mind (having eyes in his burlap sack)

Comment

Well, are the Seperate Ways cut-scenes atleast rendered the same as the others? It'd be dissapointing if they used the recorded ones from the PS2 version.
      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by CiarenDevlin View Post
        Well, are the Seperate Ways cut-scenes atleast rendered the same as the others? It'd be dissapointing if they used the recorded ones from the PS2 version.
        Nope. Furthermore, the PS2 gangster suit doesn't appear in the cutscenes either.

The Wii's texture filtering and image quality make the game look distinctly different (a bit softer) too, but that's not exactly bad news.

EDIT: I should mention that I don't have the game, but I got the info off an online friend who does have the Japanese version.
        Last edited by Umon Daisuke; 06-06-2007, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Wait, you mean the cutscenes are videos!?

Comment

No, they're realtime but there is a noticeable pause before one starts as the costumes revert to the originals. The RPD/gina costumes are intact in the cutscenes though.

Comment

Well thats disappointing. One would think they would have high poly versions for cutscenes of the new alternate ones.

Comment

Here's to hoping it's displayed in true widescreen with no black bars at the top or bottom. That's the least they could do with this brazenly obvious gouge.

Comment

CONFIRMED:
                  Seperate Ways cutscenes are prerendered, at a slightly higher bitrate vs. the PS2 version.

As mentioned, there is a slight but noticeable pause before (and sometimes after) the cutscenes. This happens to me with the PC version aswell, so my only conclusion here is that the system (Wii in this case) preprocess' data faster than it can be displayed/executed.

update_Widescreen Mode still sucks (depending on your TV). On one RCA widescreen display (older model), the black bars are shown. On a newer RCA widescreen hdtv, it's perfect.

Is it true some of the models have been touched up though? Dr Salvadore comes to mind (having eyes in his burlap sack)
                  Although I can't confirm it atm, it's doubtful. If you're lucky enough to have a high-end PC, you can clearly see that the burlap sack is a 3D model applied over a regular Village Ganado's head (the older one with massively receding hairline).

PORT HISTORY:
                  GCN -> PS2 -> PC -> Wii

...lame.
                  Last edited by MeganGrass; 06-22-2007, 08:12 PM.
                  I'm a blackstar.

Comment

well that sucks ..

umbrella chronicles .. save us !

Comment

This is unfortunate news, but not a deal breaker. Playing with the new control scheme will rock, and I never played through Seperate Ways so that'll be a treat, but something like this would've been better accepted as a $10 download or something...

Oh that's right, Nintendo's clueless when it comes to having any kind of online gaming community/service whatsoever. Silly me.

Comment

PS2 or GCN Sofdec?
                        I honestly don't know. Wii DVDs are somehow encrypted; the TOC, all data...
                        I'm a blackstar.

Comment

The back of the box has a new label, Criware. Apparently the new name the Sofdec guys go under.

Comment

Oh. So I have no point in getting RE4 Wii then.

Damnit UC, making me have to buy a Wii even though the game itself is going to suck ;_;
                            PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

I couldn't get a Wii this week since I can't find a store thats got one. But if it shows up at Walmart, a friend of mine is going to save me one. I think I might give RE4 Wii a try. $30.00 isn't too bad if the new gameplay the Wii offers is more fun than the Gamecube version.

Comment

Working...
                              X