No announcement yet.

Resident Evil: ORC - 1.7 million units sold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you would do the math you would realise ORC has the biggest drop because it sold the most the previous week. The third highest entry last week was Fire Emblem with 60k sales. I suppose you think Mario and Sonic and the Olympics is amazing for being up 123%?

Please stop posting sources thinking it automatically makes you right when you clearly do not understand them.
    Last edited by Dracarys; 05-09-2012, 05:04 PM.
    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
      If you would do the math you would realise ORC has the biggest drop because it sold the most the previous week. The third highest entry last week was Fire Emblem with 60k sales. I suppose you think Mario and Sonic and the Olympics is amazing for being up 123%?
      Then it dropped 79%, and will most likely continue to decline from there on. The "it's a quality game so it's popular" excuse simply doesn't fly (mainly because it's not a quality game). Fire Emblem was released in mid-April, and is still selling quite strongly while ORC is selling less, faster. What is your point other than being the only white knight for the game?

Please stop posting sources thinking it automatically makes you right when you clearly do not understand them.
      Please actually post sources and maybe I'll bother caring about your misinformed retorts?
      Last edited by News Bot; 05-09-2012, 05:14 PM.
      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

I really don't get standing up for piece of shit game like ORC. One that only tarnished our beloved RE franchise. I mean this game is a million times worse than RE4 and RE5 combined. And those are games from the main series. Where they could do the more damage.

I'm looking at my collection of games and trying to find the most craptacular of the bunch and asking myself "would I defend that game like Dracary is defending ORC?". And 'that game' being "Rogue Ops", the worse game I own. And I got it because it was $3.00 at GameStop. This was like 2-3 years ago. I would never defend this game. It's crap. Shameless Splinter Cell rip-off.

But whatever.... different strokes for different folks... vive la difference.
        Last edited by Pikminister; 05-09-2012, 05:24 PM.
        Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
        sigpic

Comment

Although already mentioned; a huge drop like the one you see for ORC is pretty common.

It's second week sales for it. Right?

Try to compare it to Fire Emblem 3DS, which came out about a week before ORC.

Launch week sales will always be strong and then you'll have a massive drop.

I'm actually kinda surprised by those numbers. They're kinda shockingly high, if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
            I really don't get standing up for piece of shit game like ORC. One that only tarnished our beloved RE franchise. I mean this game is a million times worse than RE4 and RE5 combined.
            It's also totally canon.

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
            Although already mentioned; a huge drop like the one you see for ORC is pretty common.

It's second week sales for it. Right?

Try to compare it to Fire Emblem 3DS, which came out about a week before ORC.

Launch week sales will always be strong and then you'll have a massive drop.

I'm actually kinda surprised by those numbers. They're kinda shockingly high, if you ask me.
            Fire Emblem was released earlier and is still selling, though (and on the 3DS). While drops are common, they're usually not as big as ORC and are usually not flanked by older games continuing to sell on a portable. ORC also doesn't really have much competition. Nobody's denying that ORC has high sales, the same way nobody denies that the Anderson movies have high ticket sales.
            Last edited by News Bot; 05-09-2012, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
              It's also totally canon.
              That sounds like something Prime "Wikipedia" Blue would say.
              sigpic

Comment

That sounds like something Prime "Wikipedia" Blue would say.
                Prime Blue at least provides sources and generally knows what he/she is talking about, though.

Comment

Prime Blue at least provides sources and generally knows what he/she is talking about, though.
                  Did PB proved that ORC is canon?... because that's something that user usually touts as an undeniable FACT.
                  sigpic

Comment

Did PB proved that ORC is canon?... because that's something that user usually touts as an undeniable FACT.
                    You might be confusing PB with Dracarys. Because the word of Mike Jones is utterly irrefutable and CAPCOM Japan never know what they're talking about with their own games.

I haven't seen PB say anything else on the issue, or on anything else in general. Seemed more like he was playing devil's advocate.

Comment

You might be confusing PB with Dracarys. Because the word of Mike Jones is utterly irrefutable and CAPCOM Japan never know what they're talking about with their own games.

I haven't seen PB say anything else on the issue, or on anything else in general. Seemed more like he was playing devil's advocate.
                      I guess that image PB had as a signature (that claimed ORC was canon) was just something to troll ppl with.
                      sigpic

Comment

I guess that image PB had as a signature (that claimed ORC was canon) was just something to troll ppl with.
                        Yes, he also called me and TheBatman cunts for using information from the likes of the Archives books and official Japanese guidebooks. Using them for their intended purpose seems to offend some people (including Dracarys, as long as the source says her opinion is bullshit).

