Resident Evil 6 Demo shown at MS E3 presser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 6 Demo shown at MS E3 presser

At Microsoft’s E3 2012 media briefing, Capcom showed off a playable look at Resident Evil 6 for the first time. Check the video below.

sigpic

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't impressed. New enemies are good. Voice acting good. Even the the controls look good. And the AI partner seems to stay the hell out the way.

A bit too action heavy drama for my tastes, but nowhere near as awful as I was expecting. Bar the one liner at the end. 'Not my lucky day?'? Well no shit Leon, you've been chased by zombie-esque creatures the whole time.

It was nice to see they are much closer to zombies, and slow zombies at that, than Ganados. Who said slow zombies wouldn't work for the new control scheme?

Now...for Chris and Jake's sections.

Comment

looking good but therses a new triler up to for E3http://www.youtube.com/verify_age?next_url=/watch%3Fv%3DEJWHN3qWdiw%26feature%3Dplayer_embedde d new umbrella?

Comment

sorry g its http://www.youtube.com/verify_age?ne...layer_embedded

Comment

Sadly, it seems that Capcom learned nothing from RE5. This literally looks like one big linear cut scene, with boring-as-ever QTEs back in the action. I am not impressed in the slightest.
          Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Originally posted by Det. Beauregard View Post
            Sadly, it seems that Capcom learned nothing from RE5. This literally looks like one big linear cut scene, with boring-as-ever QTEs back in the action. I am not impressed in the slightest.
            Same here.

It's terrible and I hope this is not how the whole Leon + Helena scenario plays like. It's like Degeneration's version of Leon who sprints around and slides on the floor. An action hero.

Not hyped for this at all, considering that this scenario was suppose to be more like traditional RE games. It's not based on what we saw here.
            Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
            sigpic

Comment

Leon is officially the John McClane of Resident Evil.

All I could think of while watching the demo was "Die Hard with zombies." And I'm okay with that.

Comment

i don't know why some people are complaining it looks good we cant have horror forever we need action to
                Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                Same here.

It's terrible and I hope this is not how the whole Leon + Helena scenario plays like. It's like Degeneration's version of Leon who sprints around and slides on the floor. An action hero.

Not hyped for this at all, considering that this scenario was suppose to be more like traditional RE games. It's not based on what we saw here.

Comment

I'am gona agree with Darkmoon, that demo was good, no less. Now i'am looking forward for the Chris and Jake levels as well. Also, was I the only one who haven't got how the hell does the dual guns mechanics work (right before the plane crash scene)?
                  Last edited by Nomad9026; 06-04-2012, 05:32 PM.
                  "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

Well, there are zombies, it's night time and the gameplay seems FINALLY good. I'm not gonna complain, even though I find all those funny explosions quite ridiculous.

Comment

Not gonna judge the whole scenario on this demo, but I think the demo itself could have been a little better. Supposedly Leon's scenario is supposed to be horror oriented, and they choose to start it during the middle of an action sequence. The demo should have been when Leon first encounters zombies in his scenario to at least add hype and tension. A little sloppy on Capcom's part.

Comment

Originally posted by Headhunter99 View Post
                        i don't know why some people are complaining it looks good we cant have horror forever we need action to.....
                        Do you wanna finish that thought?.... we need action to kill off the survival horror genre for good? Was that it?

"we cant have horror forever"... Thassa good argument to make!
                        Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                        sigpic

Comment

Looks fantastic.
                          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Doesn't look bad, can't really judge from one scene but I will be picking this up.

Comment

I have to admit I was abit dissapointed. I am not going to go as far as calling this game crap already but I was expecting better. I will still enjoy it though...probably. It seemed abit ORC to me though.

Comment

Working...
                              X