Capcom's RE6 Sales Expectation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
    Word of mouth is partially what killed Revelations...
    No, it was C-U relying on that alone to sell the game what killed it chances. In fact, it probably sold what it sold on just word of mouth since there was very little marketing push there at all.

It wasn't a good strategy to employ on a new system. And specially on a handheld. Where an M rated franchise has yet to become a system seller. The same happened with GTA before.

Anyway, I don't think RE6 will have any of those problems. The brand name is quite known on home consoles and there was a precedent of RE games selling by the millions. So there the word of mouth strategy could work better. But if they want to sell 7 million, Cap's will need to open that wallet and invest on a good budget to advertise it properly.
    Last edited by Pikminister; 05-16-2012, 11:18 AM.
    Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
    sigpic

Comment

No, it was C-U relying on that alone to sell the game what killed it chances.
      Yes. Which is pretty much exactly what I said. I agreed with you on this in another topic.
      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Yes. Which is pretty much exactly what I said. I agreed with you on this in another topic.
        I guess you always see things as half empty. Because what you said made it seem like word of mouth killed Rev. When it was basically the only thing that kept it alive.

I don't post trying to get ppl to agree with me though. So I didn't remembered that other topic. Not on this one where it is kinda irrelevant. RE6 chances on home consoles won't be limited as it happened on a handheld.
        Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
        sigpic

Comment

Capcom will need the biggest marketing campaign they've ever had if they want 7m.
          They could always have a really good story that satisfies more than just the newer fan base, but its easier to advertise :/

Comment

Yeah, I have a hard time believing it'll achieve RE4's total lifetime sales in just 6 months, even spread across two consoles.

It'd have to be really good/really appeal to generic shooter crowd.
            A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkMemories View Post
              Yeah, I have a hard time believing it'll achieve RE4's total lifetime sales in just 6 months, even spread across two consoles.

It'd have to be really good/really appeal to generic shooter crowd.
              It has brand name recognition, doesn't need to be anything but 'OK' to appeal to the generic shooter crowd. ORC proved this, ORC also proved that people really do just like being able to shoot zombies with their friends in a L4D inspired RE game.

Comment

Working...
              X