Heart warming thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

-----
    Small town doctor charges $5 a visit for 55 years, really classy guy. Hasn't missed a day of work in 55 years either.

Comment

A thief apparently had a change of heart hours after taking items from a home in Guelph, Ont., returning the stolen goods, $50 and an apology letter.

----

Theif returns stolen goods and leaves $50 and an apologetic note to the family he robbed.

Comment

Here is heartwarming video that depicts the love between Ricky Gervais and his friends.

(not as weird as the freeze frame shows. XD It's actually friendship at it's finest)

runners up were:
        Justin Beeb-bur getting beaned by water bottle
        Dookie Mountain from Hoarders
        Last edited by AsteroidBlues; 08-04-2012, 02:56 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

I'm here to talk about the "Butterfly Project", it's a iniciative to help self-harmers in their fight to stop...i don't know if anyone on the forum is a self_harmer but i'll leave this site here so if anyone is interested in helping to spread it. Pass it along, help a friend with this problem just by supporting them with this cause...i'm a self-harmer, and a friend of mine has been helping me and showed me this site, now i've been 2 months without relapsing and this thing has helped me a lot...please, pass it on to your friends. Tomorrow i'm going to show this site in my class and i'm going to finally tell to everyone that I was a self-harmer and this project helped me a lot...thank you.

http://www.recoveryourlife.com/index.php?categoryid=148

Here is a photo of how my arm is right now after all this time...
          Click image for larger version

Name:	http%3A%2F%2F25.media.tumblr.com%2Ftumblr_ma7m97w9711rz6xkmo1_1280.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	170.0 KB
ID:	401587
          The black one that is almost new was my dad who did it...i told him about my "accidents" yesterday for the first time....

Comment

Wrathborne, someone has to protect men like you from a world that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong.

Also, cyndercut. You almost sound proud of being a self-harmer, like it's a badge of honour. Maybe I'm misunderstanding here and feel free to call me ignorant, but I never quite understood the concept behind self-harm. If someone has wronged you or you're depressed about something, why should you hurt yourself? If you do that, the terrorists win. No-one else will give a shit, and that's the way things are. Ask yourself this, 'Why should I have to suffer?'

I am a terrible human being. I won't deny that.
            Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 09-12-2012, 09:02 AM.
            See you in hell.

Comment

I never felt proud, part of my treatment is to admit that do it and that i want to change. It's hard to say why i do it and why A LOT of other people do it...it was the way i found to make other pains to go, to "disappear" for a while...my psychologist said it was the way my subconscious found to ask for help... and as people don't care and don't give a shit about this kind of stuff is the reason why there's is so much people committing suicide around the world... i lost a few friends like this, now i'm trying not to be part of that statistic and i'm also trying to help other people too... You're no a terrible human being, you just don't have the same point of view.

Comment

Oh I assure you, I am an atrocious individual. No redeeming qualities. Just listen to the RPD Dispatch!

I don't agree with the concept of self-harm, but I can sort of understand why some people who are having difficulties in their life choose to do it. Mind you, we could do with a higher suicide rate. Over seven billion people on this planet, the vast majority of them will amount to nothing. Need a cull, the crops have grown too wild. The planet cannot sustain this many people, so if anyone wants to remove themselves from the equation and are silly enough to want to do that then they're more than welcome to. If you think you're useless and you can't contribute to society, you're probably right!

Me? I'm a survivor, I'm a meat eater.

Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 09-12-2012, 01:25 PM.
                See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                  I don't agree with the concept of self-harm, but I can sort of understand why some people who are having difficulties in their life choose to do it. Mind you, we could do with a higher suicide rate. Over seven billion people on this planet, the vast majority of them will amount to nothing. Need a cull, the crops have grown too wild. The planet cannot sustain this many people, so if anyone wants to remove themselves from the equation and are silly enough to want to do that then they're more than welcome to. If you think you're useless and you can't contribute to society, you're probably right!

These words fill me with joy and hope. This is truly a heart warming thread now.

Comment

Oh I assure you, I am an atrocious individual. No redeeming qualities. Just listen to the RPD Dispatch!

Comment

"Wrathborne, someone has to protect men like you from a world that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong.

Um..O.o k? Been working more hours at my job so I haven't been as frequent here, what did I do now?

Comment

Your faith in humanity, that we can be heartwarming and caring as a species. As a whole, we are arrogant, egotistical and in need of humility.
                        See you in hell.

Comment

What was that you said to me earlier today Spence, "Oh I'm not a pessimist!"

As for my own small story today, it was nice to come home and have a small collective of people care about my health and actually be gentle about it. =) It's just funny sometimes how people you know /less/ are the ones more concerned.

Comment

A lot of people have had those sorts of thoughts before, including you. It isn't as easy as being "silly", it's a serious mental illness that completely changes your outlook on life and ability to cope with things, or do basic things like hold a job, eat, sleep. The brain of a depressed person won't look the same as the brain of someone who isn't depressed. Most of the time, the person just needs help and self-harm is a cry for help. But alas, it is very serious and someone should never be encouraged to kill themselves.

Comment

I didn't when I tried. Although I didn't manage it, so maybe I did need some more encouragement? Hmmm...

Comment

I'm relieved that someone actually took my words seriously and with genuine concern. I do mean that.
                                See you in hell.

Comment

Working...
                                X