The Dark Knight Rises thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dark Knight Rises thread...

The films out in less than 8 weeks and I thought it was time to start a DKR thread.

And what better way to start the thread off with a character clip. Shows a hint more of the story but shows off some more of Catwoman and Bane and yeah, it looks like Nolan might be the first director to break the 3 movie rule(3rd film always sucks).

The tone of this film and the hell that Gotham City is becoming is really amazing.

MTV capped off its Movie Awards show with an incredible collection of new footage from Chris Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises. Check out an amazing moment between Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Anne Hathaway's Catwoman, which we only just glimpsed in the last trailer. Looks like Selina Kyle is nervous about someone — it…

Films confirmed to be 2hrs and 45 minutes. 20 min longer than the Dark Knight.

No spoilers in this thread please.
    Last edited by Wrathborne; 06-04-2012, 03:10 AM.

Batman is in it.... oh wait...

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
    No spoilers in this thread please.
    Ah, shit. :p

That clip from the MTV awards is the first time I've actually been interested in whats been shown. I dunno, I just haven't been drawn into this as much as I was with the last film until now. I guess now it's getting closer is why, but even then... ehhh. It's my friends birthday the week it comes out and he's a huge fan of Batman so I somehow think he'll be having us all go to it before going out for dinner and drinks, so even if I didn't want to see it I'd have to see it anyway. On the plus of that he made me go see The Avengers on opening night when I wasn't originally that keen, and that worked out... so I can't really say no.

Comment

More excited to see this film than the Avengers as I've always been jealous of Nolans storytelling.

He ended up beating me to the punch on a film-making theory I was going to use way back in late 2003 when I was young. And thats taking a fantastic world, via comic books or games, and keep everything 'real'.

No goofy amazingly over the top bullshit that you just have to turn your mind off to watch(if some is required then minimize it), make the characters in the film real people with flaws, inner demons, and give them a 'soul'. You always want the audience to know who they're watching on the screen to be human, and can be killed if not physically, then spiritually.
      There are more ways to kill a man, than just with a weapon.

I had hoped to use these ideas on a Resident Evil short film, but life had other plans for me and I just kept struggling and struggling with it.

2 years later Nolan proved me right when he did 'Batman Begins', and even further with 'The Dark Knight'.

Always been sad that I was never able to use this theory for something of my own, but its been about a decade now since I worked on this theory.

Might be time to get off my ass and see if I can prove I'm right with something of my own.
      Last edited by Wrathborne; 06-04-2012, 02:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
        Christ, superhero films shouldn't be that long.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne
          Oh crap. Really, this is too long. I always thought Nolan made too long movies, but 2hrs and 45 minutes? This is worse than I thought :/

Originally posted by Wrathborne
          it looks like Nolan might be the first director to break the 3 movie rule(3rd film always sucks)
          I won't be as enthusiastic about it as you are. On the contrary, I get the feeling that it might be the worst of the three movies. I'm not really convinced by Catwoman and Bane to be honest.

But, I'm still looking forward to it.

Comment

TDKR is gonna be a big film story-wise, I accidentally found out about a mild spoiler(aint telling) and it explains why the film is as long as it is. While the length could be trimmed down a bit...cant really judge it before I see it.

Tom Hardy really does seem to have captured the 'beast' part of Bane quite well. You can really see it showing in the bit of new footage you see of him.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	TDKRPoster29.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	968.7 KB
ID:	401370

This was made by a fan, I gotta say it captured everything quite well. Kind of cool to see all the villains in order and everything...Even though there is actually a 7th villain in TDKR.

Comment

Sadly there is only one Imax cinema over here and it ain't in the city I am in, but the largest cinema in town is doing a trilogy screening on the 18/19th here which is awesome, plus tickets to the first two films was only $5 each film. Awesome deal.

Comment

It seems quite promising! I'll just wait till my brother arrives to France then will watch the movie with him and some of my buddies. ^^ (in VOSTFR off course)
                  I'm quite curious about this mysterious 7th villain.

Comment

4th trailer released, shows off a fair amount of new footage. Good stuff.

Comment

New international trailer showing off a few little things.Its only 1 minute long, which is good as the film is only a fortnight away.

Comment

Isn't the seventh villain supposed to be Spoiler:

Edit: Wasn't aware that was a spoiler, really, but just in case.
                        Last edited by Canas Renvall; 07-07-2012, 02:36 AM.

Comment

Dude...you could be posting a spoiler right now.fix yer post please.
                          Last edited by Wrathborne; 07-06-2012, 04:26 PM.

Comment

13 minute Dark Knight Rises featurette. No real spoilers, mostly gets into explaining why they're making the film this way and a little summary about the story and characters.

They basically show you that this is a war movie, which is a first for a Batman film. We've seen large groups of armed thugs in the past but Nolan is going for Gotham fully imploding, Bans Army versus the Gotham PD.

Which is cool because this confirms that this film is inspired by the 'No Mans Land' and The Dark Knight Returns' graphic novels.

Comment

TDKR FULL soundtrack for FREE!!!

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                              X