Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Might be time to start saving your money...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Might be time to start saving your money...

------

Somewhat related, my father works as an X-ray technician and was helping a financial adviser(think she might have broken an arm...not important but just piqued my curiosity) and she said that in 2013 we're going to have a real depression. One that might take between 7-12 years to get through, and she said this in 2010.

Primarily due to the fact that in 2013, most of the Baby boomers are at retirement age in the US. And generally retired people don't really spend money, the problem is also that Greece is imploding, Spain not doing well either, and China may actually have over extended its credit in the world and is going to start demanding its money back.

Financially the global economy hasn't been well in what, almost 7 years or so now? I've been seeing more and more of these 'economic meltdown' articles popping up as of recent and am starting to expect things are gonna go sour pretty soon.

Might be time for folks here to stop spending money on RE stuff for a while and start saving up for a really bad day.

Kind of funny how the worlds economy seems to be like a bunch of dominoes, all you have to do is knock one over. :/
    Last edited by Wrathborne; 06-02-2012, 07:42 PM.

That's the problem about the world these days. Elections are coming right now in most of the countries (in France it's already done) and these politicians could lead to the fall or rise of their country. the scary part is that we are witnessing Greece falling, if they fall and remove the euro Europe will be in deep shit. Some countries are also spending money on fabricating weaponry and financing "wars" to steal the petrol which is silly since in 40 years it'll be gone.
    Like what you said, we should start saving money and put in a piggy bank because the worst has yet come.

Comment

We've been in recession since what, 2008? It's not the kind of problem that can be solved quickly, so yeah I can see it getting worse before long. The job market here has certainly not showed any sign of recovery for quite some time.

Comment

lol it's all speculative bullshit they stir up so people can make a fortune in the money and stock markets. Will the economy sag again? Hell yes. Will it be as disastrous as they're predicting? No, because it never is. Besides, if shit really does hit the fan that hard, what the fuck will paper money be good for anymore? XD Spend the money, I say. If anything it may keep the economy afloat- cause that's our problem, people are too afraid to spend money any more. Either way, I think we'll see major changes after the election... for better or worse. XD
        sigpic

Comment

http://money.cnn.com/2009/01/20/maga...tune/index.htm - 2009
          http://www.morningliberty.com/2010/0...2010-meltdown/ - 2010
          http://voices.yahoo.com/will-arthur-...e-6196424.html - 2011

Yeah...

The economy is shit. Everyone with half a brain should be saving. But equally, everytime I turn on my TV, I'm told the Eurozone is about collapse, that no one will be able to afford electricity next year, that the UK Government is trying to evict all poor people...etc, etc.

There's no point in worrying about it, though. It's either going to to get better or it's going to get worse, and we don't get much say which it'll be.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
            http://money.cnn.com/2009/01/20/maga...tune/index.htm - 2009
            http://www.morningliberty.com/2010/0...2010-meltdown/ - 2010
            http://voices.yahoo.com/will-arthur-...e-6196424.html - 2011

Yeah...

The economy is shit. Everyone with half a brain should be saving. But equally, everytime I turn on my TV, I'm told the Eurozone is about collapse, that no one will be able to afford electricity next year, that the UK Government is trying to evict all poor people...etc, etc.

There's no point in worrying about it, though. It's either going to to get better or it's going to get worse, and we don't get much say which it'll be.
            lol I love how there's an economic meltdown prediction for every year. But my question is this...

If the dollar collapses like all three articles say... what the hell will paper money (Or precious metals) be good for? If the dollar suddenly plummets to less than nothing, what good will it be to have a nice, big stack of it in your mattress? Zip. Simply because it will probably never become valuable again. It's better to turn those greenbacks into important things like food, water and essentials because those will ALWAYS retain value. So if this is really going to happen, cutting all but necessary spending before it does happen is useless. Might as well get what you can with it before it's worth nothing. And if the dollar never does crash, you saved yourself a shitload of worry trying to get by on ramen noodles and tap water just to save up a post-apocalypse nest egg. xD
            sigpic

Comment

I'd be less worried if Greece, Spain, and Italy weren't all imploding.

Comment

Originally posted by AsteroidBlues View Post
                If the dollar collapses like all three articles say... what the hell will paper money (Or precious metals) be good for? If the dollar suddenly plummets to less than nothing, what good will it be to have a nice, big stack of it in your mattress? Zip. Simply because it will probably never become valuable again. It's better to turn those greenbacks into important things like food, water and essentials because those will ALWAYS retain value. So if this is really going to happen, cutting all but necessary spending before it does happen is useless. Might as well get what you can with it before it's worth nothing. And if the dollar never does crash, you saved yourself a shitload of worry trying to get by on ramen noodles and tap water just to save up a post-apocalypse nest egg. xD
                That is why you have to...

All the tin-foil hat wearing doomsayers recommend it.
                Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                sigpic

Comment

My father had an interesting thing to say on economic collapse.

If the economy collapses,A man on the street with a can of beans is the richest man in town. A man on the street with a can of beans and a gun, is even richer.

Comment

The Great depression was a lot worse than what's going on now. The devastation present durin that era is not even close to what's going on now.

No need to panic. But still, living within our means could help a lot.
                    sigpic

Comment

kicking out 75% of people running the country would help even more.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                        kicking out 75% of people running the country would help even more.
                        You're talking about the 1%... they're not going anywhere.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X