Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're way fucking past straws now LOL

Comment

• Any new updates? its been quiet here lately.

Comment

• Originally posted by V Venom80 View Post
        Any new updates? its been quiet here lately.
        Check last page ;)

Comment

• Team IGAS We are still working very hard on this despite what some users gossip about it not being released to the public. Quality jobs require adequate amounts of time. We shall post something prior to a release. - S.

in facebook Team IGAS
          Last edited by T-Virus; 11-26-2014, 06:30 AM.

Comment

• Might as well post it here, since Gemini brought it up in the BTM topic. Here's 1.5's solution for getting rid of dead enemies once it has hit the room limit and needs to load more respawning enemies. I wonder if IGAS will also be doing the same thing, hopefully with some fizzing/acid bubbling sprite effects if they do. It makes you wonder if they would have "canonized" disintegrating BOWs if they had pushed through with this effect.

Click image for larger version

Name:	magic.png
Views:	1
Size:	418.4 KB
ID:	403833
            Seibu teh geimu?
            ---

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
              Might as well post it here, since Gemini brought it up in the BTM topic. Here's 1.5's solution for getting rid of dead enemies once it has hit the room limit and needs to load more respawning enemies. I wonder if IGAS will also be doing the same thing, hopefully with some fizzing/acid bubbling sprite effects if they do. It makes you wonder if they would have "canonized" disintegrating BOWs if they had pushed through with this effect.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9868[/ATTACH]
              Why would room limit be an issue? wasn't the original engine built to hold more zombies than the final version? the only reason it was dialed back was to give the zombies more detail. The original idea was having to deal with being mobbed, hence the riot system you had to use in the station.

Comment

• Have you forgotten that certain rooms in the game have enemies that respawn in real-time? That hallway, in particular, will spawn about 20 zombies before it stops respawning them altogether. Same with the lobby. 1.5 can run more zombies than retail, but it can't handle loading all 20 of those enemy models all at once, which is why you have the dead ones disintegrating to make way for the newly respawning zombies. Having more than 10 or so enemies on-screen at the same time causes the game to lag considerably, as demonstrated in one of DB's patches, where he loaded a dozen zombies in the sewer tunnel. The labs also have respawn points in the form of ventilation ducts. If they plan on having the enemies respawn near infinitely in real-time, then getting rid of the dead enemy models would be necessary.

You can watch the video yourself and see the zombie fading away.
                Seibu teh geimu?
                ---

Comment

• The fun thing about respawn in 1.5 is that RE1 kind of did that already in a form or another. Yawn melts down into a purple jam when you kill him for good and those little snakes in the courtyard simply disappear to let more appear. Back to 1.5, I suspect the code is already there somewhere in the leaked build because of the way the zombies disappear when they die; as a matter of fact, you can see them still insta-disappear in Complete Disc (buggy behavior with respawn disabled?) or scale down and then disappear (correct behavior with respawn enabled).
                  Last edited by Gemini; 11-27-2014, 06:01 AM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                  , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	0017.gif
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	403836

I apologize if off topic but I want to draw attention to the large and juicy pools of blood.
                    Looks exciting.
                    sigpic

Comment

• After careful examination of the police station's architecture, biohazard_star and I have determined that there is likely a one-meter level change within the east corridor on the first floor.

It is generally accepted that the RPD's main entrance is prefaced by a short flight of stairs, a theory solidified by these backgrounds:

Name:	00000067.png
Views:	5
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	403837Click image for larger version

Name:	00000426.png
Views:	2
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	403838

The character drop-distances from ledge to landing are congruent in both the front and the rear outdoor areas:

Name:	00000072.png
Views:	2
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	403839Click image for larger version

Name:	00000045.png
Views:	3
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	403840

The elevation of the west corridor's jammed shutter can be explained by an elevated loading dock immediately beyond it, as seen in these backgrounds:

Name:	00000030.png
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	403841Click image for larger version

Name:	00000027.png
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	403842

biohazard_star rendered this model for illustration (I added the highlights):

The ledge is only necessary for allowing zombies to climb up and into the corridor (for some reason, they can't walk up a short flight of stairs). Whether the shutter shown in the mock-up is operational, and whether it can only be used once, is up for debate.
                      Last edited by Enigmatism415; 11-29-2014, 11:31 PM.

Comment

• My mind is blown. Makes a LOT more sense to me!
                        4 Itchy Tasty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aydan View Post
                          My mind is blown. Makes a LOT more sense to me!
                          Hopefully it makes a lot of sense to IGAS too...

Comment

• Could make sense. A sort of loading dock/backroom storage of sorts. But I wouldn't be surprised if it's just Capcom that'd booboo'd themselves a consistency issue on their own too. Totally a good solution if that's what they did (or a likely design choice if they didn't)

Comment

• As far as consistency is concerned I really like the idea, it's definitely a realistic way of explaining the inconsistencies in the buildings elevation. Whether that's what was actually intended I'm not so sure as Capcom still had these kinds of inconsistencies in the retail version. However, perhaps that can explain the crate which is in the way of the door, the only other place I can think of with movable crates is yet another series of loading bays in the green sewer system. Perhaps your hypothetical shutter in the east corridor is broken and that's why a crate was used to obstruct this particilar door, as a means of keeping things from getting in and out of the building.

Regardless of what was originally intended, I like it.

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
                                As far as consistency is concerned I really like the idea, it's definitely a realistic way of explaining the inconsistencies in the buildings elevation. Whether that's what was actually intended I'm not so sure as Capcom still had these kinds of inconsistencies in the retail version. However, perhaps that can explain the crate which is in the way of the door, the only other place I can think of with movable crates is yet another series of loading bays in the green sewer system. Perhaps your hypothetical shutter in the east corridor is broken and that's why a crate was used to obstruct this particilar door, as a means of keeping things from getting in and out of the building.

Regardless of what was originally intended, I like it.
                                I think they screwed up the placement of the two boxes kendo shoves off the roof both should land below outdoor A, having a lone box in outdoor B near the ventalation fans makes no sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X