Comment

Dramatic Horror... at large.

So much drama here.
                          sigpic

Comment

Fire Emblem was released earlier and is still selling, though (and on the 3DS). While drops are common, they're usually not as big as ORC and are usually not flanked by older games continuing to sell on a portable. ORC also doesn't really have much competition. Nobody's denying that ORC has high sales, the same way nobody denies that the Anderson movies have high ticket sales.
                            02./01. [PS3] Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City (Capcom) - 52,428 / 304,953 (-79%)
                            03./03. [3DS] Fire Emblem: Awakening (Nintendo) - 42,347 / 345,260 (-30%)

Fire Emblem's first week sales were something like 242 600 and going by its third week sales, I'd say the drop from first to second week should roughly be about the same as what you're seeing on ORC there. So not entirely sure what you're getting at with the pointing at its high drop in sales after the first week. By that logic, IModern Warfare 3 should likely be the biggest sales failure in history, seeing as I refuse to believe that game managed to keep a high sales percentage after selling nearly 7 000 000 copies during its launch week. It's really nothing uncommon about the second week not pulling the same numbers as the first week. ;D

Anyway, if you consider how Fire Emblem's probably much bigger "in general" in Japan than a Resident Evil spin-off would be, it's kinda surprising to see an outsourced RE game pull the same numbers as a first party "non-casual / hardcore" Nintendo title.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                              02./01. [PS3] Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City (Capcom) - 52,428 / 304,953 (-79%)
                              03./03. [3DS] Fire Emblem: Awakening (Nintendo) - 42,347 / 345,260 (-30%)

Fire Emblem's first week sales were something like 242 600 and going by its third week sales, I'd say the drop from first to second week should roughly be about the same as what you're seeing on ORC there. So not entirely sure what you're getting at with the pointing at its high drop in sales after the first week. By that logic, IModern Warfare 3 should likely be the biggest sales failure in history, seeing as I refuse to believe that game managed to keep a high sales percentage after selling nearly 7 000 000 copies during its launch week. It's really nothing uncommon about the second week not pulling the same numbers as the first week. ;D

Anyway, if you consider how Fire Emblem's probably much bigger "in general" in Japan than a Resident Evil spin-off would be, it's kinda surprising to see an outsourced RE game pull the same numbers as a first party "non-casual / hardcore" Nintendo title.
                              I can't even remember what I was saying anymore, I wasn't even the one who brought up Fire Emblem. It's a big drop, but ORC is still selling well. Just not because it's a good game.

Comment

I really don't get standing up for piece of shit game like ORC. One that only tarnished our beloved RE franchise. I mean this game is a million times worse than RE4 and RE5 combined. And those are games from the main series. Where they could do the more damage.

I'm looking at my collection of games and trying to find the most craptacular of the bunch and asking myself "would I defend that game like Dracary is defending ORC?". And 'that game' being "Rogue Ops", the worse game I own. And I got it because it was $3.00 at GameStop. This was like 2-3 years ago. I would never defend this game. It's crap. Shameless Splinter Cell rip-off.

But whatever.... different strokes for different folks... vive la difference.
                                I'm not even defending it much, just some people are trying so hard to bring this game down in pretty much every way possible that pointing out errors in the argument looks like white knighting in contrast. I'm not the one going into extremes here.

Laughing the canon issue is being brought up again. Is this meant to be a measure of success somehow or this a personal attack on me so worth reporting to a mod?

Besides S6 devs, Capcom US producers and Kawata all said it is canon or partly canon during the games development and running up to release day, but one single badly worded Q+A overwrites all this because haters say so. No evidence at all why all the comments from several different groups/individuals working on the game are wrong, no evidence why the Q+A trumps every other comments about the game, haters just say so, they say they know more than what people who make the game know just 'because it don't match my opinion and wants'. I'm not gonna reply to comments about this because it isn't even worth trying to argue with such baseless and blind logic. I expect the same reply of 'They dunno what they talking about' without evidence again just empty claims they do not know. It takes liberties with things but so do other games set in RC, but haters only hating on ORC so nice double standard gets to be created. Not like it even matters, canon or not it will have no lasting effect on the series just like pretty much every other RE spin-off, they all just filler story.

Fire Emblem was released earlier and is still selling, though (and on the 3DS). While drops are common, they're usually not as big as ORC and are usually not flanked by older games continuing to sell on a portable.
                                Fire Emblem sales dropped off 75% after first week, if you bothered to check. Guess the 4% difference between that and ORC is the difference between success and bomb right?
                                Last edited by Dracarys; 05-09-2012, 07:25 PM.
                                Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Working...
                                X