Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biohazard Project: Raccoon City Police Department

Hello Everyone.

I would like to share with you a project lead by me and my friend Morgoth.

Biohazard Project is a team of modders and game developers with one simple goal, provide
    fantastic Resident Evil experiences in many different forms.

Moddb Profile: http://www.moddb.com/mods/biohazard-project

From campaigns to survival maps we aim to deliver some of the best experiences for Resident Evil fans. Our first project is the Raccoon City Police Department, a campaign map for the highly successful Half Life 2 modification No More Room in Hell. NMRIH has the perfect gameplay and features for what we needed to bring the RPD to live.

Biohazard Project: Raccoon Police Department Key features.

Campaign: The level consists of almost all areas of the RPD station, from the main lobby, to the third floor and right down to the basement Morgue. All of this done in a fresh and updated look. Following the Leon A scenario you must overcome classic puzzles and new challenges, your goal is to
    unlock the sewer door and escape out of the station alive.

RE2 as a co-op experience: With this campaign we wanted to give the fans a co-op experience
    that felt right at home, adding features that work with co-op but are so familiar to the old school
    fans of the series.

Exploration is Key: Protecting yourself from the undead and creatures requires the right hardware,
    but don't expect these items and weapons to be spoon-fed to you. As a team you must all exploreeach room carefully, check lockers, medicine cabinets, use step ladders to search high places.
    That simple Lead Pipe might start looking like a saving grace after a while!

Music: Our composer has produced a brand new soundtrack, retaining that classic feeling but with a new fresh sound. You will feel right at home.

Team Work: To escape the station alive, you must work as a team to complete puzzles, find weapons and items and fight off the undead and other more powerfull enemies. Don't go wandering off or you might end up infected, could you survive long enough to find your allies? were could they be in this massive building?

Screenshots:

Click image for larger version

Name:	nmo_rpdre2_a1_detail0017.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	406070

Name:	RPD_policereportroom_1.jpg
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	406071

Name:	Licker_Hallway_1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	406072

Name:	nmo_rpdre2_a10045.jpg
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	406073

Name:	RPD_Jewel_Hallway_1.jpg
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	406074

Name:	stars_hallway_2.jpg
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	406075

Name:	nmo_rpdre2_a1_detail0001.jpg
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	406076

Work in Progress Game play Video

Check out our moddb page for all latest media and information, we hope you like what you see and we hope we can release in our Winter 2012 window.

Thanks everyone.
    Last edited by shanemurphy; 05-08-2012, 07:50 AM.

Ok....first thing about this is why the hell is there so much room not being used? I can more than likely fit not only myself but a monster truck in most of those spaces you use to travel through desks etc. Again its another source project I love source like the next person but when will there be any variety?

And for the record was the statue in the main hall actually modeled or did someone on your team just go into the Darkside Chronicles files and extract it? and everything like I already said room wise is way bigger than it should be, other than those little nitpickings it looks good keep going.

Comment

The Fountain is completely made from scratch by me and the lady was done by my other modeler.

Ahhh DXP, I remember you, you are the guy who apparently has "light stuff I got taught for 4 years hence why I have a degree" well not to hurt your feelings DXP but I have seen nothing of yours that impresses me.

Your feedback about the space at the desk's is just a clear sign I cannot take your feedback seriously, tisk fit a monster truck between the desks, thanks for the laugh though. Look at the Main Lobby desk in RE2 and then at ours notice something? RE2's Main Lobby is BIGGER then ours, so I guess that means RE2 is wasting even more room then us eh?

DXP I will listen to all feedback, but yours just seems silly, you do know it's a co-op mod this is for right? not single player.
      Last edited by shanemurphy; 05-06-2012, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Gotta say this is the best rendition of the R.P.D I have seen in any Half-Life 2 mods. The music is epic and the atmosphere is fricking great! I love how you have the party hats in the office and have the original PC monitor screen. Heck even the ID card is the same! Oh this is the closest we will get to a remake of the game.
        My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Originally posted by shanemurphy View Post
          The Fountain is completely made from scratch by me and the lady was done by my other modeler.

Ahhh DXP, I remember you, you are the guy who apparently has "light stuff I got taught for 4 years hence why I have a degree" well not to hurt your feelings DXP but I have seen nothing of yours that impresses me.

Your feedback about the space at the desk's is just a clear sign I cannot take your feedback seriously, tisk fit a monster truck between the desks, thanks for the laugh though. Look at the Main Lobby desk in RE2 and then at ours notice something? RE2's Main Lobby is BIGGER then ours, so I guess that means RE2 is wasting even more room then us eh?

DXP I will listen to all feedback, but yours just seems silly, you do know it's a co-op mod this is for right? not single player.
          Woah asshole much? If you can't take the littlest bit of criticism then maybe you shouldn't even attempt anything like this and leave it to the grown ups. And nothing of mine impresses you? Well boo hoo I don't need to impress you with my skills I leave that to the people who hired me to do my job something you will never do nor will ever get the chance to in your entire lifetime so by all means keep doing these small little mods where you run around with an axe and try to survive while I actually do something I get paid to do, and by the way no you didn't model that statue all that happened was someone ripped it i'm not stupid so trying to pull the wool over my eyes when I've being taught to detect when someone steals someones work is not going to work in this situation.

