Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great article on HD conversions Tomm Hulett delves into why the HD Collection sucked.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great article on HD conversions Tomm Hulett delves into why the HD Collection sucked.

Blue Point's method of conversion is a lot more reliable than the method used to do the HD Collection.

Despite being one of the men behind the project, Hulett is just as angry about how Silent Hill came out, and is working alongside the studio Hijinx to make sure an upcoming patch addresses all the problems it can. "After our initial patch, I played through Silent Hill HD Collection armed with righteous indignation and Internet complaint threads. I made a list of every issue I could find. Hijinx is hard at work addressing as many of those issues as is feasible given our resources."
    Why did they rush the HD collection in the first place? They should've taken their time. Now the damage is already done and people feel burned by it.
    Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
    sigpic

Comment

Indeed. It's still troubling. I remember when I addressed the sync issues and he tried to claim the first patch had fixed them.

Comment

Especially when said patch extended load streams over gameplay and cutscenes. Frequently in the hospital on harder modes you can get hit by nurses hidden behind doors because the screen is still black. Plus there is the altered PH cutscene in the apartments.

The article was good and I'm glad Hulett was a little more open on the issue than he was on the NeoGAF thread, but I'd still like to know more info on when we're going to see new patches for both it and Downpour. They've both been out for 2 months now.

Comment

The reason the Alternate PH cutscene happens is because of the room loading before the black has faded in, this happens in gameplay like you mentioned. The voice de-sync happens because of them lousily recording the voices not on sync themselves. It's a shame really, I'm glad that Tomm made it clear that he wasn't actually happy with the product himself, but to say on his blog that there was nothing wrong was kind of odd. Oh well, Konami probably wouldn't be happy with him saying it was broken until this patch was announced tbh. I just hope it fixes all the issues this game harbors. It's pretty sad.

Comment

It's not odd why. He's a businessman promoting his product. He can't very well admit it's thoroughly flawed as soon as it hits shelves. Only say that the first patch addresses the main issues (despite the fact that it didn't).

I understand that he likes his job and all, but there's no excusing for a bad product with as many problems as it had being released on day one.
            Last edited by Smiley; 05-17-2012, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Yeah, a rephrasing in 'odd' is needed, I couldn't think of an alternate word haha. Aslong as the issues finally get sorted now, its a wonder why they went along with the get go of using an old unfinished code anyway. Atleast they tried... haha. Can't wait till all the issues get ironed out.

Comment

Shouldn't have rushed the HD collections...Could have done some amazing things with these games if they spent the proper time on them.

Comment

Great insightful videos of how messed up the HD version of the games are.

Warning! Hilarity may ensue. Watch at your own discretion.

Spoiler:

I would post the follow-up videos, but the forums don't let me post more than '1' video.

Comment

Working...
                  X