Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah it's from CV! I thought it sounded familiar, thanks for the confirm. Interesting so the documentary came from around 2000?
    Last edited by Guest; 05-31-2014, 06:40 PM.

Comment

• geluda that was the self destruct sequence theme for code veronica.
      I been playing re2 a lot lately and I been studying the cgi scenes knowing that they were supposed to have reused and altered from 1.5 original ones. Honestly they did quite a good job converting them. The only thing that makes me curious is the helicopter scene. Even though the player character is spectating this event pretty close, they put in no contribution to the scene beyond the beginning point. I get the fact that the helicopter is drowning out sound, but they dont even attempt to yell to get the policeman on the floor aware of the zombie behind him or attempt to shoot the zombie to try to save him.

Oh poop I left this page open for a while and forgot to refresh about the CV thing
      Last edited by NEOMEGA; 05-31-2014, 07:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
        The only room I'm dying to see is the 2F Lift Corridor, though.
        I just died.

That's every room in the RPD!

After the landmark 3K, I think I'll just kick back and wait patiently for the demo.
        Last edited by Enigmatism415; 05-31-2014, 07:31 PM.

Comment

• We saw this little updates, we want to play a Demo, but we can wait... After all, it's an unfinished game, at least another Video Commentary... We want another The Making of Biohazard 1.5 Part 4 , i'm dying to see a rare puzzle in the game...
          Last edited by STARSRedfield; 05-31-2014, 07:51 PM.

Comment

• It's interesting to see how IGAS's backgrounds kind of enforce what Mikami said about the RPD so long ago, and what eventually ended up happening to it in retail. What I mean by this, of course, is that all of IGAS's backgrounds have a very "non-1.5" vibe to them -- they're not just gray, bare rooms like most of the 1.5 RPD and actually have furniture and ornaments/decorations in them. It doesn't detract from the game, but it does lend credence to the whole "the RPD was too boring" thing, since IGAS are really trying hard to dress the rooms up to distinguish them. They look a lot more ornate and retail-y than the default bare 1.5 rooms.

That elevator hallway looks like it would fit right into retail's RPD, for example.
            Obligatory signature ad for things I've made:

You can find out more at my website or Facebook

Comment

• Remove the carpet and paintings and then it'll look like something coming out of RE1.5. I'm really not a big fan of these kind of additions and I highly doubt the original game looks like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gaia Revane View Post
                It's interesting to see how IGAS's backgrounds kind of enforce what Mikami said about the RPD so long ago, and what eventually ended up happening to it in retail. What I mean by this, of course, is that all of IGAS's backgrounds have a very "non-1.5" vibe to them -- they're not just gray, bare rooms like most of the 1.5 RPD and actually have furniture and ornaments/decorations in them. It doesn't detract from the game, but it does lend credence to the whole "the RPD was too boring" thing, since IGAS are really trying hard to dress the rooms up to distinguish them. They look a lot more ornate and retail-y than the default bare 1.5 rooms.

That elevator hallway looks like it would fit right into retail's RPD, for example.
                This expresses my feelings on the subject perfectly. What distinguished Resident Evil 1.5 from the retail product was the the creepy and eerie atmosphere of a realistic police station torn apart and destroyed by the zombie apocalypse. You could feel and imagine yourself being immersed in such a situation because the setting was very much real even if a bit bare bone when contrasted with the retail police department. It kind defeats the purpose of reconstructing the whole thing if they're just gone revamp the (unknown?) designs and give it a similar flavor to the retail product; as not only will the new locations feel disjointed in terms of art directorion but the game becomes a rebuild of Resident Evil 2 inspired by 1.5 rather than an actual reconstruction of 1.5.

BioHazard YouTube Channel
                BioHazard 2 Prototype Database Project

Comment

• It is definitely a reconstruction of 1.5, just not the 1.5 we're all used to.

It looks fantastic in my opinion, I'm surprised at how well they've managed to match the wall texture! I'm glad that they're taking inspiration from the early alpha builds more so than the bioflames build. It's evident to me that Capcom made some bad mistakes throughout the 1.5 development, the further into the development they got the further away from the original vision they got and much of what they ended up with they simply weren't happy with. Their resolution to the problem was to go back to the original alpha design in every aspect, from the design of the RPD all the way to the design of the sewers:

I guess the challenge is to address this issue while at the same time keep the game within the boundaries of 1.5, and taking inspiration from the alpha builds in order to decorate the RPD seems to be the right way to do that. If Capcom had the choice this is definitely the way they would want it as their past and future developments pretty much show this is the winning design. IGAS seem to have met a compromise and found a mix of the two to liven up the 1.5 RPD but also keep it in the realms of what the developers wanted from Biohazard 2. Kudos to them I say.
                  Last edited by Guest; 06-01-2014, 09:30 AM.

Comment

• I know what you guys are saying but I agree with Geluda. Right away it reminded me of the alpha (which in turn reminds me of Code Veronica). I'll reserve judgement until the demo..

Comment

• Never noticed this before but those windows are so random and unnecessary.
                      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• The "RPD was too boring" doesn't have to be in regards to its original artistic concepts rather how it was structured. Maybe the RPD needed more interesting layouts due to lack of imagination in their opinion, but conceptually flawed it was not.
                        sigpic
                        "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• Originally posted by Gaia Revane View Post
                          What I mean by this, of course, is that all of IGAS's backgrounds have a very "non-1.5" vibe to them -- they're not just gray, bare rooms like most of the 1.5 RPD and actually have furniture and ornaments/decorations in them. It doesn't detract from the game, but it does lend credence to the whole "the RPD was too boring" thing, since IGAS are really trying hard to dress the rooms up to distinguish them. They look a lot more ornate and retail-y than the default bare 1.5 rooms.
                          And the funny thing is some people couldn't tell them apart from actual 1.5 rooms. Then again, we all don't really know what 1.5 would have looked like with a nice layer of polishing/refinement/consistency adjustments, but we could see with our own eyes quality drops and bumps depending on stages or even within single rooms.
                          Last edited by Gemini; 06-01-2014, 12:27 PM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                          , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post

Never noticed this before but those windows are so random and unnecessary.
                            At the top? I've never even noticed that my self!

Comment

• That new screen from IAGS screems RE3 4F Hospital to me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	hqdefault.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	10.0 KB
ID:	403661
                              My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• It seems very modern.

Comment

Working...
                                X