But what would a games designer like me know? Its all right go back to Hec and you and him can bitch about wanting to do kick ass mods but don't have a single person to help because your both arrogant and don't do a damn thing required to even front a project.

Comment

How did you get over the floor levels making no sense in the RPD?
            Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

This is beautiful. The main hall is very well done and I definitely don't think that it is to big. It's perfect, and I love the "Marvin Room" with the flashlight. Love all the little details in each room, especially that one little poster that said "Welcome Leon!". There's one very minor complaint I have though and it has to do with the windows on the entrance doors of the RPD. Instead of being glass, they look more like part of a chain linked fence. It looks very strange to me anyway. Everything else is spot on! I was hoping you'd show the licker hallway. Extremely impressive, nonetheless.

Comment

DXP man I am a game developer, I am working on unannouced projects and am already in a Indie Studio company, I do freelance work when I can aswell, I wanna thank everyone for the kind words, oh and let me show you guys how the fountain statue is completely custom made, the Darkside Chronicles model is better then ours but it's custom made and Rusty could confirm this, I mean why is it so hard to believe it's custom made? we have extreme talent on our 10+ team list. Kinda a big team, I guess these 10+ artists don't like working with me? and Hec is not even on the team, but he is still my friend.

You can clearly see the differences, for example I did not put in the back circular design, just check a ripped model from Darkside Chronicles, go on and then you will see your own wool is over your blinded eyes.

It appears you think modding is crappy, even though you are working on one, and just to let you know, a certain popular mod leader worked with Rockstar Games, he worked on GTA4, Max Payne 3 and more titles, you gonna say to him about sticking to crappy mods?
                Last edited by shanemurphy; 05-07-2012, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by shanemurphy View Post
                  DXP man I am a game developer, I am working on unannouced projects and am already in a Indie Studio company, I do freelance work when I can aswell, I wanna thank everyone for the kind words, oh and let me show you guys how the fountain statue is completely custom made, the Darkside Chronicles model is better then ours but it's custom made and Rusty could confirm this, I mean why is it so hard to believe it's custom made? we have extreme talent on our 10+ team list. Kinda a big team, I guess these 10+ artists don't like working with me? and Hec is not even on the team, but he is still my friend.

You can clearly see the differences, for example I did not put in the back circular design, just check a ripped model from Darkside Chronicles, go on and then you will see your own wool is over your blinded eyes.

It appears you think modding is crappy, even though you are working on one, and just to let you know, a certain popular mod leader worked with Rockstar Games, he worked on GTA4, Max Payne 3 and more titles, you gonna say to him about sticking to crappy mods?
                  Okkkkk yeah your a games developer....if you had any sense you would know that one man is not a developer nor is classed as a developer and I still think that whole model is stolen even the damn textures are the damn same and anyone can just you know quadrilateralize a mesh in any modeling package.

Nah I think mods that don't do anything different are crappy in other words things that aren't your own work and taking someone Else's pre-existing stuff and re-doing it in another engine....that's not originality that's just being lazy and stop bringing another games company into this, rockstar has nothing to do with this mod or anything being shown. And don't bring the mod i'm working on into this as well ours is all our own work its not just copied from another RE based game yeah we actually modeled everything, planned everything, proof of concept everything right down to the smallest details.
                  Last edited by DXP; 05-07-2012, 09:45 AM.

Comment

-Huge sigh- Alright, obviously no convincing you maybe when someone like Rusty actually tells you your wrong it might convince you.

Look at it this way DXP, say it was ripped right? what do you think is easier, editing that ripped model or making it from scratch? look at the model man it's basic, it's base is basic shapes, why is it so hard to believe that someone like me who has been modelling for quite a while could not make this basic model?

"Okkkkk yeah your a games developer....if you had any sense you would know that one man is not a developer nor is classed as a developer"

From DXP's own lips so to speak:

"But what would a games designer like me know?"

Really?....okay I'm done this is getting to hilarious.
                    Last edited by shanemurphy; 05-07-2012, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Children, behave.

Comment

Morgoth the mapper who did the base level layout did a good job with it, as you may notice the main lobby office area is smaller then in RE2, so our rooms won't be exactly the same but close enough to it.

Comment

This is really awesome. Will you release the soundtrack individually? It sounds like it could be pretty awesome to listen to.

Honestly, if this wasn't in FPV, this would be what REmake 2 would look like.
                          Last edited by Chris' Boob; 05-08-2012, 07:33 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Thanks! yea sure we would love to release the OST, Matthew deserves it for his amazing work. That is a big goal of ours with this map, not just re-create the RPD but think hard about ideas that could give each room that unigue element, for example:

Morgue now has body bags, and the Briefing Room now has a projector screen that will switch between pictures, from the RPD logo, to the Raccoon City Map and more.

Name:	nmo_rpdre2_a1_detail0017.jpg
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	401126

Name:	RPD_policereportroom_1.jpg
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	401127

I have attached some screenshots in the original thread, more will be posted.
                            Last edited by shanemurphy; 05-08-2012, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Let me ask, if it's been answered, sorry for not reading the entire topic My brain has been fried from finals and such.

How are the zombies? Are they going to be fast or slow like the original? And will lickers, dogs, and bosses like Birkin/Tyrant return?

Are you going to recreate any new rooms and or puzzles? Like in REmake some rooms were re-designed, story stuff added, etc?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X