Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billy Coen for RE5?

Found a link to this on the Capcom Europe Forums just thought I'd share:

Could be feasible eh? Afterall he wouldn't be the first person to slip up and he still maintains that Billy is in RE5. . .
    sigpic

I dunno. I read that news article and I wonder if it's a fake. Why is the ORIGINAL image with the RE5 news much more blurry and JPG format, while the one that has been apparently "edited to remove the RE5 news" much clearer and in PNG format?

As much as I want it to be true () I am skeptical.

Comment

People still thinks thats Billy? Are they fucking retarded? Jesus..

Comment

Half the time, a lot of those guys don't know exactly what game they're VA'ing for, as long as they get paid.

This guy could very well be doing the bit for UC, thinking it's RE5.

Comment

I'm not the biggest fan of Billy's character, but I did like his "Leave me the hell alone, I'll do it myself" attitude. Although Steve from BioCV portayed the same attitude, I thought he was a arrogant, whiny little bastard (atleast CAPCOM did something right by killing off his character).

Come to think of it, I would like to know where the hell Billy goes after Zero if he's still considered a "wanted man" by authorities, but I somehow seriously doubt they would make his little-known character the main protaginist of Bio5.
          I'm a blackstar.

Comment

im guessing if he appears, it'll be a cameo or something ..
            the main character shown in the trailer is chris no doubt about that ..

what if capcom pull a MGS 2 ?

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
              Come to think of it, I would like to know where the hell Billy goes after Zero if he's still considered a "wanted man" by authorities, but I somehow seriously doubt they would make his little-known character the main protaginist of Bio5.
              Rebecca classified him as deceased, so he has a clean slate. That is, assuming Rebecca lived..Hilarious that we still dont know that after 11 years.

Comment

Thought everybody had already caught on to this. The original source of the information was IMDB, REHoror caught on and contacted Michael Van Wormer about the issue:

"After following up an IMDB listing I contacted the voice actor Michael Van Wormer, who confirmed he was attached to Resident Evil 5 to do the part of Billy Coen, and added the listing to his website.

Note that the cast list on IMDB is not entirely accurate. Michael Gough who voiced Osmund Saddler in Resident Evil 4 said it was the first he'd heard of the game. None of the other actors on the list have responded yet."
                IMDB cannot be taken to be fully reliable, it's made several slipups with regards to casting with numerous other Movies / Games etc.

REHorror later added this:

"It appears Capcom had Steve Van Wormer remove the listing from his site. For those who missed it, I snapped a pic of it."
                Appogies if I shouldn't have mentioned another Resident Evil fan site.

Comment

Buckets upon buckets of failure.

Comment

olololololol, there are waaaay too many differences for that to be Billy - as Dot previously pointed out, and for a cameo...

Possibly I guess, although I'm not sure how exactly as he just kinda wandered off into the woods and was probably devoured by the zombie dogs that bought STARS into the mansion for RE1 >.<

Comment

In the immortal words of Dr. Greg Mueller, ridiculous!

Comment

Ignore the trailer though it was just a early version much like the several RE4 vids . . .

Originally posted by The Zombie Messiah (Capcom Europe)
                        "The "trailer" was a tech demo to show off to representatives of Sony and Microsoft ("Hey guys, this is what our latest engine can pull off, and this is one of the games you can buy the rights to").

One of the reps decided to leak the trailer out. Capcom did not release it...thus, it was a leak.

Capcom then pulled the trailers off the net, and it disappeared for quite a while. However, copies kept on popping up due to people such as myself downloading the first leaks and then sharing it."
                        Last edited by Rancid Cheese; 06-19-2007, 06:34 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

I really doubt that was in engine, It looked much more like CG. Besides that, Capcom released a 1280x720 version on the 10th anniversary disc in Japan, so that negates your leak theory. If anything they realized that they might be setting the bar a bit high and scaled back a bit, but still threw the hardcore fans a bone with the disc.
                          Last edited by Dot50Cal; 06-19-2007, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Well it isn't my theory per se but I see what your getting at and I recall the lovely hi-def trailer. I distinctly remember getting it from some site "The Terror is Alive" or something like that . Did they ever include the RE1.5/3.5 trailers on any official discs? Anyway given Capcom's previous productions they always manage to change their mind and casually put their fingers in their ears and "La La La La" the previous version into obscurity . . .
                            Last edited by Rancid Cheese; 06-19-2007, 07:15 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Dot50Cal - My thoughts exactly, there was no mention on Billy playing a leading role though i.e. Being the character in the Trailer.

I'd love to see Billy in the game, but I would be astonished if some how he turned out to be one of or the Main Character, that Tattoo disappearing would need a lot of explanation. Even so, if that trailer does turn out to be quite simply a demonstration; Cheers to Capcom for making their fans speculate over nothing for well over a year.

Comment

Working...
                              X