Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler:

Comment

Nordling here. Frankly, this pisses me off a little bit, and yet, like most of you, I'll still happily fork over the $20 or so for the Blu-Ray. Ridley Scott, yesterday, told Collider that there will, indeed, be an extended cut of...

-----

Blue Ray edition to have extra 20 minute directors cut.

Comment

Great Maybe we'll have a Kingdom of Heaven style reversal of opinion with it.

A new PROMETHEUS related viral video points towardsI dunno. But it has something to do with 10.11.12. Might the date signify the picture's forthcoming home video issuance, for which pre-orders are already being taken? MovieViral.com notes...

New footage, presumably from the much longer version of the TED talk on the DVD/Bluray.
        Last edited by [STARS]TyranT; 06-11-2012, 02:07 PM.
        http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
        http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
        Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

We always knew there was around 30 minutes of missing scenes. But a good part of them are actually extended scenes... I don't think I would want to watch them separately.

I don't understand how he can be happy with the actual cut, it's the only movie that comes to my mind (well, maybe terminator salvation too) that badly need a director's cut.

The movie could be as different as the extended cut of Alien 3 was, there's a lot of potentially interesting material.

Comment

I think it'll be more comparable to Kingdom of Heaven with regards to how people view the theatrical vs. Directors Cut.

Thinking back, I look at the version I saw in cinema's as a punchy very fast movie, rushing from one thing to the next, very much in the style of the Lord of the Rings theatricals. You can almost tell there are scene extensions, missing dialogue and the like.

Comment

Yeah, that's exactly how it feels. And since the scenes are longer in the trailers, I still have some hope for the director's cut.

Comment

Dat queen.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                  Dat queen.
                  You know, I've seen a good number of people calling this a Queen, but I have yet to see any proof how. I took it as just a proto xenomorph, no queen. The second mouth seems like just a larger (proto) version of the second mouth of a normal alien, nothing more.

Comment

Tis just an alien predecessor, but it could be a queen too.

Comment

Well, there's the only reason to see the movie, right there folks. xD

Comment

I wish people would formulate their own opinions rather than simply cave in and tag along with the general consensus.
                        See you in hell.

Comment

I'd buy that for a dollar.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                            Ridley didn't write the script, nor is he a screenwriter.
                            Still, he did all the editing and filming. And he's also mostly responsible for the script. After Damon Lindelof took over the script, they both spent hours working on it together. Damon wouldn't change anything to the script without consulting Ridley, as he said with his own words, he was merely writing down the vision Ridley had for the movie. The impact Damon had on the movie is mostly the fact that it's not a direct prequel anymore.

So I'd like to read the original script to see what the movie could have been. It would have been actually 2 movies, and the events led directly to the beginning of Alien. They changed that by turning it into no less than 3 movies, and removed all the xenomorph/facehugger material. I don't know if it was wise or not.

And the proto xenomorph at the end is not a queen. Queens don't exist in Ridly Scott's alien universe. Here's an original concept art:

Originally posted by MiLØ View Post
                            Could you link to that trailer? curious to see that version of him. Also found this.
                            Sadly I can't find it anymore, but you can see its final form in the artbook. If I find the gif I'll post a comparison.

edit: Ah well in fact it was also in the link you posted:

You can't see his face, but check his arms.
                            Last edited by Rick Hunter; 06-12-2012, 07:54 AM.

Comment

I'm sure though Ridley was somewhat irked that Cameron added the Queen to the life cycle he has since accepted it as part of it now, and wouldn't in anyway retcon Aliens.

Comment

It does not state anywhere that Queens do not exist in Ridley Scott's universe. That is just your opinion, not fact. The creature at the end is called a 'Deacon'. His only bitterness towards Aliens is that Fox never asked him to direct it or even consult on it with him.

But I do hope we get to see Jon Spaihts original draft.

A few things we know:

*90& of the film would have been set on LV-426/Acheron
                                *Peter Weyland's main drive was on terraforming other worlds rather than the origins of life.
                                *His office was located in a space station orbiting Mars, the surface of which was undergoing a major terraforming operation.
                                *He was never hidden on the Prometheus ship, but a squad of company soldiers would have been.
                                *The Prometheus was originally called something else beginning with M, the name escapes me at the moment.
                                "I've got 100 cows."
                                "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Working...
                                X