Capcom's RE6 Sales Expectation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capcom's RE6 Sales Expectation

Capcom have just revealed their sales target for several titles for this fiscal year. It seems they have very high hope for RE6, as they hope to sell 7 million copies of the game .

They have also states that additional maps and modes will be coming for RE ORC as part of their plan to improve DLC sales.

I dunno man...I think that they're really just done with Survival Horror at Capcom and are just gonna stick to action with horror elements mixed in.
    The Resident Evil series has pretty much devolved into CoD at this point and most of us are an obsolete fan base :/

Comment

They had a 2.3m expectation for RE5 though that released very close to end of year, still beat that target in the timeframe. Wasn't the point of the DmC reboot to increase sales for the series? Doesn't look like that expected anymore.
      Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
        I dunno man...I think that they're really just done with Survival Horror at Capcom and are just gonna stick to action with horror elements mixed in.
        The Resident Evil series has pretty much devolved into CoD at this point and most of us are an obsolete fan base :/
        If it's done right I don't see the problem really (see Revelations). Sadly CoD sells like crazy so you either adapt or quit gaming for a while.
        As long as the story is decent and not like RE4 I'll be pleased.
        Either way didn't they say that they have some surprises for old school fans? Maybe not in the main series but some remake/spinoff focused on survival horror could still happen.

Edit: I'm also assuming that their DLC plans for ORC go beyond the Spec Ops DLC at this point, especially considering it met their expectations.
        Last edited by Alkar; 05-11-2012, 03:20 AM.

Comment

RE 5 sold 6 million, it's definetely possible for RE 6 to reach that amount.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aris13 View Post
            RE 5 sold 6 million, it's definetely possible for RE 6 to reach that amount.
            So we can expect Lost Planet 3 to outsell the first one or the second one?
            Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
            sigpic

Comment

You can do it capcom !!!!!

Comment

I wonder how the current economic slump will affect this - it certainly hasn't hurt other big names recently, but it stills seems odd to think they can hit 7 million.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                  I wonder how the current economic slump will affect this - it certainly hasn't hurt other big names recently, but it stills seems odd to think they can hit 7 million.
                  If they also made it into a Wii U launch game, they would get there during it's first fiscal year. People who buy a system during launch time will be looking to buy a game with it. That's how a crappy game like "Red Steel" was able to be a success on the original Wii. It went for sale when it launched.

But Capcom is not releasing it on Wii U (at the moment, maybe next year - big mistake IMO since it should be a launch title) and are only hoping that they didn't poisoned the waters with both RE5 and specially ORC and that it will sell that many units on PS3 & 360.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rehunk88 View Post
                    You can do it capcom !!!!!
                    I bet Capcom love people like you. Fuck me in the arse, Capcom! Make me pay for it too!

Except you can't achieve orgasm without paying extra for the DLC.
                    See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                      So we can expect Lost Planet 3 to outsell the first one or the second one?
                      Are you comparing the RE brand name with Lost Planet?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aris13 View Post
                        Are you comparing the RE brand name with Lost Planet?
                        According to some here, the brand name is irrelevant on how good a game sells... ahem...

I was actually talking about sales expectations based on how previous entries fared. Which I was under the impression that that was what you were really getting at.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                          I bet Capcom love people like you. Fuck me in the arse, Capcom! Make me pay for it too!

Except you can't achieve orgasm without paying extra for the DLC.
                          You know who you remind me of....Frankie Boyle. Your funny but in a depressing way.

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                            According to some here, the brand name is irrelevant on how good a game sells... ahem...
                            Really, who? Not me, if you understood anything I said.
                            Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Is this factoring re-releases and DLC?

Comment

Working...
                              X