Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ultimacloud123 View Post
    IGAS may I ask a question for right now or for your next "round". Would you happen know what month and day you started working on the project as well as the month and day and maybe country you acquired your source build?
    half info not matter. q and a say when we start project plan. maybe we show some schedule milestone later and let people know work load and work flow.

Originally posted by Jimmy_Jazz View Post
    Thank you so much for that Q&A B.Zork. Are you still taking questions or is it time to knuckle down on 1.5?
    just ask

Comment

• I have a question B.Zork.

This is probably silly and obvious but - Will unlockable weapons (Rocket Launcher, Machine Gun etc) and Alternate Outfits for Leon/Elza be in this game?
      From the shots of Leon in his jacket, I'd guess so. Resident Evil wouldn't be the same without them, no?
      "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• Originally posted by B.Zork View Post
        just ask
        In recent updates it became apparent that you seem to be taking inspiration from the alpha builds for designing the RPD. Is this the case, and if not where are you drawing your inspiration from?

Comment

• Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post
          I have a question B.Zork.

This is probably silly and obvious but - Will unlockable weapons (Rocket Launcher, Machine Gun etc) and Alternate Outfits for Leon/Elza be in this game?
          From the shots of Leon in his jacket, I'd guess so. Resident Evil wouldn't be the same without them, no?
          oh. sorry. i forgot inclusion of this question. without any content spoiler i will say there are unlockables. we also include many ways for unlockings and many different style of unlockings too! some might be of more surprise than other. maybe make you wonder who find all first?

Originally posted by geluda View Post
          In recent updates it became apparent that you seem to be taking inspiration from the alpha builds for designing the RPD. Is this the case, and if not where are you drawing your inspiration from?
          hmm? it look like earliest media is source of inspiration? hmm. not sure if share opinion. but maybe is what different people see or what is of suboncious production? maybe is we just look at media from different build and use other source of inspiration and try to focus on what is maybe more like 1.5 and less of retail? maybe we just play lottery or have a magic 8-ball?

Comment

• Do you still have stability issues with the engine? The last thing I remember is that you had issues with saves. I really liked when Birking was giving some updates about such things.
            Last edited by Rick Hunter; 06-19-2014, 01:35 PM.

Comment

• maybe is best we ask birkin to talk of the technical thing in future. original engine core is technically stable and all legacy bugs is what i will say is fixed. if you want rooms and basic cutscenes with enemy library of zombie gorilla and spider? game can be complete. but we want save. missing enemy types. audio. fixed map and files. item box. individual door swing. correct interaction with object. extra. new functionality. timer and rank system. and more. callenge is always now to find system resource for everything that need new code and make it all harmony with legacy.

Comment

• So what you mean basically is that all these news implemented features created instability that still needs to be fixed?

Comment

• some components are still in test and rewrite. instability is not right term for describing. how you say something is still under development? remember that 1.5 is running on code that is not optimized and utilize resources it does not need to utilize. for some code to work we need to free that resource so we can use for new code. in order to free it we must replace it with something using not so much of same resources. i forget if birkin share how much free system resources we had before and after some progress? but is all night and day. remember. a ps1 only have 2mb of memory that must hold game exe and everything going on. cpu is also only 33mhz. every cycle and byte must count.

right now is pause. we need to recharge batteries. enjoy food. enjoy life. is summer for some

Comment

hmm? it look like earliest media is source of inspiration? hmm. not sure if share opinion. but maybe is what different people see or what is of suboncious production? maybe is we just look at media from different build and use other source of inspiration and try to focus on what is maybe more like 1.5 and less of retail? maybe we just play lottery or have a magic 8-ball?
                    Interesting! I shared this comparison earlier and you can see that the wall texture is a near enough match, the over all design of the 2F lift hall looks massively inspired by the alpha builds, from its design, the coloring, and even the wood veneer which can be seen dotted about the alpha RPD. I'm genuinely surprised to find out it wasn't intentional!

Comment

• I'd hardly say it's unintentional that their designs mirror other 1.5 media content, though. Their Q&A even specifically mentions the chief's office as a notable room due to its design features. Nice catch, though. Always fun to see similarities, since some people seem to firmly believe their designs are a bit too far out there and too detached from 1.5.
                      Last edited by Carnivol; 06-19-2014, 05:07 PM. Reason: Had something to drink ... Had :'(

Comment

• Thank you B.Zork for your q&a!
                        "Project Night" (indie horror game) will be released on January 22, 2015
                        http://www.the-horror.com/forums/sho...rking-Title%29

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                          I'd hardly say it's unintentional that their designs mirror other 1.5 media content, though. Their Q&A even specifically mentions the chief's office as a notable room due to its design features. Nice catch, though. Always fun to see similarities, since some people seem to firmly believe their designs are a bit too far out there and too detached from 1.5.
                          True! When there's no better reference material to go on looking back at earlier media for ideas is as close to 1.5 as you're going to get, it certainly doesn't stray from the source material. No matter where the ideas came from I like the direction it's taking, perhaps not every detail but certainly the look and feel seems genuine and appropriate for the game they're trying to recreate.
                          Last edited by Guest; 06-19-2014, 05:33 PM.

Comment

• So that script was translated in one evening, by a guy who had not even seen the game yet?
                            - Correct. The translator received the script, like any other assignment, and started cracking away. To give some perspective on Resident Evil 1.5's script, I think it's important to bring up what type of mess it is and in which state it is. In terms of structure; each room contains text relevant for that room, and dialog appears in a somewhat chronological structure within that room. When we say chronological structure for dialog, we don't refer to the runtime of the narrative, but rather the point of which it was implemented. Tricky. To make matters worse, the rooms themselves are not listed in a chronological order either, so no sort of progression path is visible there. The Stage structure, however, does this. Stages serve as a chapter like progress indicator in the game. So we have a lot of random text, in pretty much random order. Fortunately, full dialog exchanges appear in chronological order. Dialog exclusive to each of the two scenarios are also mainly sorted in different files. One for each scenario. However, some text appears in both scenario files, despite evidently belonging to only one of the two main protagonists. This appears to stem from a time in development where the game kept both scenario dialog scripts in the same file. Hooray for lack of clean up. To make matters worse, the dialog script for Resident Evil 1.5 also lacks a lot of letters. We are not talking abbreviations or odd slang used for space limitations. They're not even letters that are simply absent from the game's font set. They are actually absent from the entire script itself. This probably stems from their compiling system, where a script will be processed and a font generated. Due to the memory limitations of the PS1, the font generated can only contain a fixed amount of letters. At first, they must have worked with a constant set of letters, rather than a filtered set containing only those needed at any given time. To solve the issue of these huge text gaps, context based guesswork was initially needed, but access to solid reference material made the translations portion a non-issue.
                            Here's my question:

Is the script for all of the cutscenes, files, and whatever else pertaining to the game's plot there? Or has there been guesswork to fill in holes? (You don't have to spoil anything!)

I'd think about asking more, but where I'm at, I got a severe storm that's threatening to knock the power out! I might think of something later...

Comment

maybe make you wonder who find all first?
                              This will be me I'm gonna unlock everything first. As long as there are no unlockables based on time/grade received at the end of the game. Then I might be in trouble.

Thank you for the Q&A.

Comment

• Is there gonna be death animations like the retail ?

Comment

Working...
                                X