No announcement yet.

Capcom's RE6 Sales Expectation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost certainly. Unless ORC and RE5 have put a lot of people off, and there's no reason to suspect that.

Comment

Well I think ORC would have sold very badly if people was put off by re 5
      Because clearly resident evil 5 is pure action and resident evil raccon city is pure action too.. so they are kinda at the same terms..
      and clearly that dident slow down ORC sales... so i think Resident evil 6 will do extremly good.

Comment

Originally posted by rehunk88 View Post
        Well I think ORC would have sold very badly if people was put off by re 5
        Because clearly resident evil 5 is pure action and resident evil raccon city is pure action too.. so they are kinda at the same terms..
        and clearly that dident slow down ORC sales... so i think Resident evil 6 will do extremly good.
        Yeah but you're missing a key factor there. RE5 had big sexy legs that allowed it to continue selling well after it's launch window. ORC on the other hand, didn't. It dropped off the top ten charts pretty quick. The mediocre gameplay, lousy reviews and even worse user response did it in.

RE6 will do well if you got RE5 by their side. Users who's ORC game was their first RE will probably skip 6.
        Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rombie View Post
          By the FY end, so March 31st 2013. In total they have almost six months.
          Well that isn't happening. RE5 has apparently got 5.8 million and that's between release and now.

Comment

Oh yeah, it's very possible there won't be 7 million copies actually sold by April. But thats not how Capcom counts them apparently. If they ship all 7 million copies by then, they'll count that as 7 million sold even if it takes years for those to actually be sold. They count "sales" as cost price units shipped. As false as an actual sales label is.

I personally don't agree with this either. If for example RE6 actually only sells 5.5 million by FY end, even though Capcom shipped 7, they'll take the 7 million number and tout it as their best selling title. Even though it's not true.

It's the same issue I currently have with ORC's sales. Capcom says they've sold over 2 million units, 1.7 of those sold in less than 2 weeks before the last FY end. But thats not true. They shipped that many but best estimates say after the Japanese release last week they've only passed 1.5 million actual sales. Of course as I mentioned, and only recently found out, they just count shipped as actuals.

Comment

Originally posted by Code_R View Post
              Well that isn't happening. RE5 has apparently got 5.8 million and that's between release and now.
              Yeah but 4.4m of that was in first 2 weeks, and RE5 Gold Edition ate into most of RE5s numbers (the 5.8m does not count Gold Edition)
              Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Capcom will need the biggest marketing campaign they've ever had if they want 7m.
                PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

They have it. Not just in ads but the hype train as well. This year has been a resident evil frenzy with a hand held game, a spin off, a CGI movie, a live action movie, and a main sequel.

And out of all of those I'm willing to bet that the top two highest selling products will be the live action movie and RE6. They're intended for a broad audience with a large demographic, and made more available for as many people to experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley View Post
                    They have it. Not just in ads but the hype train as well. This year has been a resident evil frenzy with a hand held game, a spin off, a CGI movie, a live action movie, and a main sequel.

And out of all of those I'm willing to bet that the top two highest selling products will be the live action movie and RE6. They're intended for a broad audience with a large demographic, and made more available for as many people to experience.
                    That's word of mouth, not marketing. I haven't seen any ads for the game yet.

Comment

It's been advertised on Sky TV since the first moment the trailer launched online.

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                        That's word of mouth, not marketing. I haven't seen any ads for the game yet.
                        Word of mouth is always part of good marketing. Your campaign does well if they can persuade the public to sales pitch their game for them by talking. The viral site can't generate the interest to casuals on its own. Advertising wise I've already seen a fare share of promos, standees, posters and trailers here in the states. And living on the west coast we don't get everything as fast as on the east coast, but they've gone all out on this being the year of Resident Evil by bunching RE6 with the other RE related products that are out now or will be soon. About the only thing I haven't seen is Damnation.
                        Last edited by Smiley; 05-16-2012, 02:17 AM.

Comment

Word of mouth is always part of good marketing. Your campaign does well if they can persuade the public to sales pitch their game for them by talking. The viral site can't generate the interest to casuals on its own. Advertising wise I've already seen a fare share of promos, standees, posters and trailers here in the states. And living on the west coast we don't get everything as fast as on the east coast, but they've gone all out on this being the year of Resident Evil by bunching RE6 with the other RE related products that are out now or will be soon. About the only thing I haven't seen is Damnation.
                          Word of mouth is partially what killed Revelations so I'm a bit hesitant to call it "good". I suppose there's just not much exposure over here.

Comment

The 3DS killed Revelations. Word of mouth is what keeps it strong enough to warrant interest in another one.

Comment

The 3DS killed Revelations. Word of mouth is what keeps it strong enough to warrant interest in another one.
                              That it did, and word of mouth did it no favors at all. Its favorable reviews are what warranted an interest in another.

Comment

Favorable reviews are part of the word of mouth. Good praise is what it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X