Resident Evil: ORC - 1.7 million units sold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meanwhile at Smiley's mansion:

Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 05-10-2012, 12:54 AM.
    See you in hell.

Comment

I'M A CAPITALIST!!!
      Last edited by Smiley; 05-10-2012, 02:31 AM.

Comment

Now port Revelations and make more like it.

Incidentally, how much money does CAPCOM get from the Anderson movies?
        PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Enough to support Anderson's creative liberties.
          Spoiler:
          Last edited by Smiley; 05-10-2012, 01:11 AM.

Comment

No one's killing eachother in this thread. Right?

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
            I can't even remember what I was saying anymore, I wasn't even the one who brought up Fire Emblem. It's a big drop, but ORC is still selling well. Just not because it's a good game.
            Uhm... I've no clue where we started either
            Anyway, I think someone said something something about ORC having a huge drop in sales (correct) after the first week. Making it sound like it was bad/uncommon, even though it's perfectly common for a title to drop like that.
            Anyway, let's carry on!

Now port Revelations and make more like it.
            If I have to sit through another MAYDAY in my home theater instead of under my covers on the bed ... Yes. Please.

Comment

Finally, the NPD numbers are in for the month of April:

1.) Prototype 2 (360, PS3)
              2.) Kinect Star Wars (360)
              3.) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (360, PS3, Wii, PC)
              4.) Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 (360, PS3)
              5.) NBA 2K12 (360, PS3, Wii, PSP, PC, PS2)
              6.) The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings (360, PC)
              7.) Mario Party 9 (Wii)
              8.) Mass Effect 3 (360, PS3, PC)
              9.) Just Dance 3 (Wii, 360, PS3)
              10.) MLB 12: The show (PS3, PSV)

News Bot was right (ORC sales would drop like a ton of bricks). BTW, the games on the list didn't exactly sold a lot. It was a slow month.
              Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
              sigpic

Comment

In general, the overall industry dropped 32%. Software sales at retail went down 42%. First week of sales is really all ORC had going for it, it seems (and that alone was mainly sparked by its multi-million marketing budget). Though April and June are typically the slowest months for sales in the US.

However, Operation Raccoon City sold more in its opening week in Japan than the best selling game did in the U.S. in all of April. Causing most gamers with taste to cringe in revulsion. This is mostly because it was released around Golden Week, where sales tend to spike in Japan.
                Last edited by News Bot; 05-10-2012, 06:52 PM.

Comment

First week of sales is really all ORC had going for it, it seems (and that alone was mainly sparked by its multi-million marketing budget)....
                  Dat 'word of mouth' killed it sales/legs. I just hope Capcom-Unity's Sven realizes that the 'word of mouth' strategy that he religiously subscribes to can also work against the company. I may go over there and rub all that on his nose.... does he have a twitter account? I shall find out.

However, Operation Raccoon City sold more in its opening week in Japan than the best selling game did in the U.S. in all of April. Causing most gamers with taste to cringe in revulsion. This is mostly because it was released around Golden Week, where sales tend to spike in Japan.
                  Like I said, April was a slow month here in the US.

P.S. Golden Week didn't help Vita sales, though.
                  Last edited by Pikminister; 05-10-2012, 06:58 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

"Word of mouth" is what they went with for Revelations while ORC got whored out everywhere imaginable. Obviously, REV was disappointing while ORC sold quite well despite the former being an amazing game and the latter being a piece of shit.

It's also a well-known fact in the industry that sheer marketing budget will always overshadow the game's actual reception. REV was highly praised while ORC was utterly destroyed by critics. Couple this with a well-known brand name, and REV being on a portable with a userbase consisting of very little Biohazard fans... Yeah.

Comment

"Word of mouth" is what they went with for Revelations while ORC got whored out everywhere imaginable. Obviously, REV was disappointing while ORC sold quite well despite the former being an amazing game and the latter being a piece of shit
                      Exactly. Sven thought word of mouth would be enough to sell Revelations with. A silly idea considering handhelds are not exactly known for having lots of M rated games. And where there has yet to be a RE game that becomes a certified hit. So they can't just drop a game on people's laps and expect it to sell under those unique circumstances. Capcom needed to actually work in promoting the game and stop trying to have gamers to do the job of promoting the game for FREE. But that's how C-U thinks. That's how they promoted OKAMI on both the PS2 and Wii.

But maybe all that won't go on for much longer. Capcom Japan seems to be quite unsatisfied with the results C-U is getting. And perhaps some heads will roll (EDIT: This was hinted at in Cap's latest report - the one that made headlines recently).

Anyway, word of mouth didn't do wonders for either game: Revelations or ORC. Sven should cut that shit at once.
                      Last edited by Pikminister; 05-10-2012, 07:25 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Oh but Revelations did have ads so obviously its lack of marketing isn't why it sold poorly!

Comment

Oh but Revelations did have ads so obviously its lack of marketing isn't why it sold poorly!
                          Are you implying that their marketing campaign for ORC and Revelations was equal or something? Hell, I think I saw more ads for Xenoblade this year.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                            Are you implying that their marketing campaign for ORC and Revelations was equal or something? Hell, I think I saw more ads for Xenoblade this year.
                            Naw, I was being sarcastic. ORC also had the whole Walking Dead promotion, which was a sure-fire way to entice sales from zombie lovers and general viewers considering it is generally the most-watched cable show (5 million on average, or around that).

Comment

Working...
                